some noobie help

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
itchanddino
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

some noobie help

Post by itchanddino »

ok, i really have no clue what i am doing. i followed that self boot tutorial, but after i burned the cd, trying both dj and nero, but my dreamcast wouldnt recognize it as a game cd. is there a different way that i should be making a cd to play my snes roms? all help is greatly appreciated!!
oblachubs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oblachubs »

When you are talking about trying to burn "it" are you referring to DreamSNES 0.9.8?
I use the self boot inducer 2.0. It comes with a tutorial.
Also, make sure you put your games in the SNES folder, not a ROMS folder like I did.
I also don't recommend puting more than 100 roms in the SNES folder. The game select screen really sucks. SNES-Station for PS2 rocks for that part, but it's slow so you have a trade off.
I also burned using a real CD Burner and not a DVD burner to burn CD-R's. For some reason, my Pioneer A04 did not burn a clean DC CD-R.
Use decent CD-R's. Fuji are the best.

OBlachubs
itchanddino
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

well...

Post by itchanddino »

since i am new at this, i have no clue what a sbi file is. well, still no dreamsnes for me for now :(
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

First, go and download the Nero (NRG) or Discjuggler (CDI) self-boot image file from dcemulation. Then open Nero/Discjuggler, open the image, then burn it. This WILL work, unless you are one of the few that have a incompatible DC that dosnt read CD-Rs (note this is a rare instance) after you burn this file, you can just burn all your ROMs onto a CD-R as a ISO/Data CD. This is the simplist option, as it dosnt involve making a List file with ROMLIST (though you might want to use this if you are burning a lot of roms, as it makes them load up on the list screen much faster were talkin 2 min, down to 3 sec with a list file). Then just put in the self-boot image CD you burned and wait fro the DreamSNES screen to come up, then insert your ROM disc you burned, and go to the list. Your ready to play :mrgreen: One unfortunate thing is, before spending your time on this, note that almost NO games play with 100% speed on dreamSNES, were talking about 80-95% on good games, and some games lagging in FPS to about 50-70% such as MegamanX2. Well hope this helped you