DC Generator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cless »

crt0 wrote:Man this would be a lot easier if this was a chat room rather than a forum, but you got which one is an act backwards... regardless... if people want to see the other gen-emu screenshots I'll try and get a page put together...
Can I make sugguestion for screens? Phantasy Star 4, Sonic 3 and Knuckels, Sonic 3d blast, MegaMan willy wars, RockManX3(hehe if you can get it to run) and whatever else you think would show off the emu best. I wish you the besta luck anyways and look forward to a Screenshot page.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

I can't be sure about the Megaman titles (I don't have the roms), but the only game in that list that I know works is Sonic 3d Blast. Phantasy Star IV still doesn't boot (that is one of the reasons the emu was coded, to play the Gensis Phantasy Star trilogy, the other to play the Sonic collection). Sonic 3 kinda works, but the scrolling in-game isn't implemented properly so the display goes to hell pretty quickly. I have Sonic 3d Blast webcam shots somewhere, just no dumps yet.

ShadowOfBob: Uhm... I'm not sure but I think the code is part of KOS... I didn't code the support for it, Sayten did... never really looked at how it worked...
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

Hey, crt0, you think you briefly share on how will you get your emu full speed in 6 months? If you had already stated on how, please excuse me.
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

3 emu's theres only one at the moment dcgen the other is not public

1 emulator its open source

other one is closed source and non public till it gets a public release theres only 1 think thats clear

any one can work on it ive got to many things im working on to give much time to any i get bored easy

first thing im going to do as of today is study pvrdma very well then write a video mode for mame thats it ... any think else ill release the day i finshes it

crto you know if you tell people about it they want it I dont want it what it but lots of people seem TO i always try to give to the people
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Yeah, one of the most important things you can do is create interest. Without others interest, why would one be interested in working on something at all? :)

I don't know about binaries but I'll try to get a sh1tload of screens out as soon as I can.
CaptTrips
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

this post has been amusing

Post by CaptTrips »

almost everyone has said something smart,
crt0 gave us another english lesson (i do so enjoy those :P )
and we saw some screen-shots :!:

man, thank you all, this post has been the most enjoyable one in quite a time!

btw, crt0, you are right reapper meant thing, with a g, but in english depending on context, think is acceptable.

hmm, maybe i have another think coming?

thanks all :D
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Hasn't this all got quite odd...

CRT0 - best of luck with your Genesis emu. It looks very promising. I'm not going to touch DCGen, not because it will be slow, or because it will step on your toes but because it was hard and I wasn't real good at it straight off (pvr_wait failing!!!!)

R2k2 - don't be discouraged by negative things being said here - I think you're doing a terrific job of getting interest going on different emus and your mame changes have been great.

And to everyone spreading negative vibes - drop the egos, let's pick up the emus! You'll be glad you did!!!!

-W-
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Hmm... threw in some frameskip this morning and Sonic 2 is almost like playing Mario World on DSNES 0.9.7, fast but choppy :P... eh well not quite... but...

MHz = 3.66
FPS = 28.44

It's more playable than it used to be without being choppy as hell either :)

vectorman 2
MHz = 3.72
FPS = 28.91

i like that game :)
Last edited by crt0 on Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

crt0 wrote:Hmm... threw in some frameskip this morning and Sonic 2 is almost like playing Mario World on DSNES 0.9.7, fast but choppy :P...
Wey Hey! I'm definately looking foward to this one. It's got to be my most anticipated emulator of all time. Kepp up the good work :D !
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

:thumbup: Coo, crt2k :D

:block:
:mario: :mushroom:
:goomba:

@_@, I lovez0r the phantasy star.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Eh but only 2 and 3 work so far so :P, I only wanted to play 4 :\
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

So reaper your not gonna work on your genesis emu after talking all that shit?
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

cless what ever i work on im not going to say till its working and runing ok

thanks warmtoe one of the nicest most helpfull person i ever met in any scene

Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

reaper2k2 wrote:cless what ever i work on im not going to say till its working and runing ok

thanks warmtoe one of the nicest most helpfull person i ever met in any scene
I'm nice just not helpfull :D
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Well... I've been away for a while, but after being a member of these forums (not just this incarnation but all the others including UBB), I just thought I'd have to say what I've gotta say.

[Rest Of Post Edited... just kept jabbering on so to speak...]
Last edited by DJ Samba D on Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

... kinda late to post that... just gonna open up old problems (should be modded down perhaps, or at least cut out the last few paragraphs :|) -_-

thx for the support anyway...
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

great work on the emu crt0 i cant wait till its released cause theres basically no genesis emus out for the dc
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

DoomDan wrote:theres basically no genesis emus out for the dc
>.< It's frustrating to read comments like this. Atani did a great job with DCGen - and it's still being worked on slowly by me. Since people are interested in trying to improve the DCGen source - If anyone wants to join the project officially - feel free - another coder or two can bring in some great things. I've learned this from my other emulator, Laser (thanks to ss_teven :D)
Last edited by MetaFox on Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamcasting
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Dreamcasting »

Wow, didn't know it was illegal. :o I got it from IRC, hense probably why it's illegal........some guy said here's an emulator that's full speed but the sound is crap. Alright thanks for your 2 cents. I'll shut up now. :lol:
What was I thinking about? Oh yeah....yee haw.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

MetaFox wrote:
DoomDan wrote:theres basically no genesis emus out for the dc
>.< It's frustrating to read comments like this. Atani did a great job with DCGen - and it's still being worked on slowly by me. Since people are interested in trying to improve the DCGen source - If anyone wants to join the project officially - feel free - another coder or two can bring in some great things. I've learned this from my other emulator, Laser (thanks to ss_teven :D)
I think its a great emulator ive never knocked it i know how slowly things can get im looking at it and even thou some poeple here got it to compile it will not for me and its not the same error's as before its asking for a missing header ..

i would join but im only new at kos and dc programing
when or if i can get it to compile ill see what i can do but good luck and i surport your work MetaFox dont give up or listen to the negitive stuff from some people .. with SDL and pvrdma out now and working a new video mode from one or the other could speed it up and sdl is cross platform so a sdl sound mode port to the dc version would be helpfull as well just some idea's i was thinking of im trying to write a pvrdma mode my self but at the moment all i get is a blackscreen ....

any ways i look forward to your next release MetaFox :D