UR fav SNES RPG

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

What's your fav SNES RPG

Other
100%

Total votes: 3
TheUnSlinger
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UR fav SNES RPG

Post by TheUnSlinger »

If you say other, just post it!
Mr. Monkey eyed Rinoa. "Darn, how many times did your
parents hit you with the ugly stick?" he said. "You are ugly
with a capital U-G-L-Y. And you're fat and stupid, too. You
know what? YOU SUCK!"-Fritz Fraundorf
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

Front Mission or Zeta Gundam: Away with the new type, the second one is in BAAAD need of translating, which i'll eventually do, first C is my priority before japanese though...
Its been a while...
TheUnSlinger
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

hmm...

Post by TheUnSlinger »

I'm taking Japanese 1 and i already took a college course on C cuz the high schools don't have anything advanced enough fer me. I'm not that good a progamming tho... I'm better at web design. I wanna learn php and java. My main focus at this point is actually learning c++ cuz i already played around with pascal, c, and basic.

Back on topic... Earthbound is one of my fav RPGs because of it's wonder ful sense of humor that is almost monty python-esque. "me am mr saturn we all are mr saturn" and the abundance of insane cultists are examples of it's wonderful humor.

0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

my fav would have to be Chrono Trigger.. time travel is always good 8) . after that i'd say Tales of Phantasia because of the sweet graphics and sound.
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

I had to go and do it I had to vote for the final fantasy games I just loved FF2 and FF3, who can resist playing as a theif (locke) a gambler (setzer) in FF3 or being the an evil knight who finds out that he is actually a decent human being in FF2
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

Well I had to go with Zelda because I like the action RPG's a little more than the other types.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Zelda is a great game, but I don't consider it a RPG so I had to go with Chrono Trigger
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Chrono Trigger is KING
BUT HOW CAN YOU CALL MYSTIC QUEST FINAL FANTASY?!?!?!
Mystic quest is just a labeled final fantasy with no roots to the series what so ever. Chrono Trigger was almost called a final fantasy as was secret of mana( final fantasy adventure) Mystic quest doesn't belong up there.
TheUnSlinger
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

hmm...

Post by TheUnSlinger »

okee katana. Calm down. I was just trying to represent the series on the platform in general, not qualifying it's greatness. Jeesh. I have mystic quest, regrettably. (my friend gave me a copy of mario 3 to take it) And i agree that it is the pinnacle of crappiness, but i just wanted to list them all on the snes in the us. I could have mentioned 5 but i didn't. I think of zelda as an Action RPG. Chrono trigger was sold ina final fantasy package, but they just needed an appropriate name for the deal. People wanted ff4 and CT rereleases in the US so they got em. One of the mana series was released on game boy under the name Final fantasy adventure, but i think they wanted to use the final fantasy name to gey more potential buyers. FFMQ was meant as a hook, an introduction to RPG's that was more of a teaching tool than a game. But since i wanted to represent all FInal fantasies for SNES, i used MQ.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Mystic Quest wasn't THAT bad. Granted it wasn't as good as other ff games, but Idid like the fact that MOST of the time there wasn't random battles. I mean most of the dungeons you could see the monsters. I don't mind haveing a certain set of battles to do, but its a pain in the arse to go back looking for something and have to fight stuff every 5 steps. Even Final Fantasy X has the problem. I remember going back to the temples looking for secrets and having to fight newbie fiends in besaid to get there.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

ok since you didnt bother to mention a few great rpgs, im going to put them, Tenchi Sozou, Bahamut Lagoon, Romancing SaGa 3, and Final Fantasy V. those were great games. and in my opinion romancing SaGa 3 was one of the finest games on the super nintendo.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Um... well, apart from Chrono Trigger (obviously) my fave is probably Ogre Battle which I guess technically isnt an RPG as such... but then again Square did just rip it off and call their game FF Tactics... if you even vaguely like FF Tactics you will *love* the Ogre Battle games...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

EARTHBOUND!!! If you haven't played this one BUY IT (I went to another state to buy it! (before i know bout ROMs and emus))
Super Mario RPG is EXCELLENT - Speaking of which, WHO IS CULEX? I haven't completed any FF games for SNES fully so I don't know who he is.
FFII (US)
FFIII (US)
Crono Trigger (haven't completed it yet - i am at the part where you go in the teleporter after Marle - lol - but i like it already)
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

Dragon Quest 5/6!!! My favs... but I AM an enix man... raised on the Dragon Warrior series, so I am kinda biased :D