This probably isn't the best place to ask this, but...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CupNoodle »

am i the only that notices that part of magus' name spelled wrong? :?
Magus The Destoryer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Magus The Destoryer »

umm i have a girl friend and she is in the grade in front of me so it if it works for me im sure it will work for you. because i am deaths little helper. :headshot: :mg: :bouncy: :isthatlegal:
Magus - A wizard who attempted to summon Lavos in 600 AD. His attempt failed but he than became a prohept and helped Chrono to finnaly destroy Lavos. His alter ego is Janus of the kingdom of Zeal.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Magus The Destoryer wrote:your a sick pervert becuase you want to go out with a girl a grade behind you. no no im just meesing i say go for it. 8-)
Thanks for the support, man. I'm trying to make something happen, I just don't have a reason to talk to her yet. I don't want to just go up to her and say "Hi, hows it going?" because it'll look like I'm trying to hard, and look like I'm too desperate.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

My best approach is to just run up to her screaming, "WHYYYY?!?!?! I AM ONLY ONE MAN!!! THE WRATH OF HEAVEN WILL NOT BE DECIDED ON ONE MAN'S FREE WILL"
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Well, I was suffering from boredom today, and then I read this thread, and now my world is full of joy and laughter.

First of all, take girl #1 off pedestal you've placed her on. She's only human and if you view her as anything else, the relationship won't work. Just because you like her doesn't mean you have to worship her. Learn to draw the line.

Second, you don't need a bloody reason to talk to her. The whole point of social interaction is that it's meant to be fun. If the first thing you talk to her about is the blood drive you organized just to talk to her, or the math she'll be doing a year from now, she probably won't find you that interesting anyway. You want a reason to talk to her? Make one up. Even a stupid one is better than no one. Notice something in her lunch one day and say you wanted to try that before, how's it taste? The point is, the intro line will soon be forgotten as you fold into actual conversation. Any reason is better than whining and dreaming at home.

Third, if your affection is only for this girl right now, leave the other two alone. It's not nice to play with other people's feelings.

Finally, just do it. No excuses, no couldn't do it today crap, just do it. There's no magical trick, there's no right moment. Every moment you pass up is just as good as the next one.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Wasgo wrote:Well, I was suffering from boredom today, and then I read this thread, and now my world is full of joy and laughter.

First of all, take girl #1 off pedestal you've placed her on. She's only human and if you view her as anything else, the relationship won't work. Just because you like her doesn't mean you have to worship her. Learn to draw the line.

Second, you don't need a bloody reason to talk to her. The whole point of social interaction is that it's meant to be fun. If the first thing you talk to her about is the blood drive you organized just to talk to her, or the math she'll be doing a year from now, she probably won't find you that interesting anyway. You want a reason to talk to her? Make one up. Even a stupid one is better than no one. Notice something in her lunch one day and say you wanted to try that before, how's it taste? The point is, the intro line will soon be forgotten as you fold into actual conversation. Any reason is better than whining and dreaming at home.

Third, if your affection is only for this girl right now, leave the other two alone. It's not nice to play with other people's feelings.

Finally, just do it. No excuses, no couldn't do it today crap, just do it. There's no magical trick, there's no right moment. Every moment you pass up is just as good as the next one.
That's really good advice. It's kinda what I said back on page one of this rather ridiculous thread. But no matter what advice is given...he won't listen...or if he does listen, he won't act. MetalGearRay thinks that the only way he'll ever be able to talk to this girl is if a light from heaven shines on her, and a voice from an all-mighty diety whispers to MetalGearRay saying, "This is the time I have designated for you to talk to her...now go...my son." It'll never happen...he'll never talk to her, and when he gets older, he'll kick himself for not saying anything.[/i]
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

Vlad Tepes wrote:
Wasgo wrote:Well, I was suffering from boredom today, and then I read this thread, and now my world is full of joy and laughter.

That's really good advice. It's kinda what I said back on page one of this rather ridiculous thread. But no matter what advice is given...he won't listen...or if he does listen, he won't act. MetalGearRay thinks that the only way he'll ever be able to talk to this girl is if a light from heaven shines on her, and a voice from an all-mighty diety whispers to MetalGearRay saying, "This is the time I have designated for you to talk to her...now go...my son." It'll never happen...he'll never talk to her, and when he gets older, he'll kick himself for not saying anything.[/i]
LMAO!!!
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Ok, how do I get rid of the second girl without hurting her feelings? I'm in some shit here. Pretty soon she's gonna ask me why I'm not really talking to her. I'm also scared that if I say that I don't like her, she's going to run to the bathroom and cry, and I instantly become the #1 heel in the school in the eyes of most of the 8th grade girls. Also, about the third girl, we aren't gonna go out or anything, we are just going to the grad dance together. She thinks I'm cute and stuff, but it's obviously nothing serious, we both know that. Even if girl #1 does go out with me, she's not graduating, she's in 7th grade, so I'll still need a date for the dance. Right now, I don't even care about the dance, I care about getting the second girl off my back.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

MetalGearRay wrote:Ok, how do I get rid of the second girl without hurting her feelings? I'm in some poop here. Pretty soon she's gonna ask me why I'm not really talking to her. I'm also scared that if I say that I don't like her, she's going to run to the bathroom and cry, and I instantly become the #1 heel in the school in the eyes of most of the 8th grade girls. Also, about the third girl, we aren't gonna go out or anything, we are just going to the grad dance together. She thinks I'm cute and stuff, but it's obviously nothing serious, we both know that. Even if girl #1 does go out with me, she's not graduating, she's in 7th grade, so I'll still need a date for the dance. Right now, I don't even care about the dance, I care about getting the second girl off my back.
She's not going to cry. She might get pissed...but she won't cry...not unless you needlessly string her along. Be honest with her. A girl would rather you be honest with her than be given some BS just to get rid of her. Now...go BS her...and get screwed...you're not going to listen to any advice given. Are we up to 9 pages yet? :roll:
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

I think we are now
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

Vlad Tepes wrote:
MetalGearRay wrote:Ok, how do I get rid of the second girl without hurting her feelings? I'm in some poop here. Pretty soon she's gonna ask me why I'm not really talking to her. I'm also scared that if I say that I don't like her, she's going to run to the bathroom and cry, and I instantly become the #1 heel in the school in the eyes of most of the 8th grade girls. Also, about the third girl, we aren't gonna go out or anything, we are just going to the grad dance together. She thinks I'm cute and stuff, but it's obviously nothing serious, we both know that. Even if girl #1 does go out with me, she's not graduating, she's in 7th grade, so I'll still need a date for the dance. Right now, I don't even care about the dance, I care about getting the second girl off my back.
She's not going to cry. She might get pissed...but she won't cry...not unless you needlessly string her along. Be honest with her. A girl would rather you be honest with her than be given some BS just to get rid of her. Now...go BS her...and get screwed...you're not going to listen to any advice given. Are we up to 9 pages yet? :roll:

Well, those are good points but judging by your response, you are NOT in 8th grade these days. Some bitches are crazy these days and would cry over something like that. You kinda have to be in his grade to understand it. Like me :)
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

*Mr. Siggler is God**
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

dude322mg wrote: Well, those are good points but judging by your response, you are NOT in 8th grade these days. Some bitches are crazy these days and would cry over something like that. You kinda have to be in his grade to understand it. Like me :)
True...eighth grade was a long time ago (about 10 years ago), but I dealt with my share of girl problems back then. One situation very much like this situation. I was going with this girl, and another, very annoying girl was all over me and wanted to hook up with me. I tried being nice to the annoying girl, but finally I was straight with her. She didn't want to listen to me...and it caused her to pursue me even more aggressively...but at least she knew how I felt, and me being honest never caused the situation to get worse. The girl I was going with was happy that I told the annoying girl to go away, and ultimately earned me some browny points with the girl I was seeing for being man enough to be honest. Of course...the girl I was seeing broke up with me two weeks later...but that's just the way middle school works. I hooked up with her really hot best friend a few days later for one of the best week-long relatioships I've ever had :lol:

edit: damn...still not up to 9 pages. I think something's broken :wink:
Ghaleon
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ghaleon »

ecd666 wrote: Personally, thats the most ignorant thing I have ever read.
Hip-Hop in it self is a small minded ignorant genre, without the adults of the country spreading it to the youth.
Listen to some music with a meaning instead of who is more ghetto and has more hos, ice, bling and cristal.

And, yes, there is something hip hop cant tell you about.
How to not be a sheepherd follwing mass market media consumer fool, who lives thier life the way the latest pop star says to dress and act, while you smoke weed because some retarded jackass said its cool.
It teaches nothing but retardation.
Im sorry, if you walk around dressed like a rap kid, listen to rap music and talk ebonics, and ever meet me, be prepared for a fist in the head.
Theres a reason I smack the crap out of rap kids.
They deserve it.
Joe
Actually, I found what you wrote to be quite ignorant. I have no qualms with your dislike of rap, but how can you critisize a marketing aspect that is present in every genre? People want to be part of the masses. Everybody wants what everybody's listening to. Remember how everyone followed Jimi Hendrix and The Doors, or maybe how Depeche Mode made "Music for the Masses"? Perhaps Metallica's long reign on top of the Metal charts in the 80's and 90's?

Every genre of music has the following:
Songs about love
Songs about lust
Songs about money
Songs about fun
Songs about nothing
Songs about a minor situation of no real significance
Songs about a political struggle
Songs about being better than another
Songs about humility
Songs about God(or another diety)

As for "ebonics", there is no such thing. It's called slang, and everybody uses it. No matter how hard you try to speak proper English, at some point, you'll say something either grammatically incorrect, or a word that is not actually a word. I find the word "ebonics" to be very insulting, considering it's not a dialect of black people. How would you like it if we called "proper English" whitewash?
You haven't been paying much attention, have you? I think all of us have stated it enough; fucking talk to her. If you don't have confidence, no one will respect you. You aren't scared of looking like "the #1 heel in the school" or a "creep", you're simply scared of rejection. If you can't learn to handle rejection, you'll never get the acceptance you're looking for. Just realize that if you took the time to stop making excuses of why you can't talk to her, and just go do it, then you'll be satisfied. The worst she can do is tell you no. If that happens, hey, you still have girl #2. Or, you can be with both of them(nobody said they have to know about each other), but the way you're being, it sounds like you don't want either of them. I understand you're timid, but understand that everyone's telling you the same thing, and everyone who's telling it to you, has had success with it. Nobody is telling you that it won't work except for you. In short, Ray, I love ya, but take off your training wheels and ride your friggin' bike like a man!
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Ghaleon wrote: You haven't been paying much attention, have you? I think all of us have stated it enough; fudging talk to her. If you don't have confidence, no one will respect you. You aren't scared of looking like "the #1 heel in the school" or a "creep", you're simply scared of rejection. If you can't learn to handle rejection, you'll never get the acceptance you're looking for. Just realize that if you took the time to stop making excuses of why you can't talk to her, and just go do it, then you'll be satisfied. The worst she can do is tell you no. If that happens, hey, you still have girl #2. Or, you can be with both of them(nobody said they have to know about each other), but the way you're being, it sounds like you don't want either of them. I understand you're timid, but understand that everyone's telling you the same thing, and everyone who's telling it to you, has had success with it. Nobody is telling you that it won't work except for you. In short, Ray, I love ya, but take off your training wheels and ride your friggin' bike like a man!
I was about to say pretty much the same thing. :D One thing I want to add is that this thread has been going for 6 weeks now and is up to 8 pages. I'm timid myself, but I can at least walk up to just about anybody and say "Hello." You want my advice? Sh1t or get off the pot. This thread doesn't really need to go any farther until he actually talks to her (which is becoming less and less likely.)
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Roofus wrote:You want my advice? Sh1t or get off the pot.
:lol: Damn straight...you have such a beautiful way with words :lol:
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

::sigh:: This is horrible.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Don't just go up and talk to her. You need to do something, like "accidently" bump into her. It's hard to talk to a girl you don't know at school because they are expecting that you want something. I mean if some girl I didn't know came up to me and struck a conversation, I would assume she wanted something from me...
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I know the solution to this - Just tell Girl 2 that you want to be friends, and nothing else. Nothing wrong with just being friends, is there?

And as for Girl no1, I'm suprised after all this time you havent said nothing to her yet. Just speak to her, before someone else ends up going out with her. You dont need a reason to talk to her. You think that you'd have nothing to talk to her about (Thats normal...I think, lol), but you'll think of something when you actually speak to her - its always does :P Your brain will do wonders when it needs to.
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

**bump**

I wanna see if he decided to do.... anything!!!
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

*Mr. Siggler is God**
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

dude322mg wrote:**bump**

I wanna see if he decided to do.... anything!!!
Eh, nothin yet. I didn't have any free time at lunch this week, I was trying to get homework done. I know that sounds like a lame excuse, but think about it; If you did homework every night until 10:00PM wouldn't you try and get some done at school?