DreamSNES 9.8

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

DreamSNES 9.8

Post by Nico0020 »

I am so happy for that I have a new DreamSNES. I have fiiddled around with it a bit and have only found a few changes. the in game menu(THANK GOD, A RESET BUTTON) and the different title and menu setup. And I noticed a little bit less choppyness in the emu while I play Supermario World. Game like DBZ HD and kirby work, but i cannot seem to get yoshis island to work, anyone know why it doesnt? And I like how the pumpkins scroll behind the menus this time. Is there any other function that I have overlooked? thanx for a great relase!

one more quick question. I have been trying to play Metal Combat since they added in light gun support, but I cant never see the enemies, does anyone know why it does this?
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: DreamSNES 9.8

Post by donnonotin »

Nico0020 wrote:I am so happy for that I have a new DreamSNES. I have fiiddled around with it a bit and have only found a few changes. the in game menu(THANK GOD, A RESET BUTTON) and the different title and menu setup. And I noticed a little bit less choppyness in the emu while I play Supermario World. Game like DBZ HD and kirby work, but i cannot seem to get yoshis island to work, anyone know why it doesnt? And I like how the pumpkins scroll behind the menus this time. Is there any other function that I have overlooked? thanx for a great relase!

one more quick question. I have been trying to play Metal Combat since they added in light gun support, but I cant never see the enemies, does anyone know why it does this?
Yoshi's Island Does work, you probly just need to download another version.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Nico0020 wrote:I cannot seem to get yoshis island to work, anyone know why it doesnt?
I think I recall that it was the PAL version [E] that doesn't work on DreamSNES.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

I have tested them all on dsnes 9.7 (it makes no real difference)

this is an exert from a topic I made a while back about yoshi's island:

there are 5 versions of yoshi's island, only one of them does not work. So if yours does not work, chances are you're using Yoshi's Island (E).

the others which DO work:
Yoshi's Island (U) (v1.0)
Yoshi's Island (U) (v1.1)
Yoshi's Island (J) (v1.0)
Yoshi's Island (J) (v1.1)

you can view the whole topic here
"The only thing that we can know is that we know nothing,
and that is the highest flight of human wisdom." -Leo Tolstoy
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FFgamer »

Nico0020 wrote:I am so happy for that I have a new DreamSNES. I have fiiddled around with it a bit and have only found a few changes. the in game menu(THANK GOD, A RESET BUTTON) and the different title and menu setup. And I noticed a little bit less choppyness in the emu while I play Supermario World. Game like DBZ HD and kirby work, but i cannot seem to get yoshis island to work, anyone know why it doesnt? And I like how the pumpkins scroll behind the menus this time. Is there any other function that I have overlooked? thanx for a great relase!

Dont worry about YI, its way below a playable speed.
SupahJfly
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dbz games?

Post by SupahJfly »

do dbz games work full speed on it? cuz i really would like to try some. and if not they should make a 100% full speed all dbz games. cuz dbz fans out there want to play em!
Sakiru
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Sakiru »

DBZ HD isn't worth playing on DSNES. You are in for a slide slow with constant memory card saving (laggy). It is a slideshow with no sound/mode 7/transparency, and then the constant saving only makes it worse.
SupahJfly
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dbz games

Post by SupahJfly »

how bout dbz 2 and 3? those other fighting ones it kinda went well in 9.7, did 9.8 increase anything in frame rate?