how many rpgs came to the u.s for dc?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how many rpgs came to the u.s for dc?

Post by zero »

i wanna know how many RPGs came to the U.S for DC. and if you played the game please give it a mark from 1 to 10, i wanna know this cos i wanna get some more rpgs for my dc, cos i only have 3 or 4 atm.
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

Gradia 2 is super duper Id give it a 10/10
Skys of arcadia is suppose to be very good aswell but Ive never played it
PSO v1/v2 is also pretty cool but if u dont have internet it gets boring 9/10 (just get v2 it has more stuff than v1)
Evolution is alright 7/10
Evloution 2 is a lil better 8/10
Time Stalkers not many ppl like it but i did 9/10
EGG ive heard is alright never played it tho
shenmue is very hard and its not your tipical rpg but the gfx are amazing 8/10
silver i cant stand wish i never bought it but some like it 4/10

thats all i can think of there might be more
BxKreations Now much more than just Mugen.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Gradia 2
Skys of arcadia
Evolution
Time Stalkers
shenmue

out of them games they are the only ones i have, so that list that you gave are they the only rpgs that ever came out in the u.s or was there more?.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

You thought Shenmue was VERY HARD? Did I play the same game?
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

i rest my case
that's like what? NINE rpgs? the GAMEBOY had more rpgs than that!
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

a list of all the games released on DC in the US

BTW, I don't like RPG's in general but I did like Grandia 2 8-)
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

Lartrak wrote:You thought Shenmue was VERY HARD? Did I play the same game?
idk maybe i just didnt have a patience its all walking and looking for people i like rpg's where you accually beat people up...yea the fighting in shenmue is very easy but the whole setup i just found annoying (so hard isnt the best word)
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Is Gradia 2 VGA compattible ? Ive got my DC hooked up to my Monitor now and cant be arsed with all the jigging around when i want to play a non VGA game
BlackxKnight
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BlackxKnight »

JDUK wrote:Is Gradia 2 VGA compattible ? Ive got my DC hooked up to my Monitor now and cant be arsed with all the jigging around when i want to play a non VGA game
i just checked the case and it says VGA Box so yup
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

The PAL (European) version of Grandia 2 messes up with VGA, the voices go out of sync, nothing that makes it unplayable. The NTSC version works fine tho.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Cheers for the head up GMC im getting an NTSC copy then :)
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Just ordered my NTSC game mint nick, boxed with no manual :( but for ?13 inc delivery from the states i cant grumble :)
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

There is also Seventh Cross Evolution, but I wouldn't recommend it. It is kind of a mix between rpg/sim, but just not really fun from the get go (plus it is a monster on the vmu).

Also, one rpg missing on the list is:

Record of Lodoss War - based on the anime series, it is definitely one of those games that slipped under radar that many people missed out on and shouldn't have missed out on it. It kind of reminds me of the console version of Baldur's Gate.

I really don't consider Shenmue an rpg but rather more like an adventure game. However, if you consider Shenmue as an rpg, then you should at Omikron: The Nomad Soul as part of that list. Omikron is pretty much a poor man's Shenmue set in the future. The Official Dreamcast Magazine said it does a lot of things but none really good (some fps and some fighting). I thought I would put it to the test and try it out, and it was dead-on correct. It isn't really bad, but it isn't really good. However, it can be found for cheap.

If you are looking at all possible rpgs for Dreamcast, you should check this out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/list_rpg.html

Ofcourse, sometimes games get different names when released in different territories (for instance Skies of Arcadia vs. Eternal Arcadia), but it is a great place to go find out more of what is available to you for your dreamcast as well as some great faq guides.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

JDUK wrote:Just ordered my NTSC game mint nick, boxed with no manual :( but for ?13 inc delivery from the states i cant grumble :)
Does it come with the promo soundtrack CD? Damn cheap-asses dropping it from the PAL release.
Though for 97p, I'm not complaining about my PAL copy.. other than the dodgy audio synch when played in 60Hz VGA.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Not sure :( there was a jap version with a 2cd sound track(+1 game disk) but thats not much use to me being in a language i dont speek. the description says it comes with case, inlays and disk only not sure if that includes sound track. but i wanted it on buy now because im not going to be in enough over the nxt 2 days to snipe a good copy at the last min ;)
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Got My Gandia 2 a few days ago. This game is tops! better than FF7 and Windwaker imo, I really like the voice acting and the cancel/crititcal system adds some nice stratergy to combat and yes it did come with the soundtrack CD :). Thanks for the advice guys im well chuffed.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

A handful were released, but only 2 are worth playing, PSO and Grandia 2.
thynosferatu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by thynosferatu »

I thought Grandia 2 sucked hardcore. It's so boring, it's basically walk from point a to point b so you can watch more of the story with some battles put in. It's like watching a movie or reading a book with pictures. I hate console rpgs except Skies of Arcadia, it's pretty.
JDUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JDUK »

Console RPG's arn't really RPG's in the Roleplaying game sence you dont have the moral or social choices that say The Avatar(Ultima) or The Nameless One(Planescape) have. Link or Cloud or Ryudo dont have the moral choice to rob or murder or lie to any other character in the game they just follow the script. Console "RPG's" are more action/stratergey games with an indepth story.

For me both have thier merrits. I like the constant narrative of the Console RPG and the moral freedom of PC RPG's luckily XBOX is bringing PC RPG's to the console front with the likes of Morrowind, KotOR and Fable
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Isn't every game basically a role playing game, anyway? You're playing the role of someone or something, whether you're a maniacal taxi driver, or a fruity, blue hedgehog ;-)