Whats the best settings for gypplay?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
montell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whats the best settings for gypplay?

Post by montell »

Anybody know anygood gypplay settings so i can watch the mpegs on my Dreamcast i am looking for good quality settings.
M.Rowley
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Try either the LBR or ULBR templates from kwag. THe amount of video you can get from the template depends a lot on the aspect ratio of the video and it's motion, but even on low-motion full-frame British comedies I managed to get more than two hours of VCD-quality video on a self-booting GypPlay disc (670MB), and that was before the ULBR template was introduced, which should allow for more. And if you want to fit a bit more or want a bit more quality, you can tweak the settings slightly to suit your needs.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
montell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

How Do I Tweak The Settings?

Post by montell »

az_bont wrote:Try either the LBR or ULBR templates from kwag. THe amount of video you can get from the template depends a lot on the aspect ratio of the video and it's motion, but even on low-motion full-frame British comedies I managed to get more than two hours of VCD-quality video on a self-booting GypPlay disc (670MB), and that was before the ULBR template was introduced, which should allow for more. And if you want to fit a bit more or want a bit more quality, you can tweak the settings slightly to suit your needs.
az_bonz how do i tweak the kvcd template settings on TMPGEnc and how do i get a bit more quality?
M.Rowley
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How Do I Tweak The Settings?

Post by az_bont »

montell wrote:
az_bont wrote:Try either the LBR or ULBR templates from kwag. THe amount of video you can get from the template depends a lot on the aspect ratio of the video and it's motion, but even on low-motion full-frame British comedies I managed to get more than two hours of VCD-quality video on a self-booting GypPlay disc (670MB), and that was before the ULBR template was introduced, which should allow for more. And if you want to fit a bit more or want a bit more quality, you can tweak the settings slightly to suit your needs.
az_bonz how do i tweak the kvcd template settings on TMPGEnc and how do i get a bit more quality?
'Settings->Rate Control mode->Setting' and then move the sliding bar.