The "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Anti-Roofus »

because in the bomb shop its over 1000 rupees
your not suposed to be able to buy those bombs (the strategy guide says so youll never b able to carry that much money)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

arrowhead wrote:Really? I didnt read that in the instructions or anything so I wasnt sure. I thought you could carry as many as you can collect because in the bomb shop its over 1000 rupees for bombs. How do you buy crap if you can only carry 200 rupees. It doesnt make sense.
You're not meant to be able to buy those bombs.
It's thinking...
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

You're not meant to be able to buy those bombs.
i just posted that
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Thanks
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Damn you anti-roofus (we posted at the same time).
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Update:

I got the game yesterday.. Was too busy enjoying myself to come and post about it (first time I've gone a day without touching the PC in awhile, since Halo came out :P )

The game is awesome and I wont deny the fact that the game is gorgeous, But I still say the game would have been far cooler if done with the original graphics concept (that Link vs. Ganon duel at E3). No complaints though, I'm completely satisfied.

Wind Waker > Ocarina of Time (So far :P )
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Update:

I got the game yesterday.. Was too busy enjoying myself to come and post about it (first time I've gone a day without touching the PC in awhile, since Halo came out :P )

The game is awesome and I wont deny the fact that the game is gorgeous, But I still say the game would have been far cooler if done with the original graphics concept (that Link vs. Ganon duel at E3). No complaints though, I'm completely satisfied.

Wind Waker > Ocarina of Time (So far :P )
That was Spaceworld, if I remember correctly, you nub.

I'm glad they didn't use that concept... I am really glad I wouldn't have missed out on this one.
It's thinking...
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

arrowhead wrote:Really? I didnt read that in the instructions or anything so I wasnt sure. I thought you could carry as many as you can collect because in the bomb shop its over 1000 rupees for bombs. How do you buy crap if you can only carry 200 rupees. It doesnt make sense.
That and you can get a bigger rupee wallet later on.
The only thing I will say is that involves a leaf, a bomb, and one of the very first areas of the game.
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

This game saved my ass. I've been alternating between Smash Bros. Melee and Metroid Prime for fun, but I'm already stuck on Metroid Prime and there is no hope for me. I just got my GCube and these games last friday!

I just got to the island with the Dragon and just got the Wind Waker. Yeah I know I'm slow, but I'm being slow on purpose. I want the game to last awhile, I don't want to beat the game all at once and be bored again.

I don't know if it is better than OoT though. Sure the WW graphics are cool, but the OoT graphics were brilliant. I knew how great the game was gonna be by just stepping out of Link's house for the first time. The whole game was serious, and had really great and pretty music, and the level designs were cool. The WW just doesn't feel at all like that game, but it is still great for what it is rather than what it isn't. I like the WW battle system better though. The visual and sound effects that occur when you strike an enemy are really cool.

melancholy wrote:So far my favorite moment in the game is on Windmill Island. Go into the shop where they have this pirate ship game. Talk to the guy and play the game. What happens is something that will live on to be a classic video game moment. :lol:
??? Which shop? I went in every building I saw in that town and never saw a shop with a pirate game. :?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Kenichi wrote:??? Which shop? I went in every building I saw in that town and never saw a shop with a pirate game. :?
Go up like a hill and go through the arch where inside they have a gang of kids, go right and there's a pirate game. It's like the game "Battleship" but with squids.
It's thinking...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm already on that dragon island, so maybe if I get the chance to go by Windmill Island again then I'll check it out.
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by s700pid »

Two questions
Does it have shootguns?
And second does it have zombies?
Stupid is as Stupid posts
Tofu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Tofu »

Kinda off topic of what everyones talking about, but my local gamestores gonna start selling the preorder disk for 10 dollars, and since I never got to play the game on N64, I cant wait to shell out 10 bucks for a gamecube game. But I gotta finish Wind Waker first. :D
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

|darc| wrote:
Kenichi wrote:??? Which shop? I went in every building I saw in that town and never saw a shop with a pirate game. :?
Go up like a hill and go through the arch where inside they have a gang of kids, go right and there's a pirate game. It's like the game "Battleship" but with squids.
I laughed my ass off when I first saw that. Especially when you win. :D
Did you play the other cannon game? It's on an island about 2-3 squares to the East of Windfall Island.

Right now, I'm doing some exploring, treasure hunting, and side quests. And placing the three jewels in the proper location along the way. I need more bottles. I only have one so far :|
No signature.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Crap. I'm buying the game today after work, and I cant wait to get home. :?

Maybe I can snag a copy of the Master Quest disk while I'm out...
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

toastman wrote:I laughed my ass off when I first saw that. Especially when you win. :D
Did you play the other cannon game? It's on an island about 2-3 squares to the East of Windfall Island.
Yeah, it's pretty funny... Nope, I didn't play the other cannon game, didn't even go to that island... but once I'm done in the Forbidden Woods, I'll probably go exploring.

Right now, I'm doing some exploring, treasure hunting, and side quests. And placing the three jewels in the proper location along the way. I need more bottles. I only have one so far :|[/quote]

Yeah, the way it's set up with the sea leads to much exploring.. I'm loving it. And the sea theme probably wouldn't look right at all or would have been as fun if they used the realistic view..
It's thinking...
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

damn you people all of you are already past the first three dungeons and i just beatthe 1st one last night. (btw did anyone rescue tingle yet or get the gold tingle statue? i did)
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Anti-Roofus wrote:damn you people all of you are already past the first three dungeons and i just beatthe 1st one last night. (btw did anyone rescue tingle yet or get the gold tingle statue? i did)
i just started that island one last night.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

toastman wrote:
|darc| wrote:

Right now, I'm doing some exploring, treasure hunting, and side quests. And placing the three jewels in the proper location along the way. I need more bottles. I only have one so far :|
Yeah, I just got there last night. Aparantly that guy is all over the world with his minigames. I must thank Nintendo, that guy is a brillant kind of funny. I also got my first big wallet last night. Holy crap, that thing is huge! 1000 rupees, and Tingle still says it's still not big enough! :o Anyway, I at the part where you just board the pirate ship after they land at Windfall.
Anti-Roofus wrote:(btw did anyone rescue tingle yet or get the gold tingle statue? i did)
Er, Gold Tingle Statue? What's that? I just bought a cable last night to do the GBA-GC hookup, but it's too hard to play with both the game and that thing at the same time. I'll have to have my girlfriend come over to use the GBA for me.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

toastman wrote:
|darc| wrote:

I got another bottle on a pirate ship on my way to the forrest islane (south of dragon island)

I did a little exploreing, kinda pisses me off. I found 3 treasure chests. 2 of them had a 200 rubys, and the other had 50. Course I allready had my rubies maxed out so bleh!!!!

I never could find all those stupid little kids on that island. I bet I spent 45 min looking that island over. I just said heck with them and left. My friend managed to do it, he got a peice of a heart.