Suggestion many should agree with

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Xenodwarf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggestion many should agree with

Post by Xenodwarf »

Please, please drop the laser and drive motor abusing auto scanning for roms that barely works for anyone and let people browse the disc for roms manually. It seems people have wasted way too many CDRs regardless of the version of DreamSNES they're using. If they were able to burn a disc of roms they should be able navigate through a directory or two of their own disc to find them and choose their file(s). Thanks for listening if you are.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: Suggestion many should agree with

Post by someoneElse »

Tried using a roms.lst?
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Xenodwarf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Xenodwarf »

Yes.

If it means anything, my roms are a mix of FIG, SMC, SFC, split .1 through .4 file roms, and extensionless roms.

And roms list individually lists the parts of the split roms and for the extensionless ones it just has the name listed once like this:

FZERO:

while normally it lists a rom like this:

BSZELDA.SMC:BSZELDA

And if you're limited to having your roms in a single directory that isn't much good. For example the current most playable translation patch for Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun is split into two parts. When you get to the point of the game where it says end of part 1, you're supposed to apply the part 2 of the patch and resume play from there. So the way I organized it on CD was I put a copy with part 2 applied under the same filename in a subdirectory.

And how is that it can detect mp3's in a sounds directory just fine but can't find SNES roms? I really can't stand autoscanning/searching that doesn't work right when I know right where what it's looking for is.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Yes,I agree with you.
Auto-scanning is not that bad,but yes,it wears off your laser and motor,especially on multisession CDRs recorded with Nero.
But leaving NO manual file search is BAD!

I wrote everything about this problem and A LOT MORE.
You can read all about it in the DreamSNES 0.9.8. Independent BUG List (the sticky topic).

There's MUCH to read,so I recommend you have a few hours free time in order to read it all :)
uZiel
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by uZiel »

It Works.

IF you really want this you can code-it-yourself

Think that the DreamSNES team have enough getting this emulator to work for having to bother in rom detection issues.
The Black Wind Howls... El Viento Negro A?lla... [http://www.erezatrans.com --> las mejores traducciones]
Xenodwarf
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Xenodwarf »

If they let you pick files manually they wouldn't have to bother in rom detection issues.
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

agreed !

SNES9X at first or any other emulator doesn't use ROMS DETECTION they all let you MANUALLY choose your roms !
why is it different on this one ?
thats a question i would have an answer.
why the autodetection when it is easier to actually put a file explorer ?
or is it much more difficult to have the explorer ?

anyway...
a file EXPLORER would be better i think !
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Sounds like a waste of the coders time.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Cless wrote:Sounds like a waste of the coders time.
I agree with you on that, I'd be more worried about compatibility with games than a file explorer. If you want to do things the old fasioned way, get the emulator for the computer, don't whine about the fact that this emu doesn't support this or that. That's why hobby developers stop projects, people moaning about it not having this or that. (sorry, had to get that out)
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

1 - i wasn't meaning anything bad about what i said by agreeing on what the guy asked for ! the EMU works fine now and i still continue to think a FILE EXPLORER would have been better ! never REQUESTED that he does it, nor has the other guy !

2 - it's true that FILE EXPLORER would be like 50% better then the AUTOMATED ROUTINE !

3 - why are you so mean everytimes someone says something ? i mean by the time i have been here all i see by almost all of you guys and girls. is flmaing because you HOPE to have compatibility over speed and other enhancements ! let me get you this straight... COMPATIBILITY WILL NEVER BE COMPLETE ! there are always trouble with lots of games and compatibility isn't all in an EMULATOR !

so i say, yeah, a FILE EXPLORER is good IDEA to EXPLORE till the end and see why it wouldn't be a good idea and why it would be a good one !
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

well first of all, if you people didnt put 300 roms on a disc it wouldnt have a bigilian problems
i tried a disc with like 10 roms, and it worked fine. no problems, no grinder gears

seriously, like bluecrab said if you dont like the emulator and its "issues" get a damn SNES emulator for the pc
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

xylene... well, if you like scrapping CDS i sure don't !
like i said... but it seems i will have to re-tell it to you in big bold letters !

I... DON't... CARE... ABOUT... THE... AUTODETECTION !

i just said it was a good idea to put a FILE... EXPLORER !
for those who don't seems to know what that is !
it is when you can BROWSE ALL THE FILES BY YOURSELVES

i just said it was a damn good idea to give... know what the word IDEA means ! i hope yes cause an IDEA, is nothing more then an opinion, you got yours and we got ours, you don't like them, FINE we don't want to know it !
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I wasn't trying to be mean about it, I was just stating it from a developer's point of view. I was having a really bad day when I wrote that, that is why I appologized in advance at the bottom of the post....
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Let me put it to you guys this way. Its much better to have all you games in 1 folder w/ rom list because it doesnt need to loads from the disk but 2 time. One for romlist and other for the rom. While if you have to go through the damn disk theres tons of useless load which is bad for the system.