Dreamcast Import Guide - Volume Three

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast Import Guide - Volume Three

Post by kaze »

Ok here is volume three. puzzle games this time. there werent many puzzle games not released outside of japan. then again, there werent many puzzle games for the system period. anyway here are the three best.

Super Puzzle Fighter IIX For Matching Service

What is it:

And we have another online play game from capcom. This time it is puzzle fighter. Puzzle fighter was a popular puzzle game in the arcades as well as the home versions for playstation and saturn. For those who have not played puzzle fighter, here is the basic premise. you have falling pieces that are 2 squares wide. each square is a different color. you have to shape these squares into bigger squares of he same color and "crash" them using a special block. once that is done, it drops the blocks onto your opponent. the bigger the square that you crash, the more gems that are dumped on your opponent. there are 8 characters from various capcom fighting games to choose from. each character has a different pattern of dropping blocks on their opponent so there is an element of strategy to picking a character. while you are playing the gane, little sd models of the fighters are fighting in the background. it is quite amusing to watch, especially with a large victory. Now for the extras. in addition tot he regular mode of play, capcom added two new modes of play for the game. they are called z mode and y mode. in z mode the squares are now 2x2 and you have to rotate them into place, making the pace much more difficult. y mode eliminates the crash gems, but plays exactly like columns, another nice touch.

Language Barrier: Medium. Menus and options and selections are in japanese, but none of them should be too hard to figure out.

Expect to pay: Well the game isnt that new so tracking down a brand new copy might be somewhat hard, but used copies online shouldnt be too hard to find. new - 40 used - 30

Worth your time: Definitely. Even if youve played the psx/saturn versions to death, id recommend this one. the extra modes make this one worth it. if you like puzzle games track it down.

Puyo Puyo 4

What is it:

Puzzle game made by Compile. They havent really released many games in this series outside of Japan, with one exception. If you have played Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean machine, then you already know how to play Puyo Puyo. The Basic idea is a mix between dr mario and columns. Little blobs are dropping from the top of the screen. you rotate them and place them. when 4 or more of the same color blobs line up, they dissappear. and the remaining ones drop. This can lead to some well placed chain combos. Graphics are nice and bright, although the music can get slightly annoying at times.

Language Barrier: Medium. Same as puzzle fighter. All selections in japanese, but nothing toohard to figure out.

Expect to Pay: This is pretty much oneof the newest puzzle games out there, so finding it new or used shouldnt be too hard. new - 45 used - 35.

Worth your time: Depends. if you own puzzle fighter and are looking for another puzzle game to take up some time, then grab it, but otherwise, save your effort for puzle fighter.

Sakura Taisen Columns

What is it:

Pretty self explanatory. Takes sega's puzzle game, columns, and sticks the sakura taisen cast in it. Although it does have a few more things than that, most notable is the challenge mode. Basically the game plays exactly like columns, with the 3 colored gems dropping and lining them up to eliminate them for as long as possible. Sakura Taisen Columns has a story mode, complete with "LIPS" which is the game trademark choice selection options. Basically its just go through all the cast until the end. Challenge mode os the best feature. There are over 90 challenges. on most of them you must take one well place column and elimniate the entire field by using a clever chaon combo. There are a few other thngs, such as a gellery of the hanagumi clan andother things.

Language Barrier: Heavy. everything is in japenese, and foten in kanji as well. Will definitely take some messing around to get eveyrthing, especially the lips.

Expect to pay: The game isnt that old, but is fairl hard to find. you might pay more then the aforementioned titles, but dont pay too much for it. new - 65 used - 50.

Worth your time: epends on how much you like sakura taisen. The columns mode is something found in puzzle fighter, so it isnt anything exclusive. However the challenge mode is entertaining, and the artwork, like the rest of the series, is great. if you like sakura taisen, grab it, otherwise, pass.

As far as puzzle games on the dc go, you really cant go wrong with puzzle fighter. its one of the best.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

thx a lot - i enjoy puyo puyo on my snes - better than tetrist -

ssfpf - jeez brings back memories 2 my old psx days. dem lil chibi street fighter characters rule.

but don't u think morgina in chibi got 2 huge breast????

but zull aint complaining!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Heh, I got Puzzle Fighter IIX - That game took me AGES to find brand new, I love that game, even though I totally stink at it :p

And I'm getting Puyo Puyo 4 soon aswell :D