vmu games

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
DeathWalksAgain
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

vmu games

Post by DeathWalksAgain »

is there anyway to hook up my vmu to somthing but the bateries so it wont run out of power....im trying to play chao adventure 2 but i have no power :cry:
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Well you can run it off some AA batteries. I used to have mine like that. its very simple. all you need to do is get two wires and run it from the two clips where the small batteries are suppost to go to a small AA battery pack. If you need this in a bit more detail just ask. Im really tired right now.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

hey ummm i would like to know in a lil more detail :P just got my dreamcast so ill love to play some mini games a lil bit longer :P
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

I have my vmu attached to an AC adapter. Very easy MOD to do. Just cut one of the plugs off the adapter and take the two wires, strip them, and attach each one to one of the connectors where the battery hits.Then put the cover on to hold the wires in place.

Make sure it is a universal adapter too. I had mine set to 3v but I would get a "Please Change Battery" Message every once and awhile so I boosted it to 4.5v and it works fine!
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

ok kool thx, does a universal adapter have universal adapter on it? this is awsome :P
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

do you attach it to the long middle metal piece and the split metal piece on the right or jsut the split metal piece on the right?
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

both, one wire to each, if you don't get power, switch 'em.
DeathWalksAgain
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by DeathWalksAgain »

thanx peeps :D
fishman
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by fishman »

Yeah its an easy mod. I used an old 6v I had laying around. Probably more common than a 3 or 4. something volt. I think that 6v is the max that they can take. Mine works great.
asshoe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by asshoe »

i used a gameboy adapter that could switch from 3 to 6v so i had to gues which 2 wires i would put on from teh 3 and i guessed right :P the only problem is when i unplug it all the time and dates are ereased? that suppose to happen? no big deal cause i can use the dreamcast to set the time on the vmu. this is cool thx :mrgreen: :lol: