The "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:I never could find all those stupid little kids on that island. I bet I spent 45 min looking that island over. I just said heck with them and left. My friend managed to do it, he got a peice of a heart.
The kids weren't all that hard. The hardest one to find was that kid in the tree by the bomb house. It took me 5 minutes to find the three kids, another 10 just to find that one in the tree, and 5 minutes just to figure out how to get him out of the tree (roll into it).
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I'm ordering it right now.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

The kid in the tree was the first one I found and it wasn't too hard to find, it just caught my eye when I was on a high ledge, but I couldn't figure out how to get him down. Him and the one behind the bomb shop were easy, but it took forever for me to find the others. I felt stupid for not looking behind that gravestone in the first place.

Speaking of the gravestone, has anyone noticed how....um... "happy" the dancer by the gravestone is?
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

in the first dungeon (the 1 eit the dragon) at the end of the level if u use ya tingle tuner to blow a bomb a treasure chest appears and has a tingle statue in it there are 5 in the whole game and you can veiw them by going to tingle island
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

So I have to have a GBA to get them? :(
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

So I have to have a GBA to get them?
yea
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Wow. How shitty. Nintendo has to keep pushing us all to get a GBA. Or maybe I'm the only one left on this whole forum that doesn't have one....
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

Kenichi wrote:Wow. How shitty. Nintendo has to keep pushing us all to get a GBA. Or maybe I'm the only one left on this whole forum that doesn't have one....
No, you're not the only one without a GBA. I don't even know what the hell some of you are talking about? I feel like I suck now, cause I got my WW on tuesday, and yet I'm still trying to rescue my sister right at the beginning. But I only have played it twice. I still play battlefield a lot now. :|
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Kenichi wrote:The kid in the tree was the first one I found and it wasn't too hard to find, it just caught my eye when I was on a high ledge, but I couldn't figure out how to get him down. Him and the one behind the bomb shop were easy, but it took forever for me to find the others. I felt stupid for not looking behind that gravestone in the first place.

Speaking of the gravestone, has anyone noticed how....um... "happy" the dancer by the gravestone is?
I noticed that too,.. he has a rainbow on his back... lol
It's thinking...
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Well, I just picked it up, and it came with a free Nintendo Power guide/walkthru. Not that I'll even glance at it until I beat the game, but it might come in handy if I decide to go thru the game again to pick up every item.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Mine should be here Tuesday.
gg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gg »

Great game , but I think it's a bit too short.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Bought a second bottle from the Rock Spire Beedle (he's the one with all the expensive stuff (empty bottle, piece of heart, and a treasure chart)), so I'm looking better in that area. Also found the Northern Fairy Island and recieved a 5000 rupee wallet :mrgreen:
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I just beat the first dungeon with the dragon, yippee. My whole view changed about this game once I started fighting. I enjoyed this dungeon much more than the OoT dungeons. One thing that is really bugging me about this game though is how all the big prizes for hidden things and side quests are always RUPEES. Right now my wallet is only 200, and it is always maxed. I thought I found a big secret on the island with the dragon when I took control of a seagul and hit one of the bomb plants on the wall next to a rock with a chest on it. It blew up the rock and the chest fell. I expected something cool, like a chart or something, but my luck it was a 200 rupee peice.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

well, that was uncalled for ;/
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

Hastings has it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have noticed there is a lot of exploreing in this game. That is one bad thing about both the Zelda's on N64 is there really wasn't much room left to explore (being a cart system probably has something to do with this).

I got the MAsters Sword, and am off. I have been following those fish trying to find these items to get into these islands but I can't get into any of them yet for one reason or another.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The amount of interaction is simply.. awesome. (burning the ropes on a bridge to have it fall from under you, etc)

I just got the Deku leaf and am (repeatedly) trying to fly to the Forbidden forest...
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Kenichi wrote:I just beat the first dungeon with the dragon, yippee. My whole view changed about this game once I started fighting. I enjoyed this dungeon much more than the OoT dungeons. One thing that is really bugging me about this game though is how all the big prizes for hidden things and side quests are always RUPEES. Right now my wallet is only 200, and it is always maxed. I thought I found a big secret on the island with the dragon when I took control of a seagul and hit one of the bomb plants on the wall next to a rock with a chest on it. It blew up the rock and the chest fell. I expected something cool, like a chart or something, but my luck it was a 200 rupee peice.
That's exactly what I was thinking...at first. But once you get that huge 5000 rupee wallet, and you realize how much more stuff costs, plus the whole auction house prices, and that ship with the rare items that are marked up real high, you will start to realize why there are so many rupee treasure chests, and just how valuable they are in this game compared to other Zelda's. My advice is don't go treasure hunting until after you get the two big wallets. You will definatly need those treasures to fill those wallets later.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I just beat the first dungeon with the dragon, yippee. My whole view changed about this game once I started fighting. I enjoyed this dungeon much more than the OoT dungeons. One thing that is really bugging me about this game though is how all the big prizes for hidden things and side quests are always RUPEES. Right now my wallet is only 200, and it is always maxed. I thought I found a big secret on the island with the dragon when I took control of a seagul and hit one of the bomb plants on the wall next to a rock with a chest on it. It blew up the rock and the chest fell. I expected something cool, like a chart or something, but my luck it was a 200 rupee peice.
That's exactly what I was thinking...at first. But once you get that huge 5000 rupee wallet, and you realize how much more stuff costs, plus the whole auction house prices, and that ship with the rare items that are marked up real high, you will start to realize why there are so many rupee treasure chests, and just how valuable they are in this game compared to other Zelda's. My advice is don't go treasure hunting until after you get the two big wallets. You will definatly need those treasures to fill those wallets later.
yea I ended up finding about 500 rupies that I couldn't carry. I got the 5000 now though.