nrg/cdi image burned but dosent work

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nrg/cdi image burned but dosent work

Post by Striker »

hello i have a problem when im burning nrg or cdi images i dont know what im doing wrong i just doubleclick on the nrg/cdi image and then start the burning at 8x speed and the burning is complete and no errors and i take the cd to my dreamcast and start it and it just goes to the music thing and shows 2 tracks

i have tried
dcplaya 1.0 Jess Lysen Edition (nrg)
DcHakker (nrg)
Dreamcast Web Browser Version 2.6 (cdi)
Dreamcast Web Browser Version 2.6 (nrg)
all non working

and then i tried this its not selfboting but it works
Dreamcast Web Browser Version 2.0 bin/cue from megagames
i have a working selfboting DC DivX 4 player that i burned a very long time ago so i cant remember what format is whas but i think it was nrg.
i just cant understand whats wrong. plz help me :cry:

im from sweden so sry for my bad english :roll:

--
edit
i just tried Selfboot Inducer and it worked. but not all thins is avalible in sbi and im not that good to make some myself. is there a tutorial on how to make sbis ? i almost dont know anything so it has to be relly easy

and is there a tutorial that explains what scrambled/unscrambled is and how to know if a file is scrambled/unscrambled. sry but im a stupid ***** n00b and cant really learn whitout asking :o
Last edited by Striker on Tue May 20, 2003 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

do you have NERO or DISCJUGGLER?

NERO is used to burn the .nrg files
DISCJUGGLER is used to burn the .cdi files (you can also use ALCOHOL 120% for .cdi files)
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

i have used nero for the nrg images and Alcohol 120% for the cdi images
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

when i use alcohol, i use these settings in image burning wizard:

do you use those settings to burn?
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

hmm dont really know i dont thing its the same i wll try your settings thx

i just tried Selfboot Inducer and it worked. but not all thins is avalible in sbi and im not that good to make some myself. is there a tutorial on how to make sbis ? i almost dont know anything so it has to be relly easy :oops:
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

Jigoku
i tried your settings snd i dont know if this was a 1 time thing but at 100% i dident stop just went on until the cd was full and said there was an error...bla...bla..bla? :D

so why dosent the nrg images work ? i really cant mess up there just open the nrg and burn what am i doing wrong ?

plzz someone
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I've got some problems burning cdi images (discjuggler gives me problems with my burner) and nero images (can only burn tao images). Here's what sometimes works for me... download a cdi image. In the Selfboot Inducer download is a program called "cdi2tao". (c:\sbinducr\tools\cdi2tao.exe if you've got Selfboot Inducer 2.1 installed in the default directory.). Run that program and feed it your cdi image. It will make a track-at-once nero image. It will usually work. I tried it on the DJ image of the DC Movie Player test 2 and it didn't like that file, but other cdi images convert fine. Try that and see if it helps.
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

ok will try that
but the Selfboot Inducer works fine and when i use it i follow Burning SBIs Tutorial written By BurnerO and thats in dao i think.

i have the same burner as Jigoku that is if the pic he posted is his so that should work on mine to?

and what can i do with nrg image that i cant burn like dcplaya that i got form
http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/dcplaya.htm
?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Go to http://www.dcemulation.org/neededtools.htm and grab yourself CDMage. See if the image file will open with that program. If it does, then use it to extract all of the files from the image. (1st_read.bin, everything.) Then use selfboot.exe (also on the needed tools page) to selfboot the plain files. (they should be first placed in a folder like c:\selfboot\dcplaya or something. Selfboot that folder, whatever you name it.)
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

OneThirty8 already tried that and it dident work but i can try again.

i know this is stupid to ask but i will ask anyway
just want to know what is 1st_read.bin? and hat is IP.bin ?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The 1st_read.bin is the main file of the emulator itself, and sometimes the only one. The IP.BIN contains the selfboot information, and also holds that little logo that displays under the SEGA logo when you start up, if there is one.

It could be that your writer is incapable of burning Dreamcast images properly. If so, the best you could do is get a friend to burn the Utopia Boot Disc for you and then just burn all future things as regular data.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

and is there a tutorial that explains what scrambled/unscrambled is and how to know if a file is scrambled/unscrambled. sry but im a stupid ***** n00b and cant really learn whitout asking
a scrambled bianry homebrew only, and will only work on a selfbooting disc. althought demomenu / dchakker will load up scrambled binarys, only if you press 'y' which set th program to load scrambled bins.

an unscrambled binary homebrew only, will only work on non selfboot images and will load up in dreaminducer (default loading), demomenu (default loading), and dchakker(default loading). you can also load up the unscramble binaries through the dc-pc serial cord, if you got one.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

althought demomenu / dchakker will load up scrambled binarys, only if you press 'y' which set th program to load scrambled bins.

Actually scrambled is the default for DemoMenu and DC Hakker.. You have to press Y to switch to unscrambled mode.
Striker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Striker »

ok thx all, just some things thats strage i can burn som nrg/que files and they work, like the utopia boot disk works fine and when i use Selfboot Inducer it works all the time dont know why it always work with it :P
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Actually scrambled is the default for DemoMenu and DC Hakker.. You have to press Y to switch to unscrambled mode.
oh whoops, my bad. its been some tmie since i've use those apps, thanks for the heads up.