The only things left that CAN be emulated that I want.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ispfun
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The only things left that CAN be emulated that I want.

Post by ispfun »

If I could have anything now (I do mean anything) for the DC these are the things I would want, I would be willing to help in any of these projects, but I am not much of a coder.

Apple IIe: I am sure this couldn't be that hard. It would be easier then Atari 2600 as it has less power. Sure would love to play Lemonade Stand again..

Perfected SNES and Genesis emulation: If I got this, I would eternally shut up. But figuring my other ideas would be easier, I think I can settle for them.

Shockwave Player: Why does nobody think of this? The PlanetWeb .swf player sucks, and you can get lots of the source at http://www.openswf.com/

PSX (it probably never will happen: Man, I would love to play PSX on my DC controller, I love my DC controller and I find the PSX controller uncomfortable.

Speak and Spell: It would be a great learning tool for DC!!

Word Processor: Viewing .txt would be great.. Why? I would like that so when I am playing my nextgen console on my oter TV, and read the guide on the other! But really PlanetWeb does the trick, so really this isn't needed.

VMU emulator: I see this around quite often, and I think it would be cool, as then no battery = foreverness.

Now don't get me wrong, getting all of this is slim to none in chances, Coding is hard! I am trying to learn some so I can contribute somehow to DC's life, but it appears as if I might code for another console as DC has a little less power then some of the newer things around, this is not a request list, rather an idea list. Add to it as you may, We may come up with something patheticly easy and then get something (I try to milk my consoles to the list drop.)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

You left out Turbo Graphix 16/Turbo CD.
Rondo of Blood on Dreamcast!
ispfun
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

heh.. oops

Post by ispfun »

posted a topic instead of a reply.. LOL, but I said what I wanted, not what you guys want..
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I only want WonderSwanColor. I would give away my kidney for WSC emulator for DC that had full screen and full speed support along with perfect sound.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
fairuza
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by fairuza »

after genesis emulation is perfected maybe segacd emulation can be added on? snatcher on the dc would be sweet.

also turbo grafx 16 and perfect gameboy/color emulation too.
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: The only things left that CAN be emulated that I want.

Post by No Name »

ispfun wrote:PSX (it probably never will happen: Man, I would love to play PSX on my DC controller, I love my DC controller and I find the PSX controller uncomfortable.
Try lookinf for a new PlayStation controller (they come in many flavors) at Lik-Sang

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product ... 4&start=0&
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

the texas instruments computer. ti99/4a this thing had some pretty neat games.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Some old 8-bit computer emulators would be nice. I think that the Spectrum and C64 emulators we had were both dropped, and it'd be nice to have new ones. Also, BBC, Amstrad, Atari, Apple II... Mmm...

I think that a media player would be cool too. We have DCDivX and ToEleven and, while they're both great programs, they're really only good for one format each. Something a bit like ToEleven, but with good DivX, MPEG1, MPEG2, Ogg Vorbis support, and maybe stuff like Flash, CD Audio, MIDI, Tracker modules, and whatever else. Basically use the DC as an all-purpose multimedia player.

Support for the modem in all this stuff would also be very good, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. Actually, support for the BBA to download stuff would be cool anyway.
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

a shockwave play sounds very interesting, think of all the SWF games out on the net, we could rip them and play em on dc.... like ESCAPE FROM GREENVILLE and TANK WARS and bla bla
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

VMU emulator all the way man. I wonder why no one hasn't trying coding for it. We could then send the games from CD to the actual VMU. Once we have that we can say goodbye to them cell batteries.

I guess this type of emu is not priority #1 with developers.
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

a perfected atari 2600 emu. a gba emu. a genesis emu capable of playing altered beast and moon walker at full speed and sound. boo ya
Puckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Puckman »

u fotgot a GAME BOY ADVANCE EMULATOR the best emu on dc by far
Life Sux and you know it.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

i'd love psx prob. easier than gba, don't get me wrong i already know all the implications that come with a psx emu, but one can hope
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

JuniorCrb wrote:i'd love psx prob. easier than gba, don't get me wrong i already know all the implications that come with a psx emu, but one can hope

Perhaps if we could find the authors of Bleem!CAST somewhere and grabbed the source off them. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
mrinsulto
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mrinsulto »

or you purchased the source from them
billy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by billy »

how reasonable is neo-geo cd? presumably the ram requirements would be lower than emulating the standard neo-geo.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Genesis Emulation is all I really want now. No n64, since I have one and the games are soo ocheap to get. If you want n64 emulation go to http://www.lik-sang.com and buy a doctor 64 thingy or whatever the other one is called and you can play all the roms you want on your n64. Or just use PJ64. Three Bleem disks is good enough for me. I would just love to bee able to play genesis games on my DC. To go back and play ALL the sonics, ristar, the ecco games, Contra, and teh Vectorman games. The smash pack is ok, I own it but dont play it that much. SegaGen is shit, cant believe I burned that thing. And DCGen thank god is being worked on again. SO hopefully the 2 genesis emus that are being made are doing good!
eham
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by eham »

Ported Handy a Atari lynx emu the source code are on the main page at:
http://www.esplexo.co.uk/

That will be cool playing Lynx on a tv :lol:

Also a Pc-Engine/Turbo grafx emu will be nice.
And specially a another version of Smeg with the save feature will be AWSOME :D
DRAGONMASTER
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

WONDERSWAN COLOR OR CRYSTAL!!!

Post by DRAGONMASTER »

I WANT A WONDERSWAN CRYSTAL OR COLOR EMULATOR ITS PROLLY BE THE SAME AS EMULATING THE GAMEBOY COLOR RITE?THEN I CAN PLAY MY EVANGELION GAME.....ALSO WOULD LIKE A GBA EMULATOR OR A PORT OF ZOIDS SAGA..AND A MULTIMEDEIA PLAYER..AND A SHOCKWAVE PLAYER..I WILL STOP THERE :D :?: :D :D
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

You don't need to shout out your requests? That would only make it less worth considering...