I played Starfox Adventures today

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I played Starfox Adventures today

Post by Chaniyth »

Well I was out and about, and noticed a Gamecube demo disc, and low and behold... Starfox Adventures was playable!

So I started the game, and was blown away... the character modles look soooo close to CG, but it's all in realtime.

My face was like this the whole time... :o
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Kasumi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Kasumi »

I am looking forward to buying this game, because I have played and loved Star Fox for SNES and N64 :)
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

sweet, i was hoping that this game would be good...now all i need to do is try it out for myself.

i also want to try animal crossing
Kasumi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Kasumi »

I heard that Animal Crossing has it's own special little memory card that has a real-time clock on it, and if you don't play it for a while, your house can get infested with roaches and stuff like that

In other words, you would have to constantly play that game everyday to maintain a good file (I think :? )...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I saw a unplayable demo of Metroid Prime at Wal-Mart today. It looks great even if it is a FPS. I need to find somebody to buy this shi*ty Mario Sunshine so I can get a game I actually will like.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Veggita2099 wrote:I saw a unplayable demo of Metroid Prime at Wal-Mart today. It looks great even if it is a FPS. I need to find somebody to buy this shi*ty Mario Sunshine so I can get a game I actually will like.

Mario Sunshine is good!!!!!!!

but short
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

liltimmyw wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I saw a unplayable demo of Metroid Prime at Wal-Mart today. It looks great even if it is a FPS. I need to find somebody to buy this shi*ty Mario Sunshine so I can get a game I actually will like.

but short
Yeah, my friend was able to beat it within 5 days of the purchase....

I hear that there are many "Shines" to collect though :?
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

JDCreationz wrote:
liltimmyw wrote:

but short
Yeah, my friend was able to beat it within 5 days of the purchase....

I hear that there are many "Shines" to collect though :?
yeah, i beat the game with 73, but there are 120 shines
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Lemme tell you, Starfox Adventures seems to be running at buttery smooth framerates... also the pixelshaders for the hair, are more than spectactular, considering it's all in software, and doesn't cause a framedrop. :D

Screenshots don;t do the game justice, you HAVE to view this masterpeice in person to beleive it. :o
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

kubyx wrote:Lemme tell you, Starfox Adventures seems to be running at buttery smooth framerates... also the pixelshaders for the hair, are more than spectactular, considering it's all in software, and doesn't cause a framedrop. :D

Screenshots don;t do the game justice, you HAVE to view this masterpeice in person to beleive it. :o
all screens are like that :P
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Kasumi wrote:I heard that Animal Crossing has it's own special little memory card that has a real-time clock on it, and if you don't play it for a while, your house can get infested with roaches and stuff like that

In other words, you would have to constantly play that game everyday to maintain a good file (I think :? )...
There's no special memory card, but yeh the whole games thrives on real-time

Weather is dependant on what season it is

light/dark depending on time it is

Other ppl in your village bring presents on your birthday and at christmas

Sounds like on fun, fun game - just hopes it gets that european release!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well I have had Mario Sunshine for about 2 weeks and I have 45 shines and every level left is one of those rediculous jumpy levels. I thought Tomb Raider was bad on Jumpiness but it is nothing compared to this stupid game. My friend bought it the same time I did and he hates it for the same reason.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

arcticfeather wrote:
Kasumi wrote:I heard that Animal Crossing has it's own special little memory card that has a real-time clock on it, and if you don't play it for a while, your house can get infested with roaches and stuff like that

There's no special memory card, but yeh the whole games thrives on real-time

Weather is dependant on what season it is

light/dark depending on time it is

Other ppl in your village bring presents on your birthday and at christmas

Sounds like on fun, fun game - just hopes it gets that european release!
Er, the package says "Special Memory Card Included," so I'd say that it is a safe bet that it comes with a memory card. It also says something about having a special save data present on the card. Anyway, I'm thinking of renting it before I buy it. If it's something that going to force me to play it everyday, then I might just pass it up, no matter how fun it is. I don't like having to manage my life around a video game life.
Kasumi
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Kasumi »

That's the main reason why I don't want this game, I can't dedicate all my video gaming to just one game, there's many other great games to be enjoying ^_^
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Kasumi wrote:That's the main reason why I don't want this game, I can't dedicate all my video gaming to just one game, there's many other great games to be enjoying ^_^
That was my problem with Harvest Moon. But it really depends on how much you HAVE to do to keep things going so to speak. I mean if its one of those games like Seaman where you just spend 5 min aday min its not so bad. But if you have to sit there and play it all day long to get anywhere I with you as far as not fooling with it goes.
TerrorShocked
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TerrorShocked »

Really the game just looks like a normal game tagged with the SFOX license to make millions... But it looks cool.
Boo!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

TerrorShocked wrote:Really the game just looks like a normal game tagged with the SFOX license to make millions... But it looks cool.
It basically is. Wasn't this called Dinosaur Planet before it was made into StarFox?

They did the same with Mario 2 and it worked. If you think about it a lot of games could just as easily been non named chairactor games. Like Luigi's Mansion could have easily not been a mario game.
TerrorShocked
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TerrorShocked »

Yeah it was originally for 64. I am just afraid that it is going to give a bad name to the starfox series. Thats what Metroid Prime looks like... A FPS with Samus in it to make it sell massivly. Still they could be great games.... Games are for playing, not prematurely judging before they are out.
Boo!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

melancholy wrote: Er, the package says "Special Memory Card Included," so I'd say that it is a safe bet that it comes with a memory card. It also says something about having a special save data present on the card. Anyway, I'm thinking of renting it before I buy it. If it's something that going to force me to play it everyday, then I might just pass it up, no matter how fun it is. I don't like having to manage my life around a video game life.
Yeah, it comes with its own mem card becuase it basically takes up a whole mem card.
The special save thing is the first player to create a village (you can have I think 4 seperate peoples villages on the one save so you and friends / family can all play the same game on the same console alternately) gets a 'welcome pack' which will include a randomised NES game for the in game NES
TerrorShocked
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TerrorShocked »

Hmmmm, once the GC gets hacked maybe we will see a GC equivilant of segagen.... I have said to much!
Boo!