Matrix: Reloaded impressions - *!*Warning*!* SPOILERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zero »

yep, ye guys sre right it was neo, i was getting mixed up and so was the other guy that said it wasn't neo :P, well what i think is going on is this, when neo picked the other door he never left the matrix, cos Architect was just making him think he did so he wouldn't be able to stand in the way of the last city being destoryed :mrgreen: .
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Glaxy when Zaphod has to climb out the window inseat of going out the door
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

wow i never expected the thread to get this long! :o
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

well what where you expecting for the best film ever :mrgreen: .
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

zero wrote:well what where you expecting for the best film ever :mrgreen: .
It's not the best film ever, but it is one of the best that I've seen in a while.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ender wrote:Like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Glaxy when Zaphod has to climb out the window inseat of going out the door

That was The Restaurant at the End of the Universe but whatever :P
It's thinking...
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

liltimmyw wrote:
zero wrote:well what where you expecting for the best film ever :mrgreen: .
It's not the best film ever, but it is one of the best that I've seen in a while.
yea definitely not the best movie but a damn good action flick...that tries to be philosophical...it had some deep moments in it though
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Good for an action flick doesn't really say much.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Excellent film.

SPOILERS!

My thoughts on the fact that he could control the octopi outside of the matrix is not becaues of a "matrix inside of a matrix" but rather that Neo has broken out of the cause and effect relationship, which is why he was able to pick the door that led to Zion's destruction. This is fueled by emotion, his love for trinity, which is the X factor between him and the other "ones."

I forgot to mention that he also now has the power of choice.. which separate him from the other "ones"
Last edited by 404NotFound on Sat May 24, 2003 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Oh man! I just thought of another good ending!

Michael Moore bursts through the screen and tells us we are living in a fictitious time, with a fictitious president, in a fictitious matrx :lol:
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

404NotFound wrote:Oh man! I just thought of another good ending!

Michael Moore bursts through the screen and tells us we are living in a fictitious time, with a fictitious president, in a fictitious matrx :lol:
that man is fat...anyways...

SPOILERS

I totally agree with the fact that it isnt a matrix within a matrix but a matter of Neo being able make his own choices now...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I thought it was choices at first, too... but now I think it's more a cause and effect breech.. because isn't that choice?
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

404NotFound wrote:I thought it was choices at first, too... but now I think it's more a cause and effect breech.. because isn't that choice?
what do you mean? like something might have a cause...but Neo can affect the outcome or effect?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Jabba2442 wrote:
404NotFound wrote:I thought it was choices at first, too... but now I think it's more a cause and effect breech.. because isn't that choice?
what do you mean? like something might have a cause...but Neo can affect the outcome or effect?
If it was pure choice then it wouldn't explain how he could stop bots... If it was part of Agent smith in him than he could have done that the entire time... (though the opprountity may have not arisen.) so the only possibility is to extend the idea of free choice ot to cause and effect... He is able to overcome the formulated cause and effect by the machines and create a new effect from an unknown cause in the real world..

Ok, it's a stretch..
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

404NotFound wrote:
Jabba2442 wrote:
If it was pure choice then it wouldn't explain how he could stop bots... If it was part of Agent smith in him than he could have done that the entire time... (though the opprountity may have not arisen.) so the only possibility is to extend the idea of free choice ot to cause and effect... He is able to overcome the formulated cause and effect by the machines and create a new effect from an unknown cause in the real world..

Ok, it's a stretch..
I bet you none of the theories on this thread, not mine or 404's nor anyone elses will be remotely related to what is planned for revolutions...
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

put isnt neo a proggy himself like to balance the glitches and stuff? blah i donno the matrix is to freakin complicated
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

My bet is that because "The Matrix" was designed to mimic EXACTLY the so called real world, Neo constitutes the Matrix's equal of God, and Agent Smith of course would be the Devil. Or something to that effect. :dontknow:
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

When the Architect talks about the Matrix itself he mentions that the Matrix was once perfect and then it became more imperfect because of humans. I think he also mensioned that in all matrix's there had to be a one because there was others and the One is integrated into the matrix itself as the perfect being. So this *possibly* proves that he is a program and if he is then outside the matrix he should be able to control the robot's just like agent smith should be able to.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nyarlathotep wrote:My take: When Neo went through the door, he didn't leave the Matrix, hes still in there, thats why he said something was different right before he took out the squiddies near the end.
Also I suspect the Architect was lying to him 'as another method of control'
zero wrote:well what i think is going on is this, when neo picked the other door he never left the matrix, cos Architect was just making him think he did so he wouldn't be able to stand in the way of the last city being destoryed
woah.... deja vu.... the agents have changed something!

:lol:

I think the title of the next film gives some hint as to what theyre planning - as a 'revolution' can either be an overthrow of authority (breaking the matrix) OR a cycle coming full circle and beginning again....
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Am I the only one to think the squidies are programmed to not kill the one?, if they did then surely the plans for rebooting the matrix would be screwed since he's needed for them. That is of course if the quite likely emp from the ship that picks them up didnt get them, if that didnt do it then the programming would stop them.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers