How to burn NesterDC disk with games that actually works.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
smop
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to burn NesterDC disk with games that actually works.

Post by smop »

I am having troubles burning NesterDC. Here is what I have done. I have downloaded the latest version of NesterDC (v4 I believe), unzipped the .nrg file and text that comes with it, and burned the image onto a cd. I put it into my DC without any roms in to see if it works. Nothing happens. It eventually brings me to the system menu. When I put it in my computer it has 3 folders on it. Assuming I'm just plain stupid (which I may be) can somebody give me a step by step guide on how to make a working NesterDC disk with roms on it that will work with my DC. (The more details the better.)
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

try getting suse's selfbootkit. it is pretty much self explanatory if you know anything about using a pc. i just burned version 5.1 tonight and it works fine.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Skuli
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Skuli »

I followed the SUSE self-boot toolkit's instructions to the letter, and my burned CD fails to load.

Any thoughts? My CD is perfectly capable of burning a bootable CD (the disk images I download, such as Utopia boot loader, work fine.)

Brian K
pixeldotz
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by pixeldotz »

I had this same problem when I first started burning NesterDC. apparently the IP.bin is already scrambled. so if your attempting to scramble when making the disk selfboot, it renders it useless. ie. you scrambled the scrambled ip.bin hope this helps.