THE MORROWIND THREAD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

MDPBlackout wrote:I just bought this game used for $12 It didn't come with a manual. I emailed bethesda software and they said a replacement manual was $10 Does anyone know where I can download a manual?
Don't buy a replacement manual. Buy the strategy guide for $15... I needa get one, I hear it's a lifesaver.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

the more and more i read about this game the more better it sounds, i have to try and pick up this game this weak no matter what :mrgreen: .
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I made a character that is an imperial crusader. This guy is awesome. He is good in heavy armor and with long swords, and can use destructive magic :D. This guy kicks ass!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

How is heavy armor better? I bought the chitten cause its light, has the highest AC, and was cheapest. The heavier the armor the less AC is seems to have (which makes absolutely no sense at all).

Am I missing something, I mean what reason is there to buy heavy armor I see no advantages at all.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I like heavy armor normally, but I decided to get medium armor for this character since he is good with it too. The heavy armor you find in caves and stuff is usually really good, but the ones early in the game suck.

It really depends on what kind of character you have by what kind of weapon or armor you use. Putting heavy armor on a mage makes no sense at all, sense you want them to be able to move around quickly. Same with putting light armor on someone that is going to hack at the monster, because that monster is going to tear up that light armor.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I made a Redguard.. The best of the best in Armed combat... Starts off with a Long Blade +15 skill... Now I just dont know whether to stick with my level 3 High Elf, with all the cool stuff i got for it, or this redguard...

Btw, I changed the thread name :P
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Im pretty sure I'll stick with the High Elf. It takes too much time to level Combat classes....
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

My favorite armor is the glass armor. I have a decked out Khajif (spelling?) in glass armor.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

The biggest turnoff I've found about game, and it had nothing really to do with the game itself, was when I went to the Gamefaqs board looking for insight.

It would seemed to me that a lot of people there (no names) were using the Dunmer race as a parallel to black people. They even went so far as to simply replace a racist expletive with the word Dunmer. I understand that in Morrowind at least, the Dunmer are in fact outcast of society, but these idiots were pretty obvious about what they really meant. It wasnt a matter of "how you interpret it".
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Veggita2099 wrote:How is heavy armor better? I bought the chitten cause its light, has the highest AC, and was cheapest. The heavier the armor the less AC is seems to have (which makes absolutely no sense at all).

Am I missing something, I mean what reason is there to buy heavy armor I see no advantages at all.
For your character, light armour provides better protection (a higher AC) because you have a skill in it. You will get 100% of the light armour AC and maybe only 25% (or less, I dunno) of the heavy.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Narcissus wrote:My favorite armor is the glass armor. I have a decked out Khajif (spelling?) in glass armor.

It's Khajiit... I had one, It sucked.. :P (It specializes in acrobatics, when the hell will that come in handy :?: )
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been wearing some heavy armor just to get my skill up in it. Being a redguard it should help.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I've stuck with my Redguard and played with him all day... He's level 2.. Im now doing missions for Cauis Casades (I got the Dewmer Puzzle Box from Arkinthad). F the High Elf, Combat class all the way.

Im also using all Heavy armor now... Wish I had a capture card to show you how badass my Redguard looks...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I've just bought Morrowind for the PC.
Last edited by Calavera on Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I've stuck with my Redguard and played with him all day... He's level 2.. Im now doing missions for Cauis Casades (I got the Dewmer Puzzle Box from Arkinthad). F the High Elf, Combat class all the way.

Im also using all Heavy armor now... Wish I had a capture card to show you how badass my Redguard looks...
I was just about to suggest printscreen then I realised :oops:
So you've gone from finding combat classes too slow to level to ditching the elf for one... hmm :P
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well I tried to do that quest again and even when I taunt that women in south corner she won't attack me. I even got out of the theives guild and tried it. When I get a successful taunt she says "Perhaps I will end yours now" But she won't attack. And of course try as I might if I attack her about 4 people come and kill me before I can even blink. I even tried summoning a skeliton AND a ghost to hold them off, but they still kill me. Only thing I can think of is just leave and come back when Im about 5 levels higher and have higher attack/armor skills. Im only level 3 right now, 2 points from level 4. Still don't quite understand the leveling system. I have gotten a ton of skill increases and the exp has been at 8 for a long time.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

It's quite simple Veggy. You need to up your skill points in a couple of your major skills a few times to level. The amount of skills you need to raise, and the amount of points you need to raise for each one, increase as your Overall level increases.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Ahh I see, my MAJOR skill levels. So spending a lot of time on those minor ones isn't going to help me level huh?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

So spending a lot of time on those minor ones isn't going to help me level huh?
Sorta, they will help you overall tho, thanks to me leveling my the acrobatics skill I can jump off cliffs and land without losing all my HP, helps me get around faster ;)
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Narcissus wrote:My favorite armor is the glass armor. I have a decked out Khajif (spelling?) in glass armor.

It's Khajiit... I had one, It sucked.. :P (It specializes in acrobatics, when the hell will that come in handy :?: )
I was a thief... acrobatics help you jump high, and long, which means you can travel way faster because you move faster when you jump, and jump on top of buildings and stuff from ground level (which definitely helps when you have a town full of guards chasing you ;-)). Plus my speed is way up, my character is level 60 something all of my stats are maxed except luck, and I made a couple rings that take my luck up to 200, so basically it's maxed too. This game had me playing every day for 3 months, and I still play occasionally.

The game actually gets way better as you level... once you get to like level 15-20 it's all great from there... :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...