Wierd...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
emuplyr
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wierd...

Post by emuplyr »

One day, I tried putting my sega smash pack in my sony cdwalkman. I dont know why i did it but anyway, i was somehow able to hear the music and sfx from virtua cop. I tried to do this again but it didn't work. If a cd rom cant read gdroms, how could my cd-walkman?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Although CD-ROM drives can't read the high density (outer area) of a GD-ROM, they can read the normal density (inside part, before the "Produced by or under license from sega enterprises ltd.(yes that's on the disc)) part. This section is normally used for extras put in by the developers of the game.

:? :? :? :?
This however doesn't explain why you heard it one time, but not the next. The only way I can explain this is: Maybe you were dreaming. No offense implied.
emuplyr
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by emuplyr »

i know i wasnt dreaming because i had not played virtua cop until i heard the music and sfx and since one of the sound effects i heard was "Virtua Cop" I played the game and heard the same sound effects that were played in my cd player....the next time i tried it i got the dreamcast cd warning[/i]
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

emuplyr wrote:i know i wasnt dreaming because i had not played virtua cop until i heard the music and sfx and since one of the sound effects i heard was "Virtua Cop" I played the game and heard the same sound effects that were played in my cd player....the next time i tried it i got the dreamcast cd warning[/i]
Try skipping through the tracks.

You can also play the disk in your Dreamcast Audio CD player if you like.
(if you're worried about older players screwing up on the data track)
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today