DreamPac Screen

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
rxd
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamPac Screen

Post by rxd »

Is there anyway to adjust the screen size in DreamPac? The large size is just a bit too big and the small size is tiny. Anyway to get something in between?
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

There is pacman perfect by me if you only want to play pacman
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

I tried your Pacman emu Reaper, but I could never get it to work properly on me. I had the puckman.zip and pacman.zip files in the Roms folder as you suggested (both grabbed from mame.dk) but only one Pacman game appeared on the list as opposed to the two I thought were gonna materialise from the two rom archives available. When I select it it shows split second messages stating it's loading each file from inside the zip but immediately afterwards the messages go and I'm still on the menu - no game started, no signs that it worked properly, nothing. I try pressing all other buttons to see if that would work, but the only thing I discovered is that pressing L and R together makes your menu disappear, forcing me to switch off-n-on again/reset.

Exactly what romsets does it use? The old-style romsets (before they were altered for a later MAME version), or the latest ones?
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

OLd its protected you need the 2 romsets it only shows one 36 15 and down only
it reads both of them to load japan version you should use a multi session disk and you get it to work i had no trouble first try with my romsets it works perfectly only emu i did that does shame you cant play it

its pretty easy by what you have siad you have grabed the wrong roms
as if it starts to load then stops its not found all the roms

dont know why any one would

i cant give info on roms and site's thats not allowed!

/* rom parent machine inp init */
GAME( 1980, pacman, 0, pacman, pacman, 0, ROT90, "Namco", "PuckMan (Japan set 1)" )

driver Namco", "PuckMan (Japan set 1)"

=

DID you read this bit

game rom: puckman.zip valid for mame from .53 to .64 = not workin
older rom: puckman.zip valid for mame from .36final to .37b16 = working

you HAVE the wrong one download mame 37 16 try the roms you HAVE they will not work ether It's not my fault its the mame source and yours for not geting the right ones i cant give out roms if people fail to read what there downloading i cant be expected to help

i get this a lot so not having a go at YOU and its anooying its working right on my dc its perfect like i said im sorry i ever released it as so many people cant follow how to get it to work

I say over and over use a muilt session disk you get 50 fking burns a disk to try to get the right romsets then make a self boot NO one listing then people complain about it not working when they download the wrong romsets IF it does not work you had a brain fart and downloaded

game rom: puckman.zip valid for mame from .53 to .64 = NOT working

older rom: puckman.zip valid for mame from .36final to .37b16 =YAY working

any clearer then that it be glass

Code: Select all

Archive status:  size of archive: 15.25 kB  
namcopac.6e:  fee263b3 4096 In puckman.zip  
namcopac.6f:  39d1fc83 4096 In puckman.zip  
namcopac.6h:  02083b03 4096 In puckman.zip  
namcopac.6j:  7a36fe55 4096 In puckman.zip  
pacman.5e:  0c944964 4096 In puckman.zip  
pacman.5f:  958fedf9 4096 In puckman.zip  
82s123.7f:  2fc650bd 32 In puckman.zip  
82s126.4a:  3eb3a8e4 256 In puckman.zip  
82s126.1m:  a9cc86bf 256 In puckman.zip  
82s126.3m:  77245b66 256 In puckman.zip  
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
rxd
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by rxd »

First I want to thank you for all the great work you've done for the DC scene. But I downloaded Pacman_Final.zip from your website and I honestly don't see anywhere in there that it says to use the older rom sets. I might be missing something and if I am I apologize, but maybe you could make this info alittle more conspicuous because I missed it too...