More news on the rerelease of the BBA for Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

More news on the rerelease of the BBA for Dreamcast

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

As it has been kindly repointed out on the DCemu frontpage that their is going to be a rerelease of the BBA relegated to Japan, there appears to be other news that may beg to differ. After just visiting NCSX today to check out what is new, that are now taking PREORDERS for the BBA. The best part of it all is that it is only $49.

Check it out:

http://www.ncsx.org/2002/ncs082602/ncs0826m.htm

From my understanding though, the BBA will not go into production unless there is a preorder filled of 1000 units, and they will not be available until December-January.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Well I did say hopefully an importer would get in on it, looks like the hopes have come true.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

only $49 :o nice 8)
I just hope shipping isn't hellishly expensive.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

$49 dollars may seem a good deal but then you look at the GC BBA's which are only $35 and it just doesnt look as good.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:$49 dollars may seem a good deal but then you look at the GC BBA's which are only $35 and it just doesnt look as good.
But the GC BBA's don't work in a Dreamcast now do they?
Compared to $100+ prices on Ebay, $50 is a steal.
No signature.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I'm just saying I dont think there should charge so much, Anyways I preorder both GC and DC BBA's.

Selfbooting for Noobs
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

Cless, "$49 dollars" is redundant. Either "$49" or "49 dollars". Mmmmkay?
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

ok. $49.

Selfbooting for Noobs
EvilSporkMan

Post by EvilSporkMan »

*cough*EDIT*cough*
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

*Cough pointless now cough*

Selfbooting for Noobs
Heliophobe
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe »

clessoulis wrote:I'm just saying I dont think there should charge so much.
Well, any item like that is going to be more expensive when there's a short production run.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Yup hopefully the BBA will be easy to setup.

Selfbooting for Noobs
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

It's easy to install, but setting up software may be difficult (I don't know because I don't have a BBA, nor do I have $49 to get one) that is unless the software was made to work with one, then it would be easy!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

the BBA can be used in homebrewed apps (if they are ever released) unlike the modem
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Although the GC one is cheaper, the only game to look forward to is PSO. I have not heard anything from anyone anywhere about a second online game for the G-Cube. However, if SegaNet decides to pull the plug on Jan 1st for all the DC games, I guess the score will be equal since (from what I have heard...correct me if I am wrong) the only game where you can set up multiplayer off a computer for a Dreamcast game is Quake 3? Hopefully, SegaNet will give up the goods on these classics and allow the diehard gamers the opportunity to set up their computers to serve as a server for these great games.

Only time will tell, but I put in my order for 2 of these bad boys in case anything happens to one of them.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
acemilo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by acemilo »

Or you could just get an xbox that has a 10/100 card built in and get the best of all worlds :). More/better games at launch, world wide system, no pay for play b.s., voice, everything, including pso! Why spend 35 bucks to upgrade a gc to an xbox when you can just buy an xbox in the first place? Or you can spend 140 bucks to upgrade a ps2 into an xbox but still have to pay for play. My 2 cents.

Anyway, I'd buy the bba, but since seganet is taking down the servers soon, theres no real point. There are only a few games that don't use their servers (quake 3, 4x4 evo, bomberman online, etc), and the only one I play really is bomberman which runs fine on 56k.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

acemilo wrote:Or you could just get an xbox that has a 10/100 card built in and get the best of all worlds :). More/better games at launch, world wide system, no pay for play b.s., voice, everything, including pso! Why spend 35 bucks to upgrade a gc to an xbox when you can just buy an xbox in the first place? Or you can spend 140 bucks to upgrade a ps2 into an xbox but still have to pay for play. My 2 cents.

Anyway, I'd buy the bba, but since seganet is taking down the servers soon, theres no real point. There are only a few games that don't use their servers (quake 3, 4x4 evo, bomberman online, etc), and the only one I play really is bomberman which runs fine on 56k.
can you play mario sunshine on a X-Box? :? Plus, the GC with the BBA would still be cheaper. MY 2 cents :lol:
SonicJam

Post by SonicJam »

tenchimasaki wrote:
acemilo wrote:Or you could just get an xbox that has a 10/100 card built in and get the best of all worlds :). More/better games at launch, world wide system, no pay for play b.s., voice, everything, including pso! Why spend 35 bucks to upgrade a gc to an xbox when you can just buy an xbox in the first place? Or you can spend 140 bucks to upgrade a ps2 into an xbox but still have to pay for play. My 2 cents.

can you play mario sunshine on a xbox? :? Plus, the GC with the BBA would still be cheaper. MY 2 cents :lol:
Not to get into a war about the best online plan BUT with the XBOX you pay one time, get your software, and the headset with a 1 year subscription. for the GC/PS2 you'll have to be buying the netword adaptor AND a form of communicating to the other games (such as the headset with SOCOM or a keyboard). the headset with socom may not become the official communication device for PS2, and some game smight not adopt it (I hope they all do). So 30 for network adaptor, more for software, then more for a KB/headset (which is cheap with socom, like $10 when u buy the game).

But since im dialup, XBOX's online plan is the leats appelaing, then again.... dialup isnt for gaming, and I dont blame microsoft... if I wa sbroadband i wouldnt wanna game against dialupers either.
acemilo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by acemilo »

can you play mario sunshine on a xbox?
No, but can you play Halo on a gc? Didn't think so :wink:

SonicJam, still on dialup? Damn that sucks. I can't play jack on a dialup anymore, except dc. I remember how much that sucked before broadband.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

SonicJam wrote:
tenchimasaki wrote:

can you play mario sunshine on a xbox? :? Plus, the GC with the BBA would still be cheaper. MY 2 cents :lol:
Not to get into a war about the best online plan BUT with the XBOX you pay one time, get your software, and the headset with a 1 year subscription. for the GC/PS2 you'll have to be buying the netword adaptor AND a form of communicating to the other games (such as the headset with SOCOM or a keyboard). the headset with socom may not become the official communication device for PS2, and some game smight not adopt it (I hope they all do). So 30 for network adaptor, more for software, then more for a KB/headset (which is cheap with socom, like $10 when u buy the game).

But since im dialup, XBOX's online plan is the leats appelaing, then again.... dialup isnt for gaming, and I dont blame microsoft... if I wa sbroadband i wouldnt wanna game against dialupers either.
Or you can be like me and not play anything online because, if your like me, you totally despise online play and all it's aspects. Where's the fun if you can't throw crap at the person after they just fragged you in Perfect Dark? Where's the fun in playing a game if the majority of players are going to either hack the game or use a Gameshark? Where's the fun in being surrounded by hundreds of people online, but still being alone in your room? I'll tell you where it's at. It's offline.

And that, my friends, is my 2 cents.