I'm going 2 throw my DC out the window

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
kNiVeS
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm going 2 throw my DC out the window

Post by kNiVeS »

Ok, I think I wasted bout 15 cdr trying to make a simple Boot Disc to work. I tried getting Utopia. I took the Nero Imaga, burn with with nero in 4x speed(low as it can go :S)and placed it in my DC. EVERY single time I tried it just opened the music dics menu showing 2 tracks. 1 with an awfull sound and the other well, I can't even go on it. I hope someone can help me cause I'm about 2 go insane. I even tried taking the CDI image and converting it into a NRG image. *cries*
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

get diskjuggler!!
or you could sell me your dreamcast instead of thowing them out the window...hmm $15
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

bizzle

Post by bizzle »

ok when you burnt the image.. did you do this?

did you just double click the image file without having nero open, thus having nero open to a burn dialog?

or..

open nero, make data cd, and drag in the image?

the first way, is teh correct way.

try that if you havent already

also, have you tried session-at-once, or track-at-once or disc-at-once burning mode in nero?
kNiVeS
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by kNiVeS »

I double clicked on the cd image 2 burn it, I aint dumb enuf 2 burn the image itself :P but I dun remember tryin session-at-once or well, U no, the 3 U talked bout, ima try again and hope I dun waste another damn cd....

btw, this is going 2 b a REALLY dumb question but hey, whatever :S where can I pick track-at-once and stuff like that, the only place I remember seeing that was in ezcd

By that I mean where in the part where U make the cd tru image burning, I dun c ne place where it lets me pick
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Yo wizle, mah-be yo should hit up dis bitch wit a tutorial up in da main page foolio.
kNiVeS
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by kNiVeS »

Ok, for some wierd reason Nero wasn't showing me the same menu with a different NRG file it allowed me 2 pick the disk-at-once and stuff. Before all it did was let me select the writing speed. And btw, Red, I read ALL the tuttorials and tried them all in every way and nothing works.
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

maybe ur dcs not compitable
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

yeah DoomDan may be right, check the date on your DC some DC's were made at a later date to not be compatible with CD-Rs, you might have one, especially if it was bought recently used. Check it out, because if you burn a image file with DJ AND NERO and it dosent werk, somthing is definatley wrong there...
toolstriad
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

DC Date

Post by toolstriad »

im having a problem playing CD-Rs also. im trying to burn the NesterDC ROM and it is just coming up to the screen that says insert a DC game. My DC was made in Dec 2000 it says on the bottom...is that too late of one?