Mac tutorial confusion

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
indokid
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mac tutorial confusion

Post by indokid »

Flaws in the Mac burning tutorial, regarding DreamSnes anyhow. It goes like this:

("After this process you'll have 2 new files an Audio file and a data file")

CDI Rip = 3 files: Audio, Data, Analysis file

("Now when it is done you should notice 2 new files, they are...bootfile.bin, fixed.iso and header.iso")

ISO fix the Config file from Mac Pack = 3 new files then!: bootfile.bin, fixed.iso and header.iso.

Now the main confusion lies here I think:

It says to burn the fixed.iso first, then the header.iso. But what about the Aduio track tat we created at the beginning of the process, after running the CDI Rip program? Should we have burnt THIS first, then the fixed.iso, then the header.iso - or is the Audio file not used at all.

Its a small thing I know, but if the tutorial was written just a touch clearer it could save a few coasters. We all might as well help to get this thing as simple to understand as possible right?

By the way - I don't know the answer to this rogue Audio file problem!

:?
LoveDC-newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by LoveDC-newbie »

I dont think the audio file matters. I burned Fr-NES without the audio file the way the manual said and I works just fine and I have sound.
monigrip
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by monigrip »

Yeh.. just dump the audio.. Burn yer Fixed ISO 1st as a disk image session, and then the header as CD-ROM XA (Write Disk). & things should be o.k.
indokid
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by indokid »

Cheers for the info guys! :lol:
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by doofnuck »

Posted: 07 Feb 2002 07:37????Post subject: Mac tutorial confusion
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flaws in the Mac burning tutorial, regarding DreamSnes anyhow. It goes like this:

("After this process you'll have 2 new files an Audio file and a data file")

CDI Rip = 3 files: Audio, Data, Analysis file

("Now when it is done you should notice 2 new files, they are...bootfile.bin, fixed.iso and header.iso")

ISO fix the Config file from Mac Pack = 3 new files then!: bootfile.bin, fixed.iso and header.iso

Uhhh I said there were three files (no mistake there)