List SPECIFIC Additions/Changes for NEXT Dsnes here!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by clessoulis »

Link wrote:Hi,

Ok Cless, I have to tell you man. We know Gary wrote Snes9x, but I think what the guy means is that in his opinion Snes9x is better. That means it does not matter to him what even the creator of Snes9x says, it is, in his opinion better then Zsnes. To me it's a toss up. Both are good and should have lots of attention, but everyone has their own opinion. lol

As for ideas lol I have said it before the only one I can think of is the last rom loaded reload feature lol
[saracasim] Thx for cleaing that up. [/sarcasim]
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Link »

Sarcasm( Hey, no problem at all man. Any time.)
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Anyways I think we should stay on topic.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
mr_vile
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

turn off ALL frameskipping

Post by mr_vile »

have you tried playing super mario world on dreamsnes ....ffs i would rather it ran slowly than skipped so many frames, plus snes9.x uses glide, i like glide, therefore i like snes9.x
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Gmc wrote:
clessoulis wrote:Explain this VMU maniger plz.
You have a menu, that shows all the DreamSNES saves, and shows how many blocks are in use/free, and options to copy your files over WITHIN DreamSNES, it'd save turning the system off, and starting it up without the CD in.
If there is a chance of implementing a 'memory management' system in DreamSNES, there is not much of a stretch to include the ability to change the filename of the SRAM saves on the VMU. Either manually character by character, or a 'select ROM to synchronize filename' type of thing.

What would be the usefulness in that? Well, if you burn a new DreamSNES disk, and the filenames are slightly off, either intentionally (Removing illegal characters, changing to 8.3 format, etc) or unintentionally, the saves currently on the VMU would be ineffective.

Another use would be sharing your saves, or if a person wanted to resume their game from their own VMU on another person's Dreamcast/DreamSNES disk.

Just a thought.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Georgie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Georgie »

I think if you could choose your roms by snapshot's it would be fresh
devlkore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by devlkore »

I've got a few request for DreamSNES but also I've noticed something very strange:

When playing Front Mission, DreamSNES saves to the memory card (a skillz one) in port B-1! I thought DreamSNES could only sav to A-1, which is where my official VMU is, also, when I copy the Front Mission save file to port A-1 it won't load, it will only ever load from B-1.
If this info means anything to you then, the controller in A is a 3rd party one and the controller in B is an official Sega one.

LA!

My requests are:

1) I agree with the idea of having config. files for individual games, also with the option to prevent games from saving to the VMU or specify which VMU because some games that don't even support saves fill up my VMU with their crap.

2) Most of us don't have a keyboard, so hold right on the analogue stick should bring up a menu with all of the keyboard only functions.

3) When the roms are displayed it would be cool to have the choice of viewing double or single columns and to view the games by their filenames because so many ROMs have messed up headers so I have about 20 games all called the same thing.

4) It may be an extra, non-useful thing, but customizing the themes would be nice.

ThanX a lot, and I'm so grateful for DreamSNES because the Dreamcast is severely lacking in the good-RPG department, whereas the SNES is not.

BYEEEEE!!

PS: I had an idea of how to get rumble support to work.
Using a program that can rip/play SNES audio files find the sound that is (for example) when you get shot in the head, let's say it's called head_shot.ssf (Some Sound Format, I don't know about SNES formats) and then if you use the individual game config. files you could have a line like:

onPlay head_shot.ssf rumble: strength:2 duration:1

That's completely not how any code looks like, but do you see what I mean in theory?

I'm not suggesting the DreamSNES team make rumble setting for every game, that would be up to individuals, but would it be possible to implement a rumble feature the way I suggested?
Stay happy, stay Sith
http://www.sparktasty.cjb.net
Jet Set
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jet Set »

first of all ilike to thank yall for bringin usdreamsnes
and my reqeust is aconverter so you can convert oldpssnes files to dreamsnes files and the screenshots wouldbe nice
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

This topic kinda died and it's pretty cluttered, i'm gonna unsticky it.
tyrant5911
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by tyrant5911 »

How about making it open source it would probably help production of new versions
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Sakiru »

The only specific requests I have are:

1) Fix the corrupt save bug, it is really annoying. Everything works fine, then one day it doesn't show any of the saves you have.

2) Make accessing the vmu quicker, some games like Dragon Ball Z Hyper Dimension access it the VMU like crazy, and that makes it beep a lot and show that icon, and also slows down gameplay.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

How about making it open source it would probably help production of new versions
I doubt they would do that.. They don't even want people making their own themes.
1) Fix the corrupt save bug, it is really annoying. Everything works fine, then one day it doesn't show any of the saves you have.
It might be a problem with your vmu.. I've still got saves from over a year ago on my vmu.

The things in this topic that didn't get included in DreamSNES 0.9.8 but are good ideas..
- Game autorun option (like "game.nes" in nesterdc)
- VMU manager
- Be able to select the frameskip to OFF,MANUAL or AUTO
- A FPS counter
- keyboard mapping for the DC Keyboard so if you don't have 4 controllers but have a keyboard you can use that as an extra controller
- Ability to change the .mp3 in the main menu with L/R triggers.
- Option to swap the behaviour of the analog and digital pads
- The MP3 player to be able to scan MP3's not only from the "Sound" folder,but from all other folders which exist on the CD as well which contain MP3 files.
Last edited by ZacMc on Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Sakiru »

ZacMc wrote:
It might be a problem with your vmu.. I've still got saves from over a year ago on my vmu.
I have saves from ages ago as well, but some times I think it botches the save. It has happened to me twice with Secret of Mana, both at compeltely unrelated areas/times during the game. The save file is still on the VMU, DreamSNES either doesn't notice it or it saved it wrong, so it is corrupt.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

great

Post by DcSteve »

interesting, its nice to see that my topic has somehow been revived, i assume it should be posted as a sticky temporarily once again.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: great

Post by ZacMc »

DcSteve wrote:interesting, its nice to see that my topic has somehow been revived, i assume it should be posted as a sticky temporarily once again.
I don't think it needs a sticky..
The save file is still on the VMU, DreamSNES either doesn't notice it or it saved it wrong, so it is corrupt.
Were you using the same roms cd the whole time?? Maybe you have Secret of Mana named different on a new cd and thats why it won't recognize the old save.
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: great

Post by Sakiru »

ZacMc wrote:
DcSteve wrote:interesting, its nice to see that my topic has somehow been revived, i assume it should be posted as a sticky temporarily once again.
I don't think it needs a sticky..
The save file is still on the VMU, DreamSNES either doesn't notice it or it saved it wrong, so it is corrupt.
Were you using the same roms cd the whole time?? Maybe you have Secret of Mana named different on a new cd and thats why it won't recognize the old save.
Same CD, DC, VMU, Controller, Location, etc.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

nice

Post by DcSteve »

I am very satisfied with the performance of megaman X2, great work!
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

I've been wondering... Does anyone know anything about the save file naming implementation in DC GNUboy? It names the files as a string of numbers unique to a specific rom dump, meaning that the saves will always be compatible to the same dump, no matter what the name of the game's file is. The game's name and info are still in the file description.

What do people think about this sort of naming scheme being implemented into DreamSNES? I think that it might help solve a few problems and incompatabilities as far as the SRAM filenames are concerned.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
N00b_Saib0t
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by N00b_Saib0t »

i would like frame skip controll, playing shoto's in ssf2 is pretty annoying when they dont spin durring a hurricane kick and area already half way through a dragonpunch by the time you see the move start. all because of frame skiping... other than that everything but mario rpg not working is great.
Pseudo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Pseudo »

Well, first off frameskip control and a true FPS counter would be nice. I want to be able to judge games better.

Second, how about a console for setting options? The dreamcast has a keyboard - they're cheap and easy to find - so why not give more access to the options we would see in SNES9x?

In my opinion, rom list loading is fine - if anything, I'd like the ability to disable the pumpkins, change the background and change the music easier. The windows installer doesn't offer these options, so...

Speaking of which, a native Windows installer would be nice. I've always liked Tcl/Tk, but unless it's actually in Gnome or KDE it appears rather ugly and unuseable. I could help with this using VB and SuperPIMP (Nullsoft's free open source installer).

Speed would always be nice, but that isn't something you ask for - it's something a programmer will find a way typically themselves. Now, if you are recommending something from the source, such as "wouldn't it be faster if the sound used this loop or these asm registers", that's one thing - but saying " I wanT teh speed" isn't helpful.

Beyond these things there isn't much. Actually, what I'd like to see is someone make a SNES controller to DC adapter - preferably releasing the schematic. I scratched together a quick PSX to PC, and the only forseeable issue is the memory card, although one could simply dissemble a DC controller, wire the snes controller to the buttons, and keep everything else the same.

I don't really expect the DSNES team on that one - but is anyone interested?