2 years of DCEmulation

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by clessoulis »

007Cheater wrote:I try to stay quiet :)

I worked hard on the site for the first year, now im out of HS and have little time :( Ill figure out how to work on websites when im in school or something, long live DC :)
Twice in one day, I'm I lucky or what. Wow I thought you where still in HS congrats on finshing it and getting out of that hell hall.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Chesapeke
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chesapeke »

BUMFIGHTER wrote:THIS SITE SUCKS BECAUSE THEY FOLLOW THE CHINESE DOCTRINE OF FREE SPEECH
Uh, they banned you for saying that? Come on mods, loosen up. Always rushing to ban an opposing opinion... :(

btw, Happy anniversary DCEmu.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Chesapeke wrote:
BUMFIGHTER wrote:THIS SITE SUCKS BECAUSE THEY FOLLOW THE CHINESE DOCTRINE OF FREE SPEECH
Uh, they banned you for saying that? Come on mods, loosen up. Always rushing to ban an opposing opinion... :(

btw, Happy anniversary DCEmu.
yeah but admins are the ones banning.

Selfbooting for Noobs
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

listen, if we don't do anything about "untasteful" characters in our forum, then we'll have a mess on our hand. are we running that bad of a website here? Think of us as police, and this as a city. Now imagine bumfighter on the corner screaming that the city sucks. It's pretty annoying and could start up more people. As for suppression of free speech, it's one thing to come in here calmly and have a list of constructive disagreements about of this site and the DC sucks, but to come in here and in all caps just rant off a bunch of insults isn't what call "tasteful." And if you all above everything else don't like our policy, then leave. We don't force you to use our free forum. People in China are supressed, then don't have a choice. And a final note, without mods, we would be another gameFAQs :wink:

EDIT: And how many people have we "banned" in the past couple months? Doughboy, and he's still posts here under another name. Yeah, that's strick .
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I was here in December of 2000. I visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Louisiana. They had a burner and I didn't. The only thing back then I could get to burn correctly and boot was the Utopia boot disc. I posted how to get gleam to work, but it never did; only a black screen would show up. Then I came home and forgot the website name. But then I found it again in February. So, I posted more and it was easier to burn.

SMEG and NESterDC is the best emulators for Dreamcast to me.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

tenchimasaki wrote:listen, if we don't do anything about "untasteful" characters in our forum, then we'll have a mess on our hand. are we running that bad of a website here? Think of us as police, and this as a city. Now imagine bumfighter on the corner screaming that the city sucks. It's pretty annoying and could start up more people. As for suppression of free speech, it's one thing to come in here calmly and have a list of constructive disagreements about of this site and the DC sucks, but to come in here and in all caps just rant off a bunch of insults isn't what call "tasteful." And if you all above everything else don't like our policy, then leave. We don't force you to use our free forum. People in China are supressed, then don't have a choice. And a final note, without mods, we would be another gameFAQs :wink:

EDIT: And how many people have we "banned" in the past couple months? Doughboy, and he's still posts here under another name. Yeah, that's strick .
I hate when I have to point out stuff but theres only 1 bad mod here imho. Jeeba Jabba. Thats all I have to say. Other than that the sites running nice and smooth.

Selfbooting for Noobs
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

clessoulis wrote:
I hate when I have to point out stuff but theres only 1 bad mod here imho. Jeeba Jabba. Thats all I have to say. Other than that the sites running nice and smooth.
i don't find anything wrong with jeeba jabba. if i remember right, he has never been bad to me for as long as i have been here. and i have not seen him be bad to anyone else if they wasn't asking for it. but then, i have been gone for along time too. so i could be wrong.

well like i said i have not been here for to long. but i used to always come and look around the site, the first time i seen it i couldn't believe it. all the things my little dc could do. and then when i seen the was a snes emu, it had to be the first thing for me to d/l and try. i didn't need any help with burning it on to cd, i just read all the fags. and then i downloaded some more emu's and burned them ok. some if them did come out bad, but i got them working in the end. and then i was offline for a long time. and when i came back i downloaded a few new emu's and joined the forum. but then once again i was cut off. over not paying my bill. it was over $1000. but then i moved and got it back on again. and i'd say soon it will be cut again. but wtf, i'll just get it back on again. well i went on with my self a little to much sorry :D . well all i have left to say is i hope this last's for a long time.[/b]
Chesapeke
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chesapeke »

tenchimasaki wrote:listen, if we don't do anything about "untasteful" characters in our forum, then we'll have a mess on our hand. are we running that bad of a website here?
He did seem to have an attitude towards this site, but I don't see where what he said that was worth banning. Maybe some disagreed with what he had said, but he at least deserved the right to to defend himself before being permanantly dismissed.
Think of us as police, and this as a city. Now imagine bumfighter on the corner screaming that the city sucks.
This isn't illegal. If there are stores on the corner and they complain, he'll be warned by the police to stop or he'll face disorderly conduct charges. He wouldn't be "banned."
It's pretty annoying and could start up more people.
If people start up, then they'd be *gasp* expressing their own opinions. He was expressing his feelings towards the DC emu scene, just like we are. Perhaps he would've been set straight, but from what I read he was making *some* valid points, some of which seem to be true unfortunately...
As for suppression of free speech, it's one thing to come in here calmly and have a list of constructive disagreements about of this site and the DC sucks, but to come in here and in all caps just rant off a bunch of insults isn't what call "tasteful."

Insults? I must've missed them. Who did he insult and how?
And if you all above everything else don't like our policy, then leave. We don't force you to use our free forum.
Well, if you can't speak freely then how free is free?
People in China are supressed, then don't have a choice.
I believe his point was that DCemu mods/admins supress their membership in the same way China suppresses their citizens. How are DCEmu forums any different?
And a final note, without mods, we would be another gameFAQ
Gamefaqs is an excellent site. If there's a game I want to learn more about, I go there and read the reviews and sift through their forums. Their forums do have decency rules too though, just not nearly as stringent as they are here.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Chesapeke wrote: He did seem to have an attitude towards this site, but I don't see where what he said that was worth banning. Maybe some disagreed with what he had said, but he at least deserved the right to to defend himself before being permanantly dismissed.
This isn't illegal. If there are stores on the corner and they complain, he'll be warned by the police to stop or he'll face disorderly conduct charges. He wouldn't be "banned."
If people start up, then they'd be *gasp* expressing their own opinions. He was expressing his feelings towards the DC emu scene, just like we are. Perhaps he would've been set straight, but from what I read he was making *some* valid points, some of which seem to be true unfortunately...
Obviously his posts were deleted for a reason; I didn't read them, and I'm guessing you didn't either, but you could at least wait until someone *actually is banned* rather than some forumers saying "Ban this guy now" before attacking the mods and admins :roll:

He is now banned, due to moderator request, but this was done just now, not when you first posted. As I understand it he was posting insulting forum members, which is clearly against this forums TOS.

Those rules you read before you are allowed to post? the ones you read yesterday before you signed up according to yuor join date?
Chesapeke wrote: I believe his point was that DCemu mods/admins supress their membership in the same way China suppresses their citizens. How are DCEmu forums any different?
facile answer: we dont speak chinese :roll:

legitimate answer: I don't live in the US. Neither do a many of the posters here. Here in the Uk there are specific laws against incitement to commit criminal acts, incitement towards hatred, and there are a number of things you are by law not allowed to say, including advocating race war, giving away national security secrets or instructions on how to commit crimes.
Obviously im not accusing him of having done any of those, but there is no freedom of speech here, and I think many people would prefer it that way.

Actual answer: to be a chinese citizen you dont have to agree to a level of behaviour to be allowed to post, with the stated fact that if you abuse the terms of service you can be banned. Nor are you totally free to move to any other country (website) you want just by typing a different URL.

If you dont like the forum rules, there is noone going to shoot you for not liking them and going elsewhere.
Chesapeke wrote: Gamefaqs is an excellent site. If there's a game I want to learn more about, I go there and read the reviews and sift through their forums. Their forums do have decency rules too though, just not nearly as stringent as they are here.
I think most people would realise GameFAQs is far far stricter about things than dcemulation is, and often you dont get a personal explanation (as this is) as to why something you have posted has been moderated, you just get a "this message was moderated" message.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
He is now banned, due to moderator request, but this was done just now, not when you first posted. As I understand it he was posting insulting forum members, which is clearly against this forums TOS.
Speaking of which how about we start inforcing those on people. *cough INCLUDING MODS cough*
Last edited by clessoulis on Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selfbooting for Noobs
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Chesapeke wrote:
tenchimasaki wrote:listen, if we don't do anything about "untasteful" characters in our forum, then we'll have a mess on our hand. are we running that bad of a website here?
He did seem to have an attitude towards this site, but I don't see where what he said that was worth banning. Maybe some disagreed with what he had said, but he at least deserved the right to to defend himself before being permanantly dismissed.
He wasn't banned.
Think of us as police, and this as a city. Now imagine bumfighter on the corner screaming that the city sucks.
Actually, it's more like running into Wal-Mart and yelling "WAL-MART IS A BAD PLACE TO SHOP, THEY HAVE HIGH PRICES!!!". Of course you will be thrown out of Wal-Mart, no questions asked, no warnings.
It's pretty annoying and could start up more people.
It's not an opinion, it's a flame, it's yelling. See above.
As for suppression of free speech, it's one thing to come in here calmly and have a list of constructive disagreements about of this site and the DC sucks, but to come in here and in all caps just rant off a bunch of insults isn't what call "tasteful."

He said there have been no developments in the DC Scene within a year. This is a MAJOR insult to the many developers working hard for no money. Would you like to develop something great and have someone call it nothing?
And if you all above everything else don't like our policy, then leave. We don't force you to use our free forum.
They are free of charge. You don't spend money to sign up for the phpBB2 forums.

This is the Internet. There is no free speech on the Internet anyways.
People in China are supressed, then don't have a choice.
I believe his point was that DCemu mods/admins supress their membership in the same way China suppresses their citizens. How are DCEmu forums any different?
Expressing opinions in China hurts no one.
Expressing opinions in DCEmu annoys others.
And a final note, without mods, we would be another gameFAQ
Gamefaqs is an excellent site. If there's a game I want to learn more about, I go there and read the reviews and sift through their forums. Their forums do have decency rules too though, just not nearly as stringent as they are here.
The site is excellent, the forums suck.
It's thinking...
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

I first came across this site about 1 year and a 1/3 ago when I read an article in EGM on the emulators/Apps that were showing up on Dreamcast. I milled around the forums but didn't actually join for another month. I remember when I finally found a good icon of Sonic running |darc|(formerly know as Sonicsomething) took it from me. :( I still wish the split haden't happened as well as other issues that really seperates the scene, but at least there are still some cool people left here.

/me misses the old days in some ways... :|
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Came here about a year and a half ago. I stumbled upon DCEmu when I was looking for Titanium's Quake port....I was the only one in Kitchener to know about it. I just got comfortable coming here, and eventually......I was addicted!!!!! So I try to stay away as long as possible.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Wow, this topic sure went off track fast. Well, anyway, allow me to tell you guys about my DCEmu experience.

The thing that brought me here (like most people) was DreamSNES. I actually read about it on another site, and decided to start typing in random things into the address bar. Suddenly, when I tried dcemulation.org, this website appeared and the rest is history.

I think the coolest thing that happened to the DC was Gypplay. I know we have better things now, but back then Gypplay was so cool. The first thing I ever burnt with Gypplay was five episodes of The Brak Show. I remember booting it up in my DC, and my roomate walking in and saying, "Wow, local stations have The Brak Show now?" and I said, "Nope, I burnt them to a disk and am now watching them on my Dreamcast." He went into denial, so I used the controller to flip through episodes. You should have seen his reaction. He was like a kid on Christmas. Ah, good times.

Anyway, I think even though the scene has slowed down somewhat, the community we have here is the thing that brings me back. So many opinions, so much knowledge, and so many memories. Happy birthday DCEmu!
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

My 2 cents...

Post by law »

No idea how long i?ve been around, i?m not the active type in here....

Anyway,highlights:
#1: The Inducer ( Hell yeah :twisted: )
#2: All the legal fuss about quake 1-3 abd the q3 ports ( CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE BBA SUPPORT AND A QWGL CLIENT ?? ) :lol:
#3: DCLinux... nothing like seeing this page on w3m over my dc
#4: All sbi packs ( i love my dc cd with q1, q2, doom, doom2 , castle wolf etc... )
#5: This forum ( well maybe its #1 *g* )

On the other hand, i plainly hate you, i almost got rid of my addiction for consoles, now i own *sigh* AGAIN a genesis32xCD, master system 1+2, gg, saturn, dc, nes, snes, gb, atari2600, psx, ps2, dc with bba... And it?s all this pages fault... stop supporting consoles or i will never be able to keep my money to myself...

anyway, the next huge highlights i see will be psxdc ( 1.3 already takes my breath away ), a lan q port, the c64 emu, full speed snes, a linux with gnomes or de ( dont know if that will ever happen but one can dream =) )

So, Grats and manymany thx to this scene and the crazy mofos runnig it, dont let my dc starve, keep em coming, im out

Law
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

SMEG was my highlight.

I started milling around here around the November of 2001. A mate had showed me his burn of DSNES. DreamSNES had an EXCELLENT interface picture, great annoying christmas music, and was silly slow. I asked where he got it from, and he told me about DCEmulation.com. I started looking around the site, and finally decided to start posting when I was learning about the Master System emulator back in late January. I was more into the Master System than I was the Nintendo back in the day, so this was wonderful news to me. Plus the programmer was a wonderful chap to talk to as well. Well, after havin' some interesting convos with Heliophobe, I tried out SMEG.

I was astounded.

I was playing Master System games on my Dreamcast. They played at full speed, and the control was spot on. I was even able to play Master System games that I hadn't even known existed. What was more incredible, was that SMEG hadn't even gotten to 1.x release! (still hasn't, unfortunately...)

It was truly a wonderful time for me.

- mr jones
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

I don't see what all the fuss about? I would of deleted his post also, it was totally uncalled for. As for me posting. It was good times :)
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Why dont you come back to the site you created. I mean 3 post in a week and you havent posted in months. Mines well come back. Plus think I would be good to have the founder of the site here every once in awhile.

Selfbooting for Noobs
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

I always am around and post, just not in here :) I post in the staff problem pretty often :)
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

007Cheater wrote:I always am around and post, just not in here :) I post in the staff problem pretty often :)
I got a problem for ya. Theres error with this board and over paging aways saying theres more games than there are for the topic. The secret or staff only forums are crap anyways. Post where all the action is. Hey how you liking ikaruga? I heard you have it.

Selfbooting for Noobs