Who always has a ton of homework, every day?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

I wish I was as lucky as darc.
I would've leapt at the chance to take any high school classes early. As it was, I took both Geometry and Algebra II my sophmore year (They don't overlap each other so it's allowable). I was also tested for gifted classes my freshman year. About halfway though the year, I switched from regular classes to gifted classes. Also I got accepted into Louisiana School for Math, Science, and Arts and that was something else.
Darc, I suggest you apply, it's an experience like nothing else. Both socially and mentally.
LSMSA
715 College Ave.
Natchitoches, LA 71457
or
http://www.lsmsa.edu

(I actually remembered the address after 4 years O_O)
No signature.
peer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by peer »

Next year I'll get to CoOP here wich will ne nice..get out at start of 3rd period and go home. =)

Today's weather:
100%chance of rain, mild winds.

Today's Homework so far:

1st block - History I - NONE
2nd block - Computers - NONE
3rd block - History II - I'll have some random history story to read about 200 pages -_-
4th block - Chem. Science - I dunno I sleep in there everyday
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Ugh, they robbed me of a day again yesterday too! I was doing homework until about midnight! God, shitty fuckin teachers. They give me hella homework to make up for crappy teaching. Bullshit.
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

|darc| wrote:
JDCreationz wrote:
|darc| wrote: 2nd Period -Geometry Honors Gifted- Do Puzzle Questions 14-21 out of book.

3rd Period -English II Honors Gifted- Memorize the first 14 lines of some poem, then compose a poem and finish work from class

:cry:
|darc|, I always knew you were smart. BUT THAT is crazy!!!
lol. I'm a freshman, too, which means I should be taking Algebra I and English I. Instead I take Geometry Honors Gifted and English II Honors Gifted. It's not that hard (for me at least).
Let's see...Total list of advanced classes freshman year:
Algebra II (took Geo in 8th), DOE/Statistics (semester), Chemistry, C++(semester), and Honors English.

This year (soph): Analysis (I'm not sure on the name. Analysis is the offical name, I've heard it's just trig, and the book says Precalculus), Biology II, Biochemistry, Honors English. I shouldn't have taken Honors English, too much work when it doesn't really matter cuz of my science advancedness...
Last edited by EvilSporkMan on Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
Kasumi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Kasumi »

This semester I'm taking:

Honors Geometry
CP English I
Physical Education I
Honors World Geography

Next semester I will have:

Keyboard Applications
Algebra II
Physical Science
Industrial Tech

Homework's not too bad, tonight I have about 30 questions from the book in Geometry, work on a project for World Geography and English, and also every Firday I have to do a current event.

Oh, and I'm in 9th grade :)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

EvilSporkMan wrote: This year (soph): Analysis (I'm not sure on the name. Analysis is the offical name, I've heard it's just trig, and the book says Precalculus), Biology II, Biochemistry, Honors English. I shouldn't have taken Honors English, too much work when it doesn't really matter cuz of my science advancedness...
English will matter. No matter how good your skills are, if you cannot communicate them effectively, you are going to go nowhere.
To pull a recent example off of this board: Look at clessoulis. Even if he translates every WSC game in existence, then programs the most awsome game for the DC, we will still hate him because he talks like he's a retarded 4 year old.

I've seen a few textbooks that include Trig and Precal together. They sort of flow into one another. Analysis (if it's a year long course) could be Trig and Precal back to back. Which isn't so bad considering they are both 1-semester courses.
No signature.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

i hate language.....i have to do two a year (jap and italian)...italian is like hell cause u nearly have to remember a poem every week..but everything else is easy..science, eng and math are at least cause they give u time to do your homework in class...sose ,pe, woodwork and vis com are ok to. but i never do my assigment's until the last minute and I STILL get average mark's
my time table is like this (in australia school is piss easy, well for me at least):
7:30 - 8:00 = wake up, turn on pc and play it
8:00 - 8:30 = eat breakfat in front of tv watching ... zoids :P
8:35 - 3:15 = school
3:20 - 8:40 = dcemulation and dc
8:40 - 10:00 = h/w
10:00 - 12:00 = gameboy
12:00...sleep