Yahoo! SBC internet service!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yahoo! SBC internet service!

Post by compacho »

I looked over at yahoo.com and i saw that they have their very own dial up service. It is also priced at 16 bucks. Does anyone have this service and is it pretty good as in lower disconnections?

Please, I don't want no dumbass comments such as "Just get AOL, everyone has it" or "Get a DSL connection!" Just answer the question if u can.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ewwww.. yahoo!

Get a cable connection!
It's thinking...
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I thought SBC was broadband...
gg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gg »

isnt juno and peoplepc like $10 per month. i'd look into those before you look into SBC. Wasn't warmachine's uncle offering cheap dialup too?
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

highstream.net is great. i have been using it with rock solid connections for a while now. sbc yahoo is too expensive, but I admit that I have never used it. Juno platinum forces you to view a bar at the bottom of the screen, and while this ar doesn't display ads, you do get the occasional popup, and you are not allowed to hide it. I.E. you cannot play online games that require full use of the screen. Juno will disco every time an application puts it in the background. It's complete bullsheet.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I have their DSL service and, aside from being able to check your email anywhere, it sucks. Seriously. It sucks dog balls. I can't stress that enough. Last time I checked, my downstream speed was a hefty 150kbps. I can't wait for Comcast to get their act together and offer cable here. :evil:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Roofus wrote:I have their DSL service and, aside from being able to check your email anywhere, it sucks. Seriously. It sucks dog balls. I can't stress that enough. Last time I checked, my downstream speed was a hefty 150kbps. I can't wait for Comcast to get their act together and offer cable here. :evil:
150kilobites? or kilobytes?

If its 150kilobytespersecond, that isn't bad.

With Comcast in my area I get 1.5mbps** down/256kbps* up

** = megabits
* = kilobits
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

Check out http://myfreei.com/ I used them before i got broadband and still use them as my backup ive never had a dropped connection or busy signal. There's no special dialers or anything so it will work with DC, Ps2, or gamecube too .
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Xylene wrote:
Roofus wrote:I have their DSL service and, aside from being able to check your email anywhere, it sucks. Seriously. It sucks dog balls. I can't stress that enough. Last time I checked, my downstream speed was a hefty 150kbps. I can't wait for Comcast to get their act together and offer cable here. :evil:
150kilobites? or kilobytes?

If its 150kilobytespersecond, that isn't bad.

With Comcast in my area I get 1.5mbps** down/256kbps* up

** = megabits
* = kilobits
Kilobits. I wouldn't be complaining about 150 Kilobytes per second. :wink:
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

chrisfbt1 wrote:Check out http://myfreei.com/ I used them before i got broadband and still use them as my backup ive never had a dropped connection or busy signal. There's no special dialers or anything so it will work with DC, Ps2, or gamecube too .
Darn, I tried to setup an account there but you need a credit card. :cry: