The Eteneral Question: Roth vs. Haggar

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Who's Better?

David Lee Roth
50%
Sammy Haggar
50%
Ummm... that other guy...
No votes

Total votes: 4
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

The Eteneral Question: Roth vs. Haggar

Post by pixel »

Who's the better lead of Van Halen, David Lee Roth or Sammy Haggar?
The question that has plauged rock fans for the past decade still rages.
On one hand, Roth did have more big hits and was more "rockin'." But if you think about it, how bands have kicked out their lead singer only to have more success with another one? I find Haggar's "Dreams (Blue Angels)" and "Right Here, Right Now" much better than some of Roth's. I'm not saying Roth isn't the greatest, but Haggar worked with what he had and made it successful. Oh, wasn't there another guy after Haggar :lol:?
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FFgamer »

Roth by a lot. He was a better showman and his song were more raunchy than Hagars. His were all sex and rock & roll and Hagars were all love and imagination. Roth should have NEVER left. Hes all scraggly and balding now. The was a thrid guy after Hager, I forget his name, but they had an album in like 1997, and it sucked. So my point is, Roth was better. (Oh, and Eddie played better guitar riff during the Roth period)
"Why can't I just burn VisualBoyAdvance.exe to a cd? My Dreamcast has Windows installed on it." - Typical Dumbass Newbie Post

Now Playing - Final Fantasy V, GTAIII
catfishman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by catfishman »

Man... When I read the title for this thread I thought you were talking about Haggar the Horrible (from the newspaper comics).
I like the big hits from the David Lee Roth era Van Halen, but as a whole (like listening to complete cds), I much preffer The Hagar years.
I remember seeing the Atari 2600 (VCS / Sear's Telegames) when it was new and thinking "Oh my God! Look how realistic that stick-man looks... and everything is in colour! There's no way we can ever surpass this..."
Man, am I ever getting old!
Grooverider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grooverider »

I think Mike Haggar, mayor of Metro City is the best.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Roth -_-
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead