DreamSNES 0.9.6!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
jce4ever
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jce4ever »

:( what happen my .94 and .95 loads all 250 of my snes roms fine but when i d/l .96 and burned it and loaded it it will only bring up like 5 or 6 games max :cry: I thought i might have burned it wrong but i d/l it again and burned it five times but it keep only loading 5 or 6 rom's what happen why. This has to be a bug.
g00kie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by g00kie »

Me thinks that you have to burn it with the plain files to get all your roms working. Me also thinks most of the people are burning it this way too so they don't say buggy.

*you know you like my grammar*

I burned the image, booted it up, placed my ROMs folder CD into the dreamer and yes, only 3 or 5 games pop up. To play Chrono Trigger I had to keep pressing A then B then A then B until the damned rom popped up.

Burning it plainy should work. In fact, I'm trying it now.

Edit: oh and yeah, Sakinator was owning it up on the ice. w00t Canada! I forget who scored it but it was the 2nd goal with a puck under the legs of Mario Lemieux and some other punk behind him scored. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

discostu55555 wrote: ..oh yeah, and i replaced the menu music with "what is love?" fits the theme just fine 8^]
is that the howard jones song ?
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

aw, another bug? :(
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

i love you!!! i finally have a working cd-burner! now i just need to pickup some blank cds tomorrow and i will have so much fun!

thank you so very much!!! woo!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D
HoRnEyDvL
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by HoRnEyDvL »

Bug Some game work fine but some dont like donkley kong contry 1 2 & 3 the backgorund music is not there also the Keys for super marial all stars are f*** up ther only 1 jump & 3 run buttons loading up the room screen takes for ever & the music always F**** up. Is ther away to remove the hearts & The music. apart from those small bugs i have found so far im impresed with this version. Hopefull they will get every game running @ 100% with sound.
Lifes A Bitch So Fuck It
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

I definitely noticed a speed improvement over v0.95...Super Mario World seems to be pretty close to full speed (90-95%) with mono sound, and pretty good (85-90%) even with stereo sound. Noticed some improvements in Super Punch-Out too... Unfortunately Contra 3 still seems to be having problems (way too much frameskipping). Hopefully they'll add a variable frameskip (and a transparency toggle) in a future release.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

pavelbure wrote:
discostu55555 wrote: ..oh yeah, and i replaced the menu music with "what is love?" fits the theme just fine 8^]
is that the howard jones song ?
I was going to ask the same thing. Wouldn't "Like To Get To Know You Well" be better as a Valentine's theme?

Anyhoo, guess I should burn this new release to see what it's like.
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

cherok Wrote:
i burned mine to work with the .94 version a while ago.. the 1st like 7 roms come up, but the cd stops reading after that many,... what is the problem? do the names have o be longer? they all USED to work
I am having the same problem! But I have used the plain files self-booted, no hearts or music with a seperate rom cd (using roms.lst)... sob! :cry: Only 5 or 6 roms show up....

By the way, I have to say this, ... GO CANADA!!
NeOxXt
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by NeOxXt »

jce4ever wrote: :( what happen my .94 and .95 loads all 250 of my snes roms fine but when i d/l .96 and burned it and loaded it it will only bring up like 5 or 6 games max :cry: I thought i might have burned it wrong but i d/l it again and burned it five times but it keep only loading 5 or 6 rom's what happen why. This has to be a bug.

AAAAArgh :twisted: first post on the board guys! hello!! been hangin around soaking up every piece of info i can for the past couple of months....

I've personally tried both the nero and the DJ images, and get the 1, 5, 7 roms popping up on a 250 rom disc.....frustrated as hell because from what i can see this release is awesome....

Unfortunately.....I dont own the hardware, or have the knowledge to make a disc from the plain files.....

i hope this isnt a bug in the actual emulator.... ppppleeeeease i hope it isnt a bug!! ...... i suppose only time will tell
There is absolutely no need for another gaming system if we can have every single game we've played in the past 25 years on our beloved Dreamcast. To hell with xbox, cube, and PS2!
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

W00h00. 0.9.6 is definately an improvment with the cpu optimiztions option enabled. However, rom listing is broke. I've actually had the DC lockup on me during the rom listing, and reboot a few times. I'm using a ROMS.LST and its only listing a few games, leaving the menu then going back in will sometimes list more, sometimes list less..

-miah
-miah
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
-- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

discostu55555 wrote:
..oh yeah, and i replaced the menu music with "what is love?" fits the theme just fine 8^]
I used Bob Marley - Is This Love :) (and a few other marley tracks).

I've personally tried both the nero and the DJ images, and get the 1, 5, 7 roms popping up on a 250 rom disc.....frustrated as hell because from what i can see this release is awesome....
I haven't had this problem, I burned the plain files (w/ROMS&roms.lst) and booted with DemoMenu. Maybe its a disc swap bug, has anyone had this problem with a selfboot disc (no roms cd)?
anybody know if the rom names need to be 8 characters long? all the examples i've seen are conveniently shortened to 8 characters
My roms were 32chars and they all showed up in the menu.

-Zac
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Does it only show the first 7 alphabetically, or is it a random 7 (or whatever number) each time?
GamerMage
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by GamerMage »

if you leave the music file on the cd the roms load completely
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Really? Can anyone else confirm this?
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Anyone noticed a weird problem with resetting? I'm hoping it's not my dreamcast...it seems like DreamSNES resets randomly with this version...I haven't had it happen during actual gameplay, just fiddling around with the menus.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

[quote="mirrorsaw_2000"]
Anyone noticed a weird problem with resetting? I'm hoping it's not my dreamcast...it seems like DreamSNES resets randomly with this version...I haven't had it happen during actual gameplay, just fiddling around with the menus.
[/quote]

Did you remove the music? If you did, that's probably why it's resetting at random points at the first page of the games list.
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

Really? Can anyone else confirm this?
yes, i can :D it works :D its loading all my roms!!!!! yay!!!![/quote]
Agent 00Zer0
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Agent 00Zer0 »

what if you just had a zero-length mp3 (make a blank text file and rename it jw-click.mp3). stupid music slows down the menu quite a bit....just wondering if this would work...don't really feel burning right now...whatever.
GamerMage
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by GamerMage »

nm