Website help needed!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

If you were to pick an online game that was free, would you play?

A pen and paper rpg
67%
a 3D MechWarrior type Stratagy
No votes
a real time combanation of the two, where you pilot the Mech
33%

Total votes: 3
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: the Hell called Norco, next to the Shining light of Corona. (not the beer)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Website help needed!

Post by soul hunter »

:twisted:
Hey!

I'm running a website and I need some help.

The sites not up yet, cause I'm trying to get enough sponsers to pay for a REAL webpage instead of a geocity!

Those with programing skillz ranging form good to excellent are needed, or anyone who could help in site payment or even give US a free one capable of holding a lot of stuff please post and I will tell you where to get a hold of me.

we need:

Programers who can program interactive programs, or who can teach me c++, let me know.

Some one who can help with graphics.

Sponsers.

Please help out.
I will give details to those at apply. I can't pay anyone, But it will be a humorous site that gives free access to the games we design.
Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes,
then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

The sites not up yet, cause I'm trying to get enough sponsers to pay for a REAL webpage instead of a geocity!
Sponsers for a project without the programmers :o
Programers who can program interactive programs, or who can teach me c++, let me know.
Providing you are good enough, why not go do a course in C++ ? Im pretty sure no one is going to teach you it..Especially across the internet.
skillz
If you really want to appear serious, punctation is key. People take a lot more notice, and will take you a lot more serious if you do.

anyone who could help in site payment
You expect people to just give you money ? :roll:
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Location: the Hell called Norco, next to the Shining light of Corona. (not the beer)

Post by soul hunter »

No, but correcting one who is a writer isn't smart either. All "gramatical" errors are made for a humorous purpose, thus keeping with the whole <AHEM> "Lightheartedness" of the site.

Also, I know basic C++, but I am not yet good enough to give the online gamers what they want, I don't expect much for free, but I do want it to be playable.
This guy who responded wrote: Sponsers for a project without the programmers
We have programers, but mainly in html, fireworks, and graphical and musical fields. We need people almost strictly for programing the multiplayer game. Thus the need for those who know C++.

Basicly, the purpose for the site is for online, offline, and console gamers, to get on, have fun, meet people with similar intrests, get hints, player rated reviews, and just connect on a level that only those in a "gamers republic" can understand. The whole site is a giant ongoing joke that provides an ample backdrop to give gaming a twist that allows for people to come, have a great time, and leave with expanded horizons and the help the need, while neither being to serious, nor giving them a feeling of being socially re-tarded.

Sorry for my long explaination, But I hope you better understand.

I already have three sponsors, and around eight programers, none of which can program the game.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

soul hunter wrote:No, but correcting one who is a writer isn't smart either. All "gramatical" errors are made for a humorous purpose, thus keeping with the whole <AHEM> "Lightheartedness" of the site.

Also, I know basic C++, but I am not yet good enough to give the online gamers what they want, I don't expect much for free, but I do want it to be playable.
This guy who responded wrote: Sponsers for a project without the programmers
We have programers, but mainly in html, fireworks, and graphical and musical fields. We need people almost strictly for programing the multiplayer game. Thus the need for those who know C++.

Basicly, the purpose for the site is for online, offline, and console gamers, to get on, have fun, meet people with similar intrests, get hints, player rated reviews, and just connect on a level that only those in a "gamers republic" can understand. The whole site is a giant ongoing joke that provides an ample backdrop to give gaming a twist that allows for people to come, have a great time, and leave with expanded horizons and the help the need, while neither being to serious, nor giving them a feeling of being socially re-tarded.

Sorry for my long explaination, But I hope you better understand.

I already have three sponsors, and around eight programers, none of which can program the game.
I really can't be bothered arguing, Good Luck.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

soul hunter wrote: We have programers, but mainly in html, fireworks, and graphical and musical fields. We need people almost strictly for programing the multiplayer game. Thus the need for those who know C++.
HTML, Fireworks, and "graphical and musical fields".
I thought you said you had programmers. Sounds like you have a team of webpage authors.
So, in other words, you have eight useless programmers. That really spurs my confidence.
No signature.
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by soul hunter »

I can't really be bothered arguing
I wasn't arguing, I was merely answering your question. It was a long answer though, and for that I apologize.
I thought you said you had programmers.
I do. The graphical part is that of creating CGI images and such for the site, as well as interactive website areas.
The musical part, however, has nothing to do with the page itself, but sound effects and music for the game, which are then added in. Plus, webpage authoring involves programing.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

soul hunter wrote: I do. The graphical part is that of creating CGI images and such for the site, as well as interactive website areas.
A CGI image, I'd like to see that. :D
Plus, webpage authoring involves programing.
:roll:
No offense, but not really.
No signature.
odinsblade
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by odinsblade »

Im good at making websites (been doing it for 3 years), but it sounds as if you have enough of that... if you want help though IM me through AIM
My two cents, Odinsblade.
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by soul hunter »

The unbelieving Toastman wrote: A CGI image, I'd like to see that.
:? I really don't appreciate sarcasm, :roll: well, actually I love sarcasm.

But still, what I meant to say was a CGI frame.

And yes, belive it or not. HTML is offically a programing launguage, as well as any form of command coding. OFFICALLY, even though it is a outdated and easy navigational system, DOS commands are programng code.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

soul hunter wrote:And yes, belive it or not. HTML is offically a programing launguage, as well as any form of command coding. OFFICALLY, even though it is a outdated and easy navigational system, DOS commands are programng code.
Hook me up with the batch file games! :D

...and that was the least sarcastic remark I could make about comparing the importance of the role of a webdesigner to a programmer in the making of a game :o
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I've been doing HTML and web sites for quite a while now. My career aim is a programmer, but I don't start course's in proper language's until Spetember...I don't consider myself a programmer.

I didn't say you were arguing, I said I couldn't be bothered arguing with you over the fact that you are making a game without the people who are going to make it.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

soul hunter wrote: But still, what I meant to say was a CGI frame.
You do know that CGI stands for Common Gateway Interface? And it's not a language or thing as such. It's more along the lines of a concept. CGI is used in webpages to make them more dynamic. Typically Perl or C/C++ is used to create CGI applications. A good example of CGI is Consolevision's forums. This forum uses PHP (Pre-HTML Processor) so it doesn't really qualify.
And yes, belive it or not. HTML is offically a programing launguage, as well as any form of command coding. OFFICALLY, even though it is a outdated and easy navigational system, DOS commands are programng code.
HTML is a markup languange, not a programming language. Big difference. With HTML, the only thing you can really do is format text, which is what HTML is designed for. Batch files are a very, very, very limited sort of programming. If all you can do is create batch files, don't call yourself a programmer. Someone may call you on it one day.
I really would like to talk to these officials of yours. It seems to me they have their heads planted firmly up their asses.
No signature.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I have been doing html for about 3 years. I sell sites shall we say :D I might be able to help on some stuff
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
The3FingerSalute
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The3FingerSalute »

soul hunter wrote: And yes, belive it or not. HTML is offically a programing launguage, as well as any form of command coding. OFFICALLY, even though it is a outdated and easy navigational system, DOS commands are programng code.
Actually, most people would not consider HTML a programming language, seeing how it does not allow true choices to be made. All it is, is basically type in what it should look like and it shows up, with no real variables, functions, or depth at all.

By the way, what are you actually doing? Making a free online game? Games are not something that someone can make without any knowledge, nor is it something that programmers immediately jump into based upon someones "dream" to make a good game. These things take time, people, skill, and even more important, time. I'm sorry, but from here I can see what is going to happen to your game. You will gather a group of people who think they know what they are doing and then suddenly it will become somethine too hard for you to handle, and will eventually die out. I've seen this many times before, and seeing how you do not have an true set plan or hope for the outcome of this game, I believe that it will crash and burn before it even gets off the ground.
The Poster formerly known as DC12k
Come visit my website! : http://www.dc12k.com
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by soul hunter »

What is considered and what is "offical" are two completely diffrent things.

I agree that it is not really a good, nor efficent, language, but it still is a programming language. But this is far off my original topic. I need help. The site will be worth while, and hopefully, It will become a major site for the gaming population. I don't say this to be concieted, but the Idea went over really well with many of our programers and, to not invoke more argument, "designers."
All of whom are heavy gamers themselves.

It is a humorous site based around bringing the gaming world together and giving accurate info.

And we've had much fun coming up with ideas and putting it together, and we are happy with the whole idea and rough drafts.

Anyone intrested in adding names to our list of producers?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

soul hunter wrote:What is considered and what is "offical" are two completely diffrent things.

I agree that it is not really a good, nor efficent, language, but it still is a programming language. But this is far off my original topic. I need help. The site will be worth while, and hopefully, It will become a major site for the gaming population. I don't say this to be concieted, but the Idea went over really well with many of our programers and, to not invoke more argument, "designers."

It is a humorous site based around bringing the gaming world together and giving accurate info.

And we've had much fun coming up with ideas and putting it together, and we are happy with the whole idea and rough drafts.

I thhnk ya got that one wrong...It is very effieicnt as you can literally create websites in a matter of minutes.

BTW, why is this topic near the top ? The last post was Oct 2002 :o
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

soul hunter wrote:What is considered and what is "offical" are two completely diffrent things.

And let me end the arguement like this:
You don't have a website much less a game, and you are trying to hype us on it?
Please.
No signature.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

toastman wrote:

And let me end the arguement like this:
You don't have a website much less a game, and you are trying to hype us on it?
Please.
And toast sends a finishing blow.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

perry2175 wrote:BTW, why is this topic near the top ? The last post was Oct 2002 :o
He signed up for DCEmu in October 2002, and the post was posted recently, you looked at the wrong date :P
It's thinking...
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Sorry man, I can't help with the idea... but good luck! Hope you find some help.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...