Tony Hawk's Underground Screens

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Tony Hawk's Underground Screens

Post by Specially Cork »

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/sports ... index.html

I'm putting most attention on this screen!

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/sports ... tml?page=3

Face mapping will be cool, Im not sure which formats it will work with, but definitly PS2 with its webcam support.
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

and PC if they port it there
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

It looks so lame, I hate the whole GTA direction they've taken the game into...

But hell, I'll buy it on release date :D

(I'm a sucker for Tony Hawk games. I have almost every single game spanning PSX, N64, Dreamcast, GBA and Xbox) :O

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Sub Woofer wrote:It looks so lame, I hate the whole GTA direction they've taken the game into...

(I'm a sucker for Tony Hawk games. I have almost every single game spanning PSX, N64, Dreamcast, GBA and Xbox) :O
The GTA direction??
thps4 is easily the best in the series.

1) THPS4
2) THPS1
3) THPS2
4) THPS3

in my opinion, all the gameboy games follow after that, cos theyre all crap. Especially the GBC ones.
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

BoneyCork wrote:
Sub Woofer wrote:It looks so lame, I hate the whole GTA direction they've taken the game into...

The GTA direction??
thps4 is easily the best in the series.

1) THPS4
2) THPS1
3) THPS2
4) THPS3

in my opinion, all the gameboy games follow after that, cos theyre all crap. Especially the GBC ones.
Whoah! Blasphemy!!
The GBA Tony Hawk games.. (ESPECIALLY number 2) were awesome.

I wouldn't put 3 so low... I myself like the fourth the best too, but I liked three almost just as much. Four's replay value (and length/mission mode) wipe the floor with the others though. For old school entertainment though, nothing beats the first two.

As for the GTA direction, well here's the new (mostly hyped) features of THUG.

You can get of your skateboard and walk around.

You can climb building's and ledges ala Tomb Raider.

You can drive CARS O_o

You can ride Bikes...

Plus more that look equally as stupid. But hey, it's neversoft. Who cares if they're milking the series, because their milk is chock full of thick and creamy warm goodness ;)

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

The camera thing is nice in a gimmicky kind of way. I probably won't be using it though since I would be buying the game for Xbox or GC.

As for the new game style I think it will work. They had to evolve Tony Hawk's somehow and as long as the skating is still 80%+ of the game then they will have a winner on thier hands.

I'm not sure how the leveling up/stats system will work eg whether it will be similar to old THPS games or whether they will adopt a new one. I personally really liked the one used in Aggressive Inline. You gained experience points on the go for performing certain types of tricks. It meant that if you wanted a balanced skater then you would have to spend time learning & practicing everything. It's a great system.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

On teh screenie that's taking the picture at the bottom it says 'A=Back, X=Accept'

The PS2 dosen't have an A button. . .
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

perry2175 wrote:On teh screenie that's taking the picture at the bottom it says 'A=Back, X=Accept'

Its not an A.. its a triangle.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Xylene wrote:
perry2175 wrote:On teh screenie that's taking the picture at the bottom it says 'A=Back, X=Accept'

Its not an A.. its a triangle.
Oh fack.

Permission to feel retarded.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The GBA games of tony hawks did suck.

The isometric camera angle was good to an extent, but the amount of level that fit onto a screen was terrible, you cant see deep enough of the level to do stuff, especially in School on TPS2 which has quite a long stretch. you cant prepare for buildings and ramps, cos by the time you see them youre already on them.
Secondly, the music is so poor. hip hop, punk rock and midi dont mix at all. At least not with the GBA.

As for Tony Hawks 3, I felt some of the missions got a bit too technical and deep to be completed within the 2 minutes you get on the level. It became amazingly hard to figure stuff out. Luckily neversoft realised how their challanegs were getting liked this and fixed it for THPS4. Also, the levels are poor in thps3. Once I unlock canada, I usually stop. Worst. Tony Hawks Level. Ever. No offense to canadians.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

I liked the THPS GBA games, but they got boring for me. The one thing that I hated was the music. I'm sick of the MIDI crap, they need to throw in compressed versions of the songs in the console versions. I know they can do it, Agressive Inline did.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Wtf? Those graphics suck..

I clicked on the link and thought "What system is this? Oh, must be the PSP... Damn those graphics are good for a handheld."
It's thinking...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I can't see the in game graphics being that bad on the final.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

The graphics look horrible! Hopefully the gameplay doesn't follow suit. I like the Tony Hawk games but to me they're turning into the tomb raider games.

1. Good
2. Excellent
3. Horrible
4. Acceptable but still...

And this one...well...yeah, I miss the old THPS 1 direction of just going down hill. I wonder what the next gimmick will be for the thps series...and will they ever have official online support for the XBox >_<
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I think people need to accept the new direction. This is the pathetic thing we have with gaming. If its kept the same forumula everybody will complain hows it old unoriginal and boring and that they "should try something new". When they try something new everybody complains about how they prefer it with just plain old Tony Hawk and a few tapes to collect.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

BoneyCork wrote:I think people need to accept the new direction. This is the pathetic thing we have with gaming. If its kept the same forumula everybody will complain hows it old unoriginal and boring and that they "should try something new". When they try something new everybody complains about how they prefer it with just plain old Tony Hawk and a few tapes to collect.
I agree. I like my games to evolve just like the music of my favourite bands.

I'd still rather see more original games like Rez though. Unfortunately big publishers in the west are never willing to take a risk in trying anything new so we get the same generic crap time and time again.

Anyway, by the time this game comes out everyone will be sick of the GTA gaming model. There are so many games out/coming out which copy it eg Getaway, Simpsons Hit & Run, True Crime: Streets of LA, that new game from the original GTA1 developer and probably many more I don't know about.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Will the Xbox get a camera? I mean why not, there bringing out that karaoke thing with a mic and its got four USB ports :|
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I would assume it'd be pretty easy to mod a USB camera to work on the XB.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

perry2175 wrote:I would assume it'd be pretty easy to mod a USB camera to work on the XB.
Yeah but if theres no official camera then they're not going to put the camera function in the game.
It's thinking...
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Couldn't they just bundle the game with a generic Xbox->USB adaptor and just say that it works with most USB webcams?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!