DivX-DC is out.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ultradude »

would one of you plz do me a favor and make a CUE/BIN of DC DIVX Alpha 3 ? Thank You ! dont ask why, im gonna die trying to explain it!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

ultradude wrote: would one of you plz do me a favor and make a CUE/BIN of DC DIVX Alpha 3 ? Thank You ! dont ask why, im gonna die trying to explain it!
I can make an image like that for you... when I get back home.. Sunday around 6pm central time. Cool?

-Zac
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

nowiamit wrote: Video Stream
320x240, 25000fps
DivX ;-) MPEG 4 Fastmotion
Key frames 45

Audio Stream
44100 Hz
Compression Fraunhofer IIs MPEG Layer-3 Codec

This one didn?t work with DcDivX ( I just get a green screen and the sound is working
Your cilp is Divx3 . Not all divx3 files work with DCDivx. Encode it into divx4.x with Vdub and it should work.

-Zac
Cowpie
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Why?

Post by Cowpie »

Why do you need a bin and cue file ;)
-Cowpie-
Whosa Jigga What?
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ultradude »

no thx, i just split my last blank cd in half and threw it into the trash. OF ALL CD"S, this one had to be a coaster! damn! i needed this badly for DC DIVX.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

ultradude wrote: no thx, i just split my last blank cd in half and threw it into the trash. OF ALL CD"S, this one had to be a coaster! damn! i needed this badly for DC DIVX.
Are you talking (typing) to me??
nowiamit
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Problem

Post by nowiamit »

That?s the problem - I?ve about 250 Simpsons Episodes (all from S1-S11) this is too much work :(
Gimpware
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Cowboy Bebop

Post by Gimpware »

I just encoded the whole series of Cowboy Bebop. I'm not a stickler for quality imaging so I did it at a low quality. I was hoping that I would be able to fit all 26 episodes on one cd, but it wound up that I could only fit 23 of them. :( Thats ok, I guess 23 is way better to the 6 I was able to fit on one cd before I converted them.
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ultradude »

[quote="ZacMc"]
[quote="ultradude"]
no thx, i just split my last blank cd in half and threw it into the trash. OF ALL CD"S, this one had to be a coaster! damn! i needed this badly for DC DIVX.
[/quote]Are you talking (typing) to me??
[/quote]

Who else man? Yes! you.
trikster2001
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

newbie alert...

Post by trikster2001 »

ok, just to make sure, because i AM a newbie, will DCDivx play my 650mb divx movie?
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Probably not. My suggestion would be to split the avi file (segmented option in virtual dug). It'll keep the movie, but split it up into about 20 min. each.
Philbert
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Menu & MP3s?

Post by Philbert »

I finally got this working okay, but a few options seem to be missing. Supposedly there's MP3 support, but I but a few on my disc and they don't show up in the list of files. Also it says there's support for pause, forward back, etc. But I don't see this anywhere. I tried pushing every button on the DC controller. I thought I read someone mentioning a menu. Am I just crazy?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Linus posted some info about the progress of Dc-DivX in the Project Mayo forums.. If you are interested check it out here.
Gimpware
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Menu & MP3s?

Post by Gimpware »

[quote="Philbert"]
I finally got this working okay, but a few options seem to be missing. Supposedly there's MP3 support, but I but a few on my disc and they don't show up in the list of files. Also it says there's support for pause, forward back, etc. But I don't see this anywhere. I tried pushing every button on the DC controller. I thought I read someone mentioning a menu. Am I just crazy?
[/quote]

They messed up when they made the DC DivX page here on dcemulation and the DivX player does not have forward and back. It has pause tho, that is the B button. Also, I listen to mp3's on my DC all the time with this player...I have no idea what your problem is. What exactly do you see when you put in an mp3 cd?
Philbert
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Menu & MP3s?

Post by Philbert »

Gimpware wrote:
Philbert wrote: I finally got this working okay, but a few options seem to be missing. Supposedly there's MP3 support, but I but a few on my disc and they don't show up in the list of files. Also it says there's support for pause, forward back, etc. But I don't see this anywhere. I tried pushing every button on the DC controller. I thought I read someone mentioning a menu. Am I just crazy?
They messed up when they made the DC DivX page here on dcemulation and the DivX player does not have forward and back. It has pause tho, that is the B button. Also, I listen to mp3's on my DC all the time with this player...I have no idea what your problem is. What exactly do you see when you put in an mp3 cd?
I'll have to look for the version that does have these options, they would be quite useful. Maybe when you burn an MP3 cd you have to do it differently? I had a CD with DivX movies and threw a couple MP3s on there too. When I put it in the DC all I saw listed was the movies.