father's day - xbox game?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

father's day - xbox game?

Post by ajay() »

Being a lucky old bloke, it's soon father's day here in the uk (dunno about the rest of the world) and I could have a new xbox game (or 2 "classics" I guess), but what? Can't make me mind up.
Anyway, to help you suggest possibilities, I'll let you know what I've already got:
Turok: Evolution
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Halo
The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
Rallisport Challenge
The Thing
RTCW: Tides of War
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
Unreal Championship
Wreckless

So, tips please :)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I bought my dad a Dreamcast for Father's Day one year. It was just a batch of good timing that I decided to get one for him. I was in Best Buy thinking to myself, "What would be good to get him? Well, he always complains that I never leave a console around for him to play. Like he'd use it anyway, since I don't have any racing games, and that's all he'd play..." Just then, I seen an endcap with a sign that said: Buy A Dreamcast and Get Sega GT FREE! At first I was freaked out, but then I realized it was some higher power helping me out. :)

...what was the question?
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Rallisport and PD Orta
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Here are some games that I own which I recommend.

Full Price games:-

Splinter Cell - Very Linear, overrated and with too much "trial and error" gameplay but extremely beautiful and a lot of fun to play while it lasts.

Jet Set Radio Future - Not as good as the DC prequel because it's a little too easy but excellent audio and visuals and one of my favourite Xbox games.

Timesplitters 2 - Halo has a far better single player game due to TS2 lacking any kind of coherent plot or story. If you have four controllers and four friends then it really doesn't get any better than this. Fantastic

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sneak-em-up. Not as good as Splinter Cell but really detailed. There is some slowdown though which is annoying. It has the extra levels from the PS2 game but if you already own it then don't bother.

Gunvalkyrie - Hard as nails shooter from Sega. If you like games that make you want to rip out your hair then this is for you. The controls do take a while to get used to, or at least they did for me.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 - So much better than the previous games. huge sprawling levels with no time limits. Lots of different tasks to do and will keep you busy for hours. It gets a little hard at the end but not impossible. Also lots of fun in multiplayer.

Burnout 2 - Fast Racing. So very Fast. In fact this is the most fun racing game I have played for years. If you like super speed, huge crashes and arcade goodness then you should get this.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance - Slash-em-up Action RPG. Not like Baldurs Gate on the PC because it takes away all the stats and leaves you with more of a Record of Lodoss War style experience.

Rayman 3: Probably the best platform game on the Xbox. Blinx is decent but the camera is more annoying than Ruby Wax. The sound is superb and it is also one of the prettiest games I've ever seen. If you liked Rayman 2, then you will like this just as much.

Classic Games:-

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Surprisingly Excellent game. Loads of moves and combos and 100% authentic to the TV show. The voice acting is great and It was well worth the money.

Project Gotham Racing - The best (semi) serious racer on the Xbox. The handling and controls are superb as are the visuals. If you like MSR on the Dreamcast then this is 100 times better. Unlocking everything takes forever and it's a blast in multiplayer.

Amped - Snowboarding game but not as much pap as you might think. The controls are good although some of the tricks I just can't do (because I suck)Excellent visuals and the career mode is addictive. There are loads of runs too.

I tried to get a few genres in there so there has to be something you would enjoy.
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

cheers CoasterKing.
I forgot I do actually have Buffy as well already, it is quite enjoyable, a little easy though.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

The Kron wrote:Rallisport and PD Orta
They're the games he has ;)
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

I've thought about Burnout, my only worry was that it'd be a short and sweet, does it have much longevity?
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

area wrote:
The Kron wrote:Rallisport and PD Orta
They're the games he has ;)
Please excuse me...Im clearly thick...or can't read :lol:

I'd third the suggestion for Burnout 2, tis a very good game.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Its EA I hate HH.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:
The Kron wrote:Its EA I hate HH.
I know... but come on, name one other good Acclaim game on PS2/XBox/GC off the top of your head

I can't :|
Turok: Evolution?

Just Kidding :lol:

Actually, my dad really enjoyed it, and has beaten the game quite a few times...
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

What about Blinx? anybody rate it?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Ahh Blinx...that game gets too damn hard at around world 5. I like it, but its one of them games where you either like it, or hate it...
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

ajay() wrote:What about Blinx? anybody rate it?
I'm extremely disapointed to say that Vexx is better than Blinx - and Vexx is no 'must buy' game by any means. :|
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

CoasterKing wrote: Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sneak-em-up. Not as good as Splinter Cell but really detailed. There is some slowdown though which is annoying. It has the extra levels from the PS2 game but if you already own it then don't bother.
I like MGS2 more than SC. Sure it's not as stealthy, but I had a whole lot more fun with it.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Get yourself a modchip so you can fully explore the possibilities of Xbox.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I bought my Dad a new dildo for him to use on me.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I bought my Dad a new dildo for him to use on me.

:lol: Wait....I mean :|