Zelda On GameCube: Then and Now

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Zelda On GameCube: Then and Now

Post by JDCreationz »

Thought id give you thissite which has a vast
amount of
screenshots of both
the New Zelda and The Old design enjoy :P
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

Where the H3LL is his nose :o
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

Does anybody know why THIS was scrapped??? :?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Man, the old look looks so much better.

BTW, why is this in here?
It's thinking...
HipHopunism
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by HipHopunism »

Yeah.. I fail to see where the emulation comes into play.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

*GASP*OMG OMG I THINK HE'S GONNA EMULATE TEH OLD GC ZELDA ON DC!!!!!11111!!!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

*fanboy voice* Oh I like cell-shaded it is soooooo awesome! :roll:

That is the reason I complained so much about those dumb ass graphics they switched too. Yea they had a great looking game. Hopefully they will start working on the other game eventually and release it later on.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Evrae
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Evrae »

i think the reason they canned it was because even though the graphic were good looking, nintendo wanted to avoid having "just another 3d zelda" no matter how good it looked.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Evrae wrote:i think the reason they canned it was because even though the graphic were good looking, nintendo wanted to avoid having "just another 3d zelda" no matter how good it looked.
So now we get just another pitiful looking game that won't sell as well.
Evrae
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Evrae »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Evrae wrote:i think the reason they canned it was because even though the graphic were good looking, nintendo wanted to avoid having "just another 3d zelda" no matter how good it looked.
So now we get just another pitiful looking game that won't sell as well.
personally i think the new zelda will be decent. ill see when i play it
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

I agree. Has there ever been a bad Zelda game? I think it will play just as good as OOT and MM, just with cartoony, kiddy, graphics. I hate the new graphics, but I'm going to buy the game anyway, I have to see past the graphics.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It won't bomb out or anything, but there still will be less people buying this game then if it has retained its fantasy style graphics.
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

oh, i was so not interested in games that appear to be changed to fit the almost non existant kid market that i almost passed this topic.

i prob wront even bother with this game, im sorry, i want that is aimed for my age group, and dont bitch either, just cuz your a jackass does not mean i would want to play uninterested games, the only reason i even kept my gamecube is for resident evil four.

im buying mortal kombat 5 for ps2 or for xbox if i got one, i dont want to play a version where all the characters are replaced with little pink bunnies.

i only played genesis becouse of mortal kombat 1, but as soon as nintendo relized kid games wront sell to the majority of a market in the fighter game gender and allowed mortal kombat 2 to be kool, i went back to snes and stayed.
they all luaghed at edison recorded sound, they all luaghed at wilber and his brother when they said men can fly, they all said it was not possible, but, my business has come, who got the last luagh now?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

MetalGearRay wrote:I agree. Has there ever been a bad Zelda game? I think it will play just as good as OOT and MM, just with cartoony, kiddy, graphics. I hate the new graphics, but I'm going to buy the game anyway, I have to see past the graphics.
I recently got Majora's mask and found that is sucks pretty bad actually. This whole going back in time to save your progress thing pisses me off. And where is the Dungeons? Instead of the puzzle solveing boss fighting Dungeons it has you chaseing little kids around town or evadeing Deku Scrubs, oh how fun!! The ones for GB color was ok but nothing special. I personally haven't been thrilled with a Zelda game since OOT. Im not saying that cause Link is a kid I couldn't care less about that. Im saying that cause I hate playing childish mini games. I know there is some in OOT but not many of them are required to finish the game. Id rather have more dungeons to go through then that other BS. OOT had 3 dungeons as a child and 7 as a adult, plus GAnondorfs CAstle making that a total of 11. Majora's Mask has. 4 period (unless I am missing something here).

I don't like that active time in Majora's Mask at all. I don't want to have to wait to go to certain places, or have to go back in time and lose all my stuff cause I missed something. This game did not impress me at all and ID have been really pissed if I had paid 60 bucks for it.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

MetalGearRay wrote:Has there ever been a bad Zelda game?
Yes. Try Zelda 2 on the NES. Shallow, unplayable platform action! One of the very few games which managed to be inferior to it's prequel!

Majora's Mask wasn't that great either. It just couldn't sustain my attention. I don't know if that's because it's a little similar to OOT (which I did play through since playing MM), or because it's just not as interesting as OOT.

I wouldn't mind the cel-shading if it actually added something to the game, or if it were done correctly. As it stands, it does neither. It make the game appear badly made, because that's not real cel-shading. Possibly they fired all of the artists and made the programmers do all of the art work, because those models look like the ones I made.

Oh, and those shots of the older style are actually from one of the GameCube tech demos, not a game. It was a demo of how good GameCube graphics could get, but those kind of graphics are a little beyond what the hardware can do while having to run the game engine as well. As far as I know, there was never a Zelda game that looked like that.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

The "old" GC Zelda was never canned because it was never started....

IT WAS A TRADE SHOW MOCK UP...

Get over it.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

The Kron wrote:The "old" GC Zelda was never canned because it was never started....

IT WAS A TRADE SHOW MOCK UP...

Get over it.
:evil:

*swallows pride*

OKAY!!!!!!! :D
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

BlackAura wrote:
MetalGearRay wrote:Has there ever been a bad Zelda game?
Yes. Try Zelda 2 on the NES. Shallow, unplayable platform action! One of the very few games which managed to be inferior to it's prequel!

Majora's Mask wasn't that great either. It just couldn't sustain my attention. I don't know if that's because it's a little similar to OOT (which I did play through since playing MM), or because it's just not as interesting as OOT.

I wouldn't mind the cel-shading if it actually added something to the game, or if it were done correctly. As it stands, it does neither. It make the game appear badly made, because that's not real cel-shading. Possibly they fired all of the artists and made the programmers do all of the art work, because those models look like the ones I made.

Oh, and those shots of the older style are actually from one of the GameCube tech demos, not a game. It was a demo of how good GameCube graphics could get, but those kind of graphics are a little beyond what the hardware can do while having to run the game engine as well. As far as I know, there was never a Zelda game that looked like that.
I think you are the first person to actually say something educated about this topic AND at the same time not bash anybody elses ideas. Far as Majora's Mask goes once you got into the dungeons it was kind of fun but that was it. The story line was cracker-assed, and the overworld was just boreing. I mean city in the middle with 4 different places to go.

Zelda 2 wasnt a great game but it was playable. And you gotta love it when the chick says come inside for a HEAL job hehe. It didn't fit as a Zelda Game though.

I do say if the cell-shaded graphics added to the game it would be ok. But like you said they don't. I mean Link's model looks like something a 5-year old could draw just about. And the water looks well, bad! Yea Yea graphics don't make a game, but they can still break a game too I feel. I mean if you was going to buy a new car would you want one that looked like crap? Even if it was teh best running car and got excellent gas mileage if it looked awful you wouldn't want to buy it more then likely.

And I don't care what people say people DO look at the graphics of a game. Otherwise consoles would have never evolved past the ps1/Saturn era. I mean gameplay wise what has changed from the Saturn and newer games? Nothing only graphics and sound has really changed. Sure graphics don't make the game, Sega proved that with all those interactive movie games which had absolutely no gameplay value at all! So did Final Fantasy the Movie as it had excellent graphics/effects but it bombed also. But what how well do you think the Matrix would have done if it used filming technolody from say... the 50's? It would have bombed since it would not have been up to par with today's standards.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Well, most people are claiming the Cellshading is "Godlike", and superiour to Don Bluth and/or Disney animations.

We'll see.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kubyx wrote:Well, most people are claiming the Cellshading is "Godlike", and superiour to Don Bluth and/or Disney animations.

We'll see.
That upcoming Dragons LAir game uses cell-shade graphics and it looks better then the ones used in this Zelda game. But of course these are only screens and its not offically released.

Far as being superior then Disney graphics, well if you compare it to Snow White or Dumbo (older disney cartoons) then maybe.