Hmmm damnit, new CD drive, help please

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Sombie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hmmm damnit, new CD drive, help please

Post by Sombie »

Ok, so I have been working with my DC since I got it (like 4 years ago) I ahve since owned 3 dreamcast (two broke) all my uh homebrew games have worked fine. Now I got a new CD burner Khypermedia 48X 24X 48X

it burns CDs fine, but nothing will run on my dreamcast.

I am burning in nero, disc at once format, all the modes and stuff are set up right. As far as I can remember i am not doing anything diffrent.

oh and its not the Dreamcast, its one that will play burnt games.

can anyone help?
Tangent
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tangent »

Have you tried burning at lower speeds?

EDIT:
What kind of media are you using? CD-R or CD-RW? I remember CD-RW having trouble.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Sombie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Sombie »

Ive tried burning at 40X and 4x (4x being my old speed) i am using CD-R
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I can think of 2 things that could be the problem.

1) Your new burner might not be able to burn Nero dao images. Try converting a discjuggler image with cdi2tao. I'm not sure where to get it by itself, but it is in the "tools" folder of selfboot inducer. Then, when you burn in nero, set it to "track-at-once" instead of "disc-at-once".

2) Some burners just won't make selfbooting Dreamcast discs. I don't know if yours is one of them, but it's possible.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Try downloading a DJ image and burning it, you can get a trial copy that will burn at 1x, or you can register it for full speed. Im guessing its your drive, I dont know too much about those Kypermedia drives though, thats y i got a Verbatim 52x24x52 for $20, and its a rebadged liteon. So i got a really good deal on it.
Silence is Golden
Sombie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Sombie »

My computer has never liked disc juggler. It just never worked.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Sombie wrote:My computer has never liked disc juggler. It just never worked.
Give alcohol 120% a try; its DJ compatible and imo one of the best burning apps out there - the trial version also has no limits on burning speed.
Sombie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Sombie »

I figured out the problem, well not really, I burn the image to a CD and then move it to my other computer and there I burn it to a disk to play.