What ROMs are usable?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Keeper
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What ROMs are usable?

Post by Keeper »

Hello again all... I've been away for like a month.

I burned a DreamSNES CD in early December, with a good handful of ROMs. All of them were .smc files. Everything worked, it was happy, etc. I left the Selfboot folder alone since then, just adding ROMs to it as I thought of games I wanted.

Fast forward to half an hour ago.

I used Selfboot to make a new NRG file, (after making a new ROMS.LST), and burned it, (Nero, same version as before), and it doesn't work. I'm now burning another CD, this time with just the .smc files. I'm guessing it will work.

So, I'm curious, what kind of ROMs can I use? I've got .smc, .fig, and some that are multiple part files, (.1, .2, .3, .4), and I've tested and they work fine in ZSNES without being zipped. Was there a note in a FAQ I missed, or could someone lemme know what I can use?
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: What ROMs are usable?

Post by someoneElse »

Snes9X has support for SNES ROM images in *.smc, *.sfc, *.fig or *.1, *.2, or sf32xxxa, sf32xxxb formats, but I think DreamSNES cannot use the multipart roms like the .1, .2, **a, **b. You can find tools to combine these multipart ROMs back together.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

nope it cant use multipart roms as i have tried tried and then tried some more to accomplish this. dont waste your time sorry :| well, at least most ROMs arnt format as multiparts so it must be a small problem. Maybe there is a way to format multipart files as a single .smc or other format? ionno? check that out
Keeper
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Keeper »

So, if tools exist to put multipart ROMs together, why not maybe a link from DCEmu page to such tools? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to find them useful...
uZiel
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by uZiel »

I think it can be done with Snes tool, if you don't know where to get it, yo can download it from my web http://www.erezatrans.com it's in spanish but I think you won't have problems fiding it, just click in "ENTRAR" and then in "utilidades" on the left side of the screen.
The Black Wind Howls... El Viento Negro A?lla... [http://www.erezatrans.com --> las mejores traducciones]