IRIS .9 AND OTHER STUFF

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IRIS .9 AND OTHER STUFF

Post by dciris »

First and foremost thanks very much to all that responded to the last post. In regards to sound I looked into the SDL mixer and realized I had no clue how to even install it properly. Rather than bug you guys about it I reevaluated the .Wav file I was using and recompressed it through GOLDWAVE and found that it worked! I guess the way I compressed it was wrong ?So then came the issue of making it loop seamlessly

For some reason this works but (the loop does not play until 7 seconds have passed)

Loop

if (t > timer+7)
{
t = time(NULL);
snd_sfx_play(sound[snd_on], 1000, 0);
timer = t;
}

If I do this?. sound at the beginning plays but the first called play overlaps the initialized time statement causing a sound mess up but after that everything plays fine

Loop

if (t > timer+7)
{
t = time(NULL);
timer = t;
}

If any body has any ideas on how to fix this I would be much appreciated =)

On to Iris .9 and I?m a dumb ass?.

I was so happy when I heard about Iris .9 the current tutorials are amazing and I got 70% of the samples to work and they are also amazing?but I was unable to export anything from the max exporter I export a polycube nothing shows up in the viewer export a model brought from another application crash max =( also found the viewer is difficult to use compared to the .7 viewer (could not figure out enviorment controls). So fine I?d have to port my .7 code to .9 anyway its done in .7 it?ll get finished in .7?

Recently the projects focus has changed to animation and the animated file sizes in .7 are huge!
Early in the year I found a wicked link offering patches for this at
http://www.renate-hat.onlinehome.de/til ... l/iris.htm (A-128)
unfortunately now the link is dead! If anyone knows where to attain such information I would be very grateful I think it dealt with changing the (fps to 12 in order to condense frame numbers but how to get iris to reevaluate these keys to read as 30-24 fps is beyond me) :?
Vorrtexx
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vorrtexx »

Maybe set "t" to be a greater value than (timer +7) outside the loop, then when you come into it, the if statement will return true.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by dciris »

Hey Vorrtexx thanks very much for your help my code currently looks like this and works (sometimes there is a slight stutter after the first play othertimes its flawless either way its much better than it was before... :D

loop

t = time(NULL);
if (flag == 1)
{
t += 8;
flag = 0;
}
if (t > timer+7)
{
t = time(NULL);
timer = t;

}
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

If you go to http://www.renate-hat.onlinehome.de/tillorg/trivial/ and click on the dev tools section and scroll down a bit, you will find a download for an Iris3D patch.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by dciris »

thanks very much SinisterTengu this has totally made my day! :)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

SDL mixer is easy go to my site and get the full pack of libs for Kos including ones not included in kos like TTF display and other things. SDL is easy and not hard to learn. good luck

http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/examples.htm the download for a SDL install for kos is there precompiled for easy use . make file examples download any of my ports and mod them read the tut i wrote or download the imrtec demo for a demo of the SDL mixer and SDL_image and a voxel engine 3d etc. with dc control and music.

Any way good luck
Dreamcast forever!!!
gruiiik
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by gruiiik »

Hello, just a reply about the exporter :
You must have mapping and texture on object you wan't to export.
(see the log windows, the exporter should say : "Mapping not found, cannot export object.", or something like this:)).

For the viewer, tyhe new version have a lot of improvement (suh as plugin etc.) but it's true that it a lot hardier to use :(.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by dciris »

Thanks very much Ian Micheal for the SDL libs I was able to get the
Lupengo DX to compile but I am still working on getting the IMR Tech Demo and Xrick fullspeed version to compile...

Also thanks very much gruiiik I have mapping on the models but max still crashes... but does not crash when a cube with no mapping is exported but this is also bad cause the file created is small in size and will not appear in the exporter without mapping :?

In regards to the A128 patch (emailed this message to (A128)

- am having trouble getting it to work.... the following error(s) occur when I try to compile the boxed ANIM sample that usually compiles with the iris3d V0.7 without the patch

I copied the files over the Iris V0.7 distribution and then this happens when I try to compile

main.o: In function 'main'
/usr/local/include/iris3d/math/matrix.hpp:66: undefined reference to 'IrisObjectManger::LoadObject (char*, char*, float)'

main.o: In function 'main'
/usr/local/include/iris3d/model/IrisObject.hpp:97: undefined reference to 'IrisObject:TransformAndLightingAndDrawInterpol()'

collect2: Id returned 1 exit status

very grateful for any help thanks very much
gruiiik
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by gruiiik »

Please send me the file that crash the exporter i will fix it.
Thank you.
dciris
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by dciris »

thanks gruiiik!

I think everyhing is ok now... I talked to my partner and he helped to get 0.9 up and running

Progress

I know I know I said will finish in 0.7 but now 0.9 works very well
and the patch problem is now fixed with the upgrade to 0.9!!!!