Nester has eaten almost my entire VMU....

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bigvisfan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nester has eaten almost my entire VMU....

Post by bigvisfan »

I have the newest version of Nester for Dreamcast. Evertime I started the blasted thing up it automaticly saved my user options. Now, my entire VMU is full, and when I go into the Dreamcast vmu manager screen or the nester vmu manager screen, there is nothing showing I have any nester files saved! I have a total of about 55 blocks from other games on the dreamcast vmu manager screen, yet it says my VMU is full! How in the world do I get my space back on the vmu, that is consumed by invisible nester files?
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

hmm i had a similar problem before with some dreamcast games.

I think it was my mem card. It wasn't an official sega VMU and when I went to delete files it sometimes wouldn't do it properly and it showed as used space, even though the file wasn't there. I found it helped when I re formatted that mem card, but i never had a problem with my official sega vmu.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

did you try turning on your vmu and deleting the files like that? maybe u should try that, i don t know, im just guessing.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

When nester boots up on the dreamcast press the "B" button at the title screen to get to the VMU menu. From there you can delete your saved game files.

hope that helps