Doom X, doomed :D

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
WHurricane16
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Doom X, doomed :D

Post by WHurricane16 »

ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

It was Hyper G, "the respected" who leaked this(He also has a copy of *cough* *cough* Beta Ble....*cough*cast.) Prolly gonna get banned for saying that
Last edited by ssj4goku128 on Thu May 22, 2003 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's the news for the lazy peeps:

"Thanks to HyperG, DoomX development has been suspended until further notice. You can thank him for leaking out a release which boasted 4 player network support and other fixes, of which i know of 2 other people who have this release.

All emails to me about this subject will be deleted instantly so dont bother hassling me about it.
"

http://www.lantus-x.com/ClassicX/
ssj4goku128 wrote:It was Hyper G, "the respected" who leaked this(as well as *cough* *cough* Ble....*cough*cast. Prolly gonna get banned for saying that
Why would you get banned for saying that? I banned him in September 2001 & kept him banned until midway through last year (Sin-Tex unbanned him), so I wouldn't say he's the most loved person here. He did seem to be behaving himself up until this incident though.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

wow thanks a lot hyper G you ruined this for us all now :twisted: .

btw what is doom x?.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Xbox port of Doom, perhaps?
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

Wow that sucks, Just Curious how was he able to become a beta tester if he already is know as the one who leaked the bleam beta :?:
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

I agree that it was exceedingly lame to leak a private beta, and I'm not defending him at all, but 2 points:
1. I agree with Dan Potter in the thread over at Consolevision (check the link above I'm not pasting it here
and
2. Why the hell do some ppl pull projects, permanently or temporarily 'cos someone does that? Remove that persons acces to betas fine, but scrap it? That's just ridiculous. Unless of course it's a rouse to stop ppl hassling them for further updates etc., and really their work is carrying on as normal ;)
I just don't get that attitude, it's dummy spitting childness. Having said that HyperG is a complete tosser, always has been!
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

hmm...does doomx have opengl accleration add on and mods?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

zero wrote:wow thanks a lot hyper G you ruined this for us all now :twisted: .

btw what is doom x?.
Its not HyperG's fault that the developer is being a baby and quit cause 1 asshole leaked it. I swear I get so sick of this sh*t. Yea I know Im not a developer, blah blah blah. It just shows how immature a person is when they quit doing something cause 1 idiot leaks something of theres. Glad ID isn't like that otherwise Doom3 would not be released. Oh well if they feel this way screw them, I can live without it.

If people are so paranoid about there stuff being leaked why don't they keep better track of it?
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

well yes it is his fault if the developer is being a baby, cos if he didn't leak it along with other stuff that he leaked then the developer wouldn't be acting like a child, btw i hate the way people cry when there stuff get leaked too, i mean big woop so it got released before it was meant to, its not like its the end of the world or anything.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

This whole "event" strikes me as a bit odd -- considering that the source for DOOM is GPL, and this is essentially a PORT, however...
Veggita2099 wrote:If people are so paranoid about there stuff being leaked why don't they keep better track of it?
Like what? Legal NDAs? Individual betas locked to specific machines?

Some people suck, such is life -- You do your best to try to align yourself with those who are "least-likely" to suck, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

In any event, laying blame with someone for not being more paranoid and more untrusting is a bit misplaced.

It's taken a while, but one of the best lessons I've gained from bleem etc. is the fact that sometimes people just don't understand what it takes to create something -- and the fact that they "leak", spread, pirate, copy or steal software isn't that they believe it to be lacking in value, but rather that they aren't yet capable of seeing it any other way.

OTOH, I've also seen that as time passes, perception changes... mine included.

If this person decides not to pursue development further, it'd be a shame all around -- More disappointing, however, is that very (VERY VERY) few people will realize just how much of a loss that will really be to all of us.

Rand.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Rand Linden wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:If people are so paranoid about there stuff being leaked why don't they keep better track of it?
Like what? Legal NDAs? Individual betas locked to specific machines?
ouch...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Veggita2099 wrote:
zero wrote:wow thanks a lot hyper G you ruined this for us all now :twisted: .

btw what is doom x?.
Its not HyperG's fault that the developer is being a baby and quit cause 1 asshole leaked it. I swear I get so sick of this sh*t. Yea I know Im not a developer, blah blah blah. It just shows how immature a person is when they quit doing something cause 1 idiot leaks something of theres. Glad ID isn't like that otherwise Doom3 would not be released. Oh well if they feel this way screw them, I can live without it.

If people are so paranoid about there stuff being leaked why don't they keep better track of it?
id devs for cash, these people dev to dev. Private betas are meant to be just that - private. Theres a reason its not publicly released.

Development really is a hard thing to do. I've understood that more and more since I've been learning it. While I wouldn't discontinue my work over something like this, I realize and understand why the author took these actions.

Keeping better track of your betas is impossible. The only thing you can do is pick people you think you trust, and hope they don't leak it. These free dev'ers can't afford to take legal action, and machine-locking code can be cracked eventually. Look at bleemcast! for instance.... I'm sure the betas had a legal contract and I know they had machine-locking code... and guess what? It's on the internet, ready to download, burn, and use. I'm sure when you know your work has been leaked and people are whore'ing it around you must feel bitched. That's why people discontinue work.
It's thinking...
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Given that the b!DC beta was leaked *years* ago, the hour spent implementing it was beyond any doubt the right thing to do.

Rand.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Source: http://www.xbox-scene.com/
HyperG's Stance on DoomX Leakage
>> From HyperG on xboxhacker.net:
This really isn't meant as a news story, but I'm going to make it be to defend myself since I'm not given a chance anywhere else.

The old beta mentioned was given to me January 6th of this year. It does not contain 4 player as mentioned by Lantus. Just had network 1 vs 1.

The person who has another copy of a beta is xkaliber (irc efnet). Xkaliber claims to have gotten it from Lantus himself. Xkaliber had asked Lantus a question about the beta, on how to get network play working. Lantus freaked out and had already assumed it was my beta, even though Xkaliber claims to have gotten it from Lantus himself.

A confusing so called leakage, a damn shame to suspend a project that hasn't had any progress for 5 months. Sites like Consolevision.com are so anti-HyperG about me just because of a leak I did 1 year ago, so of course people will say I did this one too, just because it's Doom. Idiots shouldn't have left a beta on the server if they didn't want it out then. It's ironic to blame me on a leak of DoomX I didn't commit. It's not even publically leaked so why b**ch ? This has ruined me in many ways . . . I hope the retarded chocolate army guy wh16 is having fun on consolevision.com talking crap about me.
update: Looks like it's deleted from xboxhacker.net now...
Posted by:: XanTium
May 23 18:31 (GMT+1)
It's thinking...
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

whyd he delete it from xboxhacker?