Dead or Alive 2 costumes

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dead or Alive 2 costumes

Post by asshoe »

erm i got the usa version of DOA2 and i noticed i couldn't seem to get the costumes with normal and everything that i need for it. Well my bro did some research and said that the usa version doesnt have the costumes :( is this true. if so if i were to get the jap version (import) from say ebay and play on my dreamcast (with utopia boot disc) could i than get the costumes? Thx. (is there any usa versions that u can unlock costumes with?)
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chainfist »

I'm not sure what yo are talking about.. I have had the American DOA ever since I first got my Dreamcast and each character has multiple costumes available. Just click up and down on the D-pad to scroll through them.

Also... in the options menu, change your name to "REALDEMO" and also set yor age to 99 for maximum effect.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

DOA2LE (japanese) has LOTS of costumes, and better subtitling. Hmm. DOA2 has SOME costumes, but just 3 or 4 per character.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

yeah i did my own research. the japanese limited edition has ALL the costumes. (us only had 3-4 of the costumes DOA LE had) so i'll buy the Limited edition and use utopia boot disc on it (that'll work right?)
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

asshoe wrote:yeah i did my own research. the japanese limited edition has ALL the costumes. (us only had 3-4 of the costumes DOA LE had) so i'll buy the Limited edition and use utopia boot disc on it (that'll work right?)
Tell us if it works. I'd be tempted to by the Limited edition if it does.
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Chainfist wrote:Also... in the options menu, change your name to "REALDEMO" and also set yor age to 99 for maximum effect.
Change your name? Was this option in LE? I can't see it.
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

Ender wrote:
Chainfist wrote:Also... in the options menu, change your name to "REALDEMO" and also set yor age to 99 for maximum effect.
Change your name? Was this option in LE? I can't see it.
He means that when you place in the top ten in Survival or Tag Team (can't remember exactly which), use the name REALDEMO, this unlocks a part of the demo in which you see Kasumi naked in a jello-like cloning-related substance.

My personal fave is the age (age++ = bounce++)
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

yea, I knew the age bit