Is DreamSNES dead?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is DreamSNES dead?

Post by XDelusion »

Like the scene? :)
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Is DreamSNES dead?

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

XDelusion wrote:Like the scene? :)
I don't know about DreamSNES, but I know this happens every time when a release take that long. We all think it's dead and than all of a sudden there is a release. Patience...

But the scene isn't dead at all. Trust me a lot of nice new stuff is coming to the DC!
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Re: Is DreamSNES dead?

Post by MetaFox »

Captain Skyhawk wrote:
XDelusion wrote:Like the scene? :)
I don't know about DreamSNES, but I know this happens every time when a release take that long. We all think it's dead and than all of a sudden there is a release. Patience...

But the scene isn't dead at all. Trust me a lot of nice new stuff is coming to the DC!
It is too! Sure there are tons of homebrew games coming, but you can only play one game on them! The l33t emus need to be updated at least once a week or they are obviously dead!
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

actually, wasn't there an announcement just a little while ago that there was a new release of dsnes coming out Spring 2004? or am I just completely mistaken?
this is my signature
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

I haven't hear about the next release, although I did guess Spring 2004 would be the likeliest release - that could be what you were remembering.
I had a funny thought the other day. What if DreamSNES is already perfected and the team is just pissed at us all and keeping it to themselves? lol, I doubt it but its funny to imagine them playing FF6 at perfect fullspeed on their DC while we sit here and complain.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

They said something like a new version for the PC was comming out, then they would release a DC version with the new updates
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

They said something like a new version for the PC was comming out, then they would release a DC version with the new updates
Actually they (the DreamSNES team) didn't say anything.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

wasn't their an intervirew with one of them I read on the Dreamsnes thread not long ago that said that? or I'm I just dreaming?
FlashPV
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FlashPV »

P.Bortas has done some works in the last Snes9X Pc version. Rumor says he's waiting the 1.42 which should be hopefully bug-free for a new port.
1.42 isn't out and a port will surely not be done fast so you can just wait....
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Prophet][ you're dreaming. There was no interview.
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

there hasn't been any new(release day or anything) in at least 6 months so maybe you dreamed about it and if any one were to ask me i would say we will get one for christmast since they never missed a holiday season without a release :?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Prophet][ wrote:wasn't their an intervirew with one of them I read on the Dreamsnes thread not long ago that said that? or I'm I just dreaming?
DreamSNES is OFFICIALLY ALIVE! ("Interview" with Peter Bortas)
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Well he still posts in the snes9x forums I think, lots of people have been contributing stuff to it recently. So I'd have to echo Flash's comments here.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I've been content playing SNES on my XBOX, but I'd really like to see something like this completed regardless, it is just too kool an idea to think of the DC running SNES, being an uncle, this makes giving gifts easy. :)
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

well, knowing how many EMULATORS now a days seems to take over 8 months for one update, i am with many others here, paitence is the key ! well, at least the ZSNES team give us WIPs to look at which prooves they are still working on it, but this is different, its a DC version, PC versions always have like hundreds of programmers working on things like the SDD-1 chip encryption... but i guess this hollyday would be nice, cause tomorrow will make this last update a one year anniversary... i guess in one year they will have time to implement a lot, but again, its hard to tell knowing how much programmation it takes to port a program to another OS.

well, patience, but i sure hope the next update is nearer then i think it is !
go on DSNES team, i have faith in you !
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

XDelusion wrote:I've been content playing SNES on my XBOX, but I'd really like to see something like this completed regardless, it is just too kool an idea to think of the DC running SNES, being an uncle, this makes giving gifts easy. :)
I know, this reminds me of that topic in the Development Ideas where the guy was whining about a GBA emulator and the scene is shifting towards XBox. I love the fact that XBox offers such great emulation but at the same time nothing could compare to the DC's "burn and play" styling. No mod chip, anything. The price is also right, I mean... a bum could be playing this if he went about it right.
What really makes me biased though is that DC was the first console that I got to emulate another console on. I was excited as hell when I saw the Zelda 3 title rolling. That's also the reason I really hope this emulator reaches perfection despite it's seeming overshadow from Xbox Snes emus.
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

LOL. We were promised a new version and it's been over a year. The PS2 SNES-Station is just as bad if not worse. I checked back every few months to see the same old false hope you guys are spreading. You draw your own conclusions and waste your own time, but I'll see you guys in a couple years. I have moved on to CD64 and the like for now...
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Here's something a coder of SNES9x wrote on Nov. 3
Matthew Kendora wrote:I'm looking for him as well, seeing as he hosts the binaries, and we're wrapping up a new release.

I think what we do is overwork the DreamSNES team, since this will be the third (and most likely, final) release of the year. Much of the emulation core in DreamSNES is tuned asm. When we add new stuff, like the emulating reads that don't return a value explicitly (the wires still have data on them from requesting the data, and we had to emulate that effect), they need to update their entire core, which can take some time.

Anyway, when and if I find him, I'll try to remember to tell him that the natives are restless :)
sappel
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sappel »

That sounds like great news :D
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

Matthew Kendora wrote:I'm looking for him as well, seeing as he hosts the binaries, and we're wrapping up a new release.

I think what we do is overwork the DreamSNES team, since this will be the third (and most likely, final) release of the year. Much of the emulation core in DreamSNES is tuned asm. When we add new stuff, like the emulating reads that don't return a value explicitly (the wires still have data on them from requesting the data, and we had to emulate that effect), they need to update their entire core, which can take some time.

Anyway, when and if I find him, I'll try to remember to tell him that the natives are restless :)
Restless is a bit of an understatement I'd say, and furthermore there won't be any natives left after Christmas. There are hardly any left as it is, and most of what are left have given up hope, want the forum to be premalocked, or are asking desperately for someone else to start an SNES emulator.