Question: Playstation -> DC Controller mod?

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question: Playstation -> DC Controller mod?

Post by Sakiru »

I assume it is possible, only hooking up the pad/buttons/l1/r1 (possibly r2/l2 also, but only to an existant DC button). Has any one done it, or would any one be willing to make a tutorial on it? I am not really a fan of the DC controller. It isn't bad, but I have had issues with buttons getting jammed and the control pad not working properly. I realize I could fix it easy, but a PS controller is just easier to hold, imho.

Also, any SNES controller to dc controller tutorials?

Double comma sentences of doom.
tom61a
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tom61a »

With the exception of analog on the PSX, everything is pretty much same for every pad hack. Hence, the NES tutorial will work for SNES, and PSX (minus analog). It's not that hard, you just need to think a little bit. :)

I think Marvin's the only one that has done dual-shock to DC. He did a how-to on the old forums, but since they died it's inaccessable. :(
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Sakiru »

tom61a wrote:With the exception of analog on the PSX, everything is pretty much same for every pad hack. Hence, the NES tutorial will work for SNES, and PSX (minus analog). It's not that hard, you just need to think a little bit. :)

I think Marvin's the only one that has done dual-shock to DC. He did a how-to on the old forums, but since they died it's inaccessable. :(
So... they all don't have chips you have to take off like the NES controller does?
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

i've been considering a dual shock to dc mod myself. i am going to have some fun with it once i have enough money for a dual shock, and i have finished my snes pad.
mmm.... n00b blood
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

tom61a wrote:With the exception of analog on the PSX, everything is pretty much same for every pad hack. Hence, the NES tutorial will work for SNES, and PSX (minus analog). It's not that hard, you just need to think a little bit. :)

I think there is a backup of them somewhere. I remember browsing throught them once when I was looking for them. a lot of the Articles in the Hardware modification faq thread were pulled from it. Unfortunately I forgot the URL, but I think Dr. Z or someone else might know where it is.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

the url in the staff forum from a LONG time ago doesn't work, so i don't know if there is even an existing backup of the old forums
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com