Have no idea how to burn this

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Have no idea how to burn this

Post by Mark064 »

I started reading how to use the graphical installer and I got confused. The instructions seems so complicated and I don't want to burn some cd's to get smashed in a fit of rage. Is there an easier way to do it. I see some of you guys talking about dcfactory or something and I have no idea what that is. I wanna be able to burn 2 cd's one for the emulator and one for the roms so I can add more later.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

DCFactory is an easy to use program for selbooting emu's & there's also DSSBS Final, you can see a guide for using it to selfboot the latest version of DSNES here.
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

So I tried using DCfactory to burn this but I seem to only be able to burn 0.9.4 is there anyway I can burn 0.9.6
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

anyone? Sorry for the double post.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="Mark064"]
So I tried using DCfactory to burn this but I seem to only be able to burn 0.9.4 is there anyway I can burn 0.9.6
[/quote]

Did you go to the scripts tab in DCFactory and install the latest scripts?
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

Damn that was stupid of me. I finally got the latest scripts and I can burn it but this seems to want to make it that everything is put on one cd which I don't want how can I do it so the roms are on a second cd.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="Mark064"]
Damn that was stupid of me. I finally got the latest scripts and I can burn it but this seems to want to make it that everything is put on one cd which I don't want how can I do it so the roms are on a second cd.
[/quote]

You can burn the CD image you made with DCFactory and you SHOULD, in theory, be able to just use it the same way as the premade selfboot DreamSNES images you can download.

Just make a second CD with your ROMs in a directory called 'roms' and some sort of MP3/MP2 file in a directory called sound.

If you really want, you can even make your image in DCFactory without selecting any ROMs to go on the disk. Although I don't see why you would want to, really.
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

I want to so I can have a cd with mp3's and the emulator. And the other one with roms. I also don't have enough roms and that way I can always add more later.
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

Once again sorry for the double post. But my disc failed. At first everything seemed perfect and I was happy but I reached the screen about Pike Technology and it stops there. :cry: Well I found out what was wrong with it. I opened the DC's Cover and I got an error message. "One of the Data Files is corrupted. Check the CD for scratches." There are no scratches on the CD. Can anyone help me?
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

FOr an operation like this, dir2boot would probably be easier....

1) Get dir2boot from here: http://www.consolevision.com/burnero/

2) Put the file called IP.BIN in the directory called "cd"

3)Go inside CD. Add your MP3s to the SOUND directory.

4) Fire up dir2boot in either DJ or Nero flavours :)

5) Send it to that directory and double-click the ip.bin

6) Image should be created, burn with DJ or Nero

Now for your ROMs disc...

1) Create two directories called SOUND and ROMS in a directory

2) Put a minimum of one mp3 in the SOUND directory

3) Put your ROMs in the ROMs directory

4) Fire up nero

5) Follow this tutorial for the rest, not forgeting that you also need to burn that SOUND directory: http://www.dcemulation.org/newhelp/romd ... omdir=ROMS

NOTE: I also found this site on that help page: http://www.dcemulation.org/newhelp/romsites.htm Interesting... it appears we can't discuss ROMs but they'll show you where to download em :P
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Boogerman wrote: NOTE: I also found this site on that help page: http://www.dcemulation.org/newhelp/romsites.htm Interesting... it appears we can't discuss ROMs but they'll show you where to download em :P
Hmmm, I guess The Kron didn't find all the pages last week. :wink: That page is really old & from a time when it was OK to post links to ROM sites.
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

Ahhh, gotchya... it's a nice PHP script though, just change the parser in the browser addy page to make it seem like new :)
It only takes one tree, to build one thousand matches
It only takes one match, to BURN one thousand trees

GODDAMN That XBox sucks!!!!
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

None of the links on the site work. They all say bad gateway. :(
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

But there is one thing I don't understand. Why did the cd load all the way up to the advertisment screen then stop? And what is this data file corupted error? Shouldn't I have gotten to the emulator. I put one rom file on the disc to make sure that it would work. But that didn't seemed to have made a difference.
Mark064
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Mark064 »

Anyone? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: