Shuttle Crashes

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 404NotFound »

|darc| wrote:
SuperRoy wrote:yeah, CNN is a very reliable source.
You sure about that?

:P
*sigh*
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Oh my god that is funny.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

|darc| wrote:Image
Nice to know that the tradition of well-informed media coverage is being upheld.

Morons.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

|darc| wrote:Image
Lol! :D

That's classic... did anyone happen to see that live?
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

It would have been even funniers if the reported went

"Today the space shuttle Columbia crashed into Earth travelling at nearly 18 times the speed of light. This means it was travelling at roughtly 5,400,000,000 metres a seconds."
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

BlackAura wrote:What would be the point in a terrorist trying to destroy a shuttle anyway? The idea is that you try to take out something that, while it may not be large, will cause the maximum possible damage to your target and thier state of mind, and in a fairly easy way. You don't go after things that are well-guarded or too massive or difficult, because it's usually not very effective.

Basically, sabotaging a shuttle would be very difficult to do - you'd have to sneak in undetected, and know it's systems well enough to be able to cause a small, undetectable problem that'll suddenly become a major problem on re-entry, and sneak out again without being detected. And all it might get you is the destruction of one shuttle, and the deaths of the crew which, in terms of wide-scale devestation and panic, is not going to have a major impact. I apologise if that sounds somewhat cold, but the effect would be far too small for the effort involved in making it happen. In other words, is not typical terrorist activity.

Pretty much anything could have caused it though. Loose tiles on the nose, angle of decent was too steep, coming in too fast, a lump of debris from something like a satellite.

What happened to the people on board? Nothing I've seen mentioned anyone apart from the Israeli astronaut, and it wasn't clear what happened to him either. I assume that they didn't make it?
As far as,terrorism goes if it were sabotage they could have just unscrewed a screw or something small.
The hardest part of the shuttle mission is re-entry, where everything needs to be perfect and a small problem could mean failure.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

404NotFound wrote:*sigh*
Jeez dude.. I am just joking... it IS real, though.
Narcissus wrote:
Lol! :D

That's classic... did anyone happen to see that live?
My friend did :P