Wolfenstein 3d for Dreamcast Coming Soon..

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Huma79
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wolfenstein 3d for Dreamcast Coming Soon..

Post by Huma79 »

Don't think anything else needs to be said... check out http://www.consolevision.com .
Ex-Lead Administrator, DCemulation.com
Webmaster, Founder, Consolevision.com
sigma
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sigma »

cool it looks legit! so many emulators in production, soo happy : )
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

sigma wrote: cool it looks legit! so many emulators in production, soo happy : )
It's being ported by crt0, so it is 100% definitively legit.
It's thinking...
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

FANTASTIC NEWS!

I love wolfenstein, and I'm currently at the moment hooked on Return to Castle Wolfenstein at the moment.

I remember CRt0 saying once that he actually got wolf to compile on the dreamcast, it just froze all the time shortly afterwards and he gave up.

but this came completely out of the blue and is a great surprise!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy some more CDR's and eagerly await this release.

(One question, will I be able to use the levels from my wolfenstein sequel? (Spear Of Destiny..... very similar to wolfenstein, just some new enemies etc and runs of a engine.)

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Spear Of Destiny support can be compiled in afaik... I'll probably a release a different binary for each version if possible, although I won't be able to test them all ...
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

WOW! Great news! I'm so happy. First the Bomberman clone and now this anouncement. Thank you crt0. And before I forget a happy new year to you all.
Craig
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Craig »

Wolfenstein 3D started it all, and so a DC port will be utterly fantastic. I'm downloading the video, and I will be comparing it to Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I'm currently hooked on RTCW, and so maybe playing the original will bring back some fond memories and some tips. :lol:
Life is so Lame, Which is Such a Shame
Matt Wilson
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Matt Wilson »

That would be awesome if you released WolfDC and the DreamSNES released a new version, both on New Years..

It would finally give me something to do, besides watch football all day. :P

I doubt DreamSNES would come out for a few months anyway, though. 0.9.3 was better than 0.9.4 anyway. :)
Rand Campbell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Rand Campbell »

Just a little thanks for the work you have done here crto. I know you must have worked pretty hard on these projects. Great job!!!! Cant wait to try it out.

Does anybody know if the levels and everything is freeware now or will it be release like doom where you need to get the levels and burn it with the program. I personnally like to see it all together. Just lazy I guess.

Rand Campbell
Matt Wilson
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Matt Wilson »

I believe the DiscJuggler/Nero version will be for the shareware Wolf3D,
and the plain files will be for full version Wolf3D.

But yeah, you'll need to get the games on your own.
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

whoohoo

Post by biohazard »

It's been released! Thanks crt0! I'm about to burn it. I dusted off the ol floppies. I'm sure it's gonna be great.
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

doh

Post by biohazard »

DOH! I burnt 2 coasters trying to selfboot WolfDC. It's strange, because I selfbooted NesterDC, DoomDC, and QuakeDC, but this won't selfboot! I whipped up an .INI for SBB, so maybe that's why.
TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrendWhore »

http://www.dcvision.com/crt0/warningbanner.jpg

Yes. forget 007

Edited
Trendwhore, try to watch the language, I know you hate 007 and stuff, and I have no beef with that but the rules are no swearing. - Subwoofer
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

That crt0's a great guy, he's getting back at 007Cheater by punishing the 15,000+ people that visit this site daily. Very mature. Makes Console Vision look very professional too. :roll:

Pity nobody can download it...
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Yeah, ss_teven put a mirror up.... check http://www.consolevision.com

and don't look at me... crt0s decision, no-one elses...

Plus, I'm not sure he'll do this with every project, it's just that when Doom came out, 007 decided to relase the FULL Doom WADs with it, which he doesn't want happening with Wolf3D as well....
Last edited by Holly Hasney on Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

doh

Post by Holly Hasney »

biohazard wrote: DOH! I burnt 2 coasters trying to selfboot WolfDC. It's strange, because I selfbooted NesterDC, DoomDC, and QuakeDC, but this won't selfboot! I whipped up an .INI for SBB, so maybe that's why.
You probably forgot to scramble it... the one ss_teven has mirrored is ready scrambled and ready to boot
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Hollywood Hasney wrote: and don't look at me... crt0s decision, no-one elses...
I'm not saying you guys at CV officially sanctioned what he said or is doing, but it looks like a cheap ploy to get more hits/publicity, which is one of the things 007 is always getting criticised about.
Hollywood Hasney wrote: Plus, I'm not sure he'll do this with every project, it's just that when Doom came out, 007 decided to relase the FULL Doom WADs with it, which he doesn't want happening with Wolf3D as well....
Sin-Tex would have made sure that wouldn't have happened & seeing how crt0 whined about us having Bomberman on the site I'm pretty sure he will do it with every project.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

I think it's going up on Boob soon, so it's not just us with it, as well as the Wolf3D fansites :)

PLus Sin-Tex couldn't do anything about it.....

/me gives oo7files a cookie :roll:

On a lighter note, I'm hungover and still feeling drunk LOL :lol:
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Yeah, Sin-Tex can't control IRC but he would have made sure any version on this site wouldn't have had any illegal files in it. It is going to show up on warez sites with all the files included though, there's not much crt0 can do to stop that from happening.

And here's another lighter note to go with yours HH, I don't even like Wolfenstein 3D, so I doubt I'll even burn it. :P :lol:
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Heh, I'm looking through the forms, and at the moment, it seems to be the Dr. Z and HH show ;)

Anyways, the DJ file should be mirrored soon as well, so anyone wanting the shareware version should be happy :D