whats the scariest DC game?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

whats the scariest DC game?

Post by T1z3R »

ok, i know that none of them are really scary but im looking for the best. i've just finished The Thing & Silent Hill 2 on xbox and want something on DC.
please give your recommendations. 8-)
The box. You opened it. We came.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmair, is probably the scariest game i've played for DC.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

DuffMan wrote:Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmair, is probably the scariest game i've played for DC.
Heh, I remember the original Alone in the Dark.....

"Oh no, there's something moving behind that window, and the last time I played, monsters kept flying through it over and over again! I know, I'll push this book case so that it covers the window." Oh, no! That trapdoor is shaking, and the last time I played zombies kept popping out of it over and over again! I know, I'll pull this huge chest until it covers the trapdoor."
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

any others?
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Half Life scares the shit outta me
Dust on the Dreamcast
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

eh halflife was more of just a creepy game, mainly the ending. I of course suggest Resident evil code veronica.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

and dont forget re 2 and 3 on dreamcast...
and maybe dino crisis
ImageImage
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Resident Evil: Code Veronica is pretty scary, especially when you've never played it before and without warning a zombie jumps out of a window or you see that FMV right at the start with the zombies digging themselves out of the ground.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Carrier was kind of scary at some points too.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yea I have it, but it kinda looses it effect when the his mouth is still moving after he is finished talking. havent finished it though.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

i've played RE2 & 3 on other systems, does the DC versions offer anything different?
haven't heard of carrier, whats that like?
anyone tried The Ring - Terrors Realm?

thanks for the replies :)
mozie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mozie »

what about D2 Thats one freaky game, it just gets inside ure head, and those tenticles! :o
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

i haven't tried that either, will have to see if i can find a copy somewhere :)
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

T1z3R wrote: haven't heard of carrier, whats that like?
Carrier is similar to Resident Evil in most respects. The things I liked about it were that unlike RE you don't spend ages going back to locations you have already visited, the puzzles were not overly obscure, you can blast off different zombie body parts and the control system is excellent. Things I didn't like! The vision problem which means that sometimes you are in complete darkness and don't have a clue where your character is going. You have a scope (very cool) thing to tell infected humans (ooooooh scary zombies) from safe humans which also has night vision but you can can only use it when you are standing still :| Also as Nico mentioned sometimes the mouth movements and speech are totally out of sync. Laughing at that and the piss poor voice acting can detract from the scary ambience a bit but the music is pretty good and atmospheric. The graphics are also quite bland but it doesn't really make that much of a difference, I mean not everything can look like RE:CV.

Anyway I got it for ?5 from GAME a while back and it was well worth the notes. On a scare level of 1-10 i'd give it a 5 but if you like survival horror titles then pick it up.
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

Its not for DC, but if you wanna play a scary game, pick up Fatal Frame for PS2. Its pretty good.. theres a few issues (like the running is kinda weird, sometimes you get stuck on things, and the voice acting isnt that great in cut scenes), but overall its a pretty damn good game. specially with a good sound theatre with dolby surround sound. Play it at night, and keep the volume up. The mood, music, sound effects, and art design are top rate
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

Garmo wrote:Its not for DC, but if you wanna play a scary game, pick up Fatal Frame for PS2. Its pretty good.. theres a few issues (like the running is kinda weird, sometimes you get stuck on things, and the voice acting isnt that great in cut scenes), but overall its a pretty damn good game. specially with a good sound theatre with dolby surround sound. Play it at night, and keep the volume up. The mood, music, sound effects, and art design are top rate
well i'll have to skip that since i don't have a PS2 (don't want one either but that's another thread).

so no one played The Ring? i got it for a couple of quid and have only played the first 10 mins of it and am not convinced it's any good. can anyone tell if it's worth sticking with?
Garmo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Garmo »

T1z3R wrote:well i'll have to skip that since i don't have a PS2 (don't want one either but that's another thread).

Congratulations. Because of your ignorance you're missing out on one great game. Maybe sopmeday, You, and others like you, will pull your head out of your ass and start enjoying games for the sake of enjoying games, rather than wrap yourself up in ridiculous Console Politics. You shouldnt dare to call yourself a Gamer, as you're CHOOSING to neglect games based on biased and negative opinions that have no rational backing. That CHOISE that youre making to disciminate is keeping you ignorant of the full potential video games have to offer. If you want to play horror games (or games of any genre, really) then you need to open yourself up to ALL games, regardless what opinions you think you believe.
T1z3R
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by T1z3R »

Garmo wrote:
T1z3R wrote:well i'll have to skip that since i don't have a PS2 (don't want one either but that's another thread).

Congratulations. Because of your ignorance you're missing out on one great game. Maybe sopmeday, You, and others like you, will pull your head out of your ass and start enjoying games for the sake of enjoying games, rather than wrap yourself up in ridiculous Console Politics. You shouldnt dare to call yourself a Gamer, as you're CHOOSING to neglect games based on biased and negative opinions that have no rational backing. That CHOISE that youre making to disciminate is keeping you ignorant of the full potential video games have to offer. If you want to play horror games (or games of any genre, really) then you need to open yourself up to ALL games, regardless what opinions you think you believe.
i decided to edit my original post in an attempt to avoid a flame war ambush.

i'd just like to thank you for your constructive input my rude friend and wish you happiness!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Just because he doesn't want a console, that makes him an ignorant fool? Maybe he's got enough consoles as it is. Maybe he's not a big games player. Maybe he just prefers other consoles.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Garmo wrote:

Or maybe he doesn't see why he should have to pay more than our American cousins to import a PS2 that might last longer than 8 months, have games that actually run at 60Hz and without big crappy black borders.

Anyway the Xbox version has better graphics and sound (with 5.1) and added extras :wink:

Back on topic though illbleed is quite spooky. It's not that great a game though due to the awful control system.