DCFactory?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCFactory?

Post by Dreamcast Is Still Alive »

Could someone give me a step by step guide on how to use this WONDERFUL program.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I used it to burn Dreamsnes... without any bother! It's like...self-explanatory, isn't it? :?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Not really...

How do I selfboot DreamSNES (The NEW one) with DCFactory?
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

If you can't figure out dcfactory, maybe you should send me your computer..
-miah
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
-- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Since I downloaded the scripts everything seems to be fine, by the way I dont need anyones smartass answers...
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

ill try and lend a hand, and hope i say it right, otherwise these people will mock the hell out of me. the selfboot dreamsnes 0.96 open of dreamcast factory and goto "tasks" then click on "DreamSNES" then click on "Perform Task" and then it will take u into the wizard, download the dreamsnes plainfiles zip, itll do it for u if u click on "download" then browse to that directory and select the zip file, then click next, in this next step u select the directory where u store all ur roms, u better have them stored in one folder cuz thats how dcfactory works. select that folder, then click next, then select which file type ud like it to spit out, nrg or cdi. and in output and filename put whatever u want to call it in there, then click next, it might say "cannot find discjuggler/nero" in that case u browse to the executable, eg for nero c:/program files/ahead/nero.exe then click next and itll do the rest. its really really really simple and selfexplanatory...i did it for my first time last night, with my first time even looking at the program and it worked flawlessly...a really great prog.
hope this helps
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I was wondering how to burn Dreamsnes 0.95, so I went to the chat room for help... KRYPT very nicely helped me use DCFactory... but I haven't tried burning anything since then...

My use of the software is very limited, but I found it remarkably easy to use! Downloading the new plug-ins and then selecting the software you want to burn, the location of the zip file, the location of the Roms... easy peasy! :)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I think if your having problems you may not have the two things what need installing on your compu before you attempt to use DC Factory. Get them at http://dcfactory.cjb.net go to the downloads section and look there.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Dreamcast Is Still Alive
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

When I download those "scrpits" it makes it so DCFactory "perform an illegal operation" so I prefer not to use those anymore. Thank goodness I have (Gateway) GoBack...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

What OS are u on??? U may only need one of the scripts.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming