Games that you just never could be (without cheating)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Games that you just never could be (without cheating)

Post by Veggita2099 »

List some of the games you just never could beat (without any cheats)no matter how hard you tried. This DOES NOT include those games that you didn't care enough to try about, only games that you really tried and just couldn't.

For me it is Battletoads. I swear I played that game for YEARS and I never could even come close to beating that game without useing game genie. If I put invinite lives and warped to the final stage I SOMETIMES could beat it, but even then it was ruff. Without cheating I never could get past that Half-pipe zone. A couple of times I managed to get past it, but then I lost my lives on that rat race.

Another game would be, and yes this is bad I know. But Final Fantasy 8 had me stuck for the longest time. a lot of people consider this to be the easiest FF game, but I got stuck forever on the Adel fight in Lunatic Pandora. I never did find this easy exploit people talk about and until I finnally gave in and cheated I couldn't beat adel. Heck even with cheats I barely did it. I think a major problem I had was I rushed through this game way too fast. I spent no time finding hidden items, or leveling up. I also didn't spend much time sucking up magic either as that was just boreing.

Thats the only 2 I can think of that with a lot of effort I just couldn't get through.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

I can't think of any. hmmm.... Maybe SimCity for SNES :P
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Turrican - Amiga
Turrican 2 - Amiga
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

thanks to nester i was able to beat all 6 mega mans. i beat 2,3 many years ago when they first came out. i think my gaming skills have decreased since then.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

pavelbure wrote:thanks to nester i was able to beat all 6 mega mans. i beat 2,3 many years ago when they first came out. i think my gaming skills have decreased since then.
Which megaman has the orange guy at the end that falls apart and then comes back together at the other side of the room? I couldnt beat that >_<
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The old Mega Man games definately.
It's thinking...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Cyphix wrote:
pavelbure wrote:thanks to nester i was able to beat all 6 mega mans. i beat 2,3 many years ago when they first came out. i think my gaming skills have decreased since then.
Which megaman has the orange guy at the end that falls apart and then comes back together at the other side of the room? I couldnt beat that >_<
Megaman 1 and MegaMan 3 both had this guy. I thought the one from the first game was harder cause you don't have your slide move in that game.

I can beat any of the NES Megaman Games. I thought the first one was the hardest, 2nd one was easiest.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Mario 2
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Those damnable Super Star Wars games.... I would get ? or ? through and lose at best, and no further. I tried them again recently and couldn't even get through the first levels before quitting.... :roll:
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I couldn'r beat SMB without infinite lives, also I couldn't beat River City Ransom until I got Nester.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

I couldn't beat Ninja Gaiden until I was able to save in Nester, but that isn't really cheating, is it? :mrgreen:
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

There was no games that I was never able to beat... there have been some that I've sort of swayed away from.

Final Fantasy 7 - Rented the game when I first bought PS1, saved the game, and played it every month about 3 times. My game has lasted 2 years and still havent beat it.

Earthbound - Same thing. I'll get stuck somewhere and just leave it, I have a saved game thats close to the last Starman, and its about four or five years old.

[Edit]There was one I wasnt able to beat. I think it was Ninja Gaiden 3, and it had this god damn lava that would engulf you in only the first level! The damn game was impossible.[/Edit]
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Any Mega-man game, I just plan suck at them I dont think I have ever beaten one, I did come close on Mega-Man 2 for nes but I think my nes reset being the POS it is, or was.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

The only game i've tried to beat, but couldn't without cheating, was Metroid 1. I could get to the very end.. but without cheating my health, I was never able to get through that last room, to mother brain, and kill her without dying.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Roofus wrote:I couldn'r beat SMB without infinite lives, also I couldn't beat River City Ransom until I got Nester.
aww,come on,RCR wasnt that hard,the twins were rough,but not if you spent time eating food and jacking up your stats.

2 games i couldnt beat with Game Genie Cheats were....

Cobra Triangle-impossible (waterfall stage) even with infinite lives

Snake Rattle & Roll- how do you beat the last boss, couldnt with infin lives...

And i couldnt beat SMB,the last castle with that damn pipe maze,stopped caring after a while
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Battletoads...that game really was ridiculous...
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I have trouble with the old Mega Man games.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

TMNT for NES..i still have no clue where to go when you have to rescue splinter.

Xenogears....you cant save in it with epsxe for some reason, and at a certain part you must go under water, problem is its so slow underwater you literaly cant beat it.you have the choice of 1FPS or no screen display..
SEGA
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SEGA »

jet grind radio and shenmue 1/2 dreamcast and 2 xbox
Don't Fear The Toastman.

Kraft
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kraft »

Blaster Master for the NES. Such a great game, yet so ridiculously hard. I still have yet to beat it... will probably use nester and the save feature to do it soon though.
Commodore?! On my dreamcast?! *almost wets himself*
Xbox fans: check out http://www.xboxaddict.com