The Death of a Dream.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

The Death of a Dream.

Post by |darc| »

Within a few days, the Dreamcast game servers go down.

Forever.

It's extremely saddening... We will never be able to play these excellent games online again - ever.

PSO might be staying up... Quake 3 Arena servers can be made using Quake 3 Arena for PC and the DC Map Pack... but other than that... we will be seeing all of these online games die.

Hopefully, all of the web sites for the Dreamcast games remain online (the sites you visit through the game using the built in browser).

This marks the end of one of the biggest dreams of Sega - online gaming, something the PC market had, but never seen before in the console market like this.

And this whole time, I'm stuck with no BBA to play with.

Sigh...
It's thinking...
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Death of a Dream.

Post by dude322mg »

|darc| wrote:Within a few days, the Dreamcast game servers go down.

Forever.

It's extremely saddening... We will never be able to play these excellent games online again - ever.

PSO might be staying up... Quake 3 Arena servers can be made using Quake 3 Arena for PC and the DC Map Pack... but other than that... we will be seeing all of these online games die.

Hopefully, all of the web sites for the Dreamcast games remain online (the sites you visit through the game using the built in browser).

This marks the end of one of the biggest dreams of Sega - online gaming, something the PC market had, but never seen before in the console market like this.

And this whole time, I'm stuck with no BBA to play with.

Sigh...
Yes, this certainly brings a tear to the eye... :cry:
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

This mean no chao's to download on SA1 anymore?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

Maybe the DC community can start making homebrew servers for our favorite games. Barubary had one that kinda worked for PSO, right? (Or was that fake?) We have enough talented coders around here, I bet we could get something together. Unfortunately, Sega seems to not give a crap about us or we could ask them for more information about their servers. I never really got into online play myself, but there any many many people out there who love it. Just my two cents.
mmm.... n00b blood
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

yeah its pretty sad, but i never really used the online gaming except for alien front online, christ, those servers went down long long ago. i was so pissed off, still am too
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sega has little reason to care about Dreamcast owners at this point.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

fudge you sega.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

It sucks how being a Sega Fan is nothing more than getting screwed over and over by Sega.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You really need to understand Sega's position on the Dreamcast at this point.

Sega pushed everyting they could into the Dreamcast.

It died on them...

They moved on... even though thats understandable, we still want support for our online games... don't say fudge you sega..
It's thinking...
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

They're only dropping a few PSO servers to make room for the Game Cubers. They are still collecting a bunch of $$$ from version 2 users, so they probably won't go down for a bit.

Is PSO coming out for the fart box, I mean xbox?
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

ok can someone move this to Dreamcast disscusion?

And ok here goes, I have noticed something with OUTTRIGGER, it lets you enter your own server address, would this mean someone could use their pcs as a server for OUTTRIGGER? I really want to know so can someone pm on this....

And this really sucks but, yep the servers are going down.... But if you guys see any games like outtrigger that let you enter your own server address post em here k? Maybe we can save a few games...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

|darc| wrote:don't say fudge you sega..
sorry said it out of anger for shutting down the servers to my favorite online game.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

the only online game I played religiously was PSO, and if I want to play that I will fork over the $8 a month. I am about to do that aswell.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

It's too bad. Really, the only game I ever played online was Daytona. I wish Sega would release Daytona on a new system that could support the online idea as it was originaly announced for the DC. Racing against 3 other people was great fun...but I'd still like to race against 40...like Sega originaly promised. Oh well.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

It's too bad. Really, the only game I ever played online was Daytona. I wish Sega would release Daytona on a new system that could support the online idea as it was originaly announced for the DC. Racing against 3 other people was great fun...but I'd still like to race against 40...like Sega originaly promised. Oh well.
yeah, i had that. it was very fun online
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

that'd be great with xbox live.. -_- :/
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

The only game I played online was PSO, and I now have cable... I'll either have to fork out for a BBA (which I don't think I'll be doing), or work out how to network it with my computer (running Windows XP - I've heard that theres problems there) with a European Dreamcast (problems there too). Not much more online DCing for me :(