list of UNRELEASED GAMES n64 games

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

Speeddemon wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:The N64 Blunder was lack of storage space. That was the reason Nintendo lost Squaresoft. While not all of you like Square Games you have to admit that Sony makes a killin off games made by Square.

The n64 was a good system but it would have been a lot better if it was cd-based instead of cartridge.

Ofcourse, the N64 was a cd based console.....they even manufactured a bunch of cd based systems for Japan but then i think they created the cartridges to prevent piracy and slow loading times. Oh well , they're loss they had the most patethic games ever and the graphics weren't even close to what a real 64bit console could of done.
Actually from the first announcement of Project Reality (later to become N64) it was cartridge based, the CD like thing you're thinking of is most likely the 64DD a disk drive addon for the system that sat under the N64, although it was closer in appearence toa zip disk. As for the graphics what 64bit system are you compairing it to?, there haven't been many and the Atari Jag dont count. Obviously you never tried the systems best releases such as PilotWings, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario64, Blast Corps, Zelda otherwise you would know that the crap games statement is just wrong, sure there were bad games on it but name a system that doesn't have bad games on it.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

Hawq wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Ofcourse, the N64 was a cd based console.....they even manufactured a bunch of cd based systems for Japan but then i think they created the cartridges to prevent piracy and slow loading times. Oh well , they're loss they had the most patethic games ever and the graphics weren't even close to what a real 64bit console could of done.
Actually from the first announcement of Project Reality (later to become N64) it was cartridge based, the CD like thing you're thinking of is most likely the 64DD a disk drive addon for the system that sat under the N64, although it was closer in appearence toa zip disk.
he could also be talking about when initially nintendo and sony were making the new nintendo machine, which nintendo tossed and sony went off with it and turned it into the playstation. although i dont think there were any versions of it past prototypes and mock ups
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Lupin[lvl] wrote:
Hawq wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Ofcourse, the N64 was a cd based console.....they even manufactured a bunch of cd based systems for Japan but then i think they created the cartridges to prevent piracy and slow loading times. Oh well , they're loss they had the most patethic games ever and the graphics weren't even close to what a real 64bit console could of done.
Actually from the first announcement of Project Reality (later to become N64) it was cartridge based, the CD like thing you're thinking of is most likely the 64DD a disk drive addon for the system that sat under the N64, although it was closer in appearence toa zip disk.
he could also be talking about when initially nintendo and sony were making the new nintendo machine, which nintendo tossed and sony went off with it and turned it into the playstation. although i dont think there were any versions of it past prototypes and mock ups
True, although I find it amazing that no lawsuits happened over that one as when it was the SNES CD addon it was called Playstation, the mock ups looked nice though.

Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

You maybe right about not all games being crap, but think about it tho....n64 has been around since 95/96? And there arent that many good games on it....Even dreamcast which lived for about 2 years only managed to get a good count of "good games".

And yes I was basically talking about the playstation addon which was supposed to be the original thing.....but why'd they sack such a good project and make n64? If NINTENDO owned playstation ....it would of been amazing.
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Speeddemon wrote:You maybe right about not all games being crap, but think about it tho....n64 has been around since 95/96? And there arent that many good games on it....Even dreamcast which lived for about 2 years only managed to get a good count of "good games".
The PSX has been around longer and look at the amount of crap on that, the longer a machine's around the more crap it gets.
Speeddemon wrote:And yes I was basically talking about the playstation addon which was supposed to be the original thing.....but why'd they sack such a good project and make n64? If NINTENDO owned playstation ....it would of been amazing.
The original Playstation project was canned due to disagreements between Nintendo & Sony after which Nintendo went to Philips to make the CD addon before falling out with them & going back to Sony, they then fell out with Sony again (partly due to the work with Philips) and Sony left the project.

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Wow I had no idea there could have existed a system between Sony and Nintendo *thinks of the possibilitys*
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Puckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Puckman »

u guys forgot ff7 on that list rember it was originally one n64 and not psx
Life Sux and you know it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea I still think the n64 was a good system and it DID have a good chunk of good games on it. But I also think it could have been the dominate system for its time if it had just been cd-based. While it was produceing better graphics then the ps1, with the lack of storage space the games could not have the level of detail some ps1 games had. I noticed a big difference in graphics between the ps1 and n64. A good example is walk near a wall in a 3d game (such as mario 64 on n64) you will notice when your close to the wall it still looks good. But get close to a wall on a ps1 game and its all grainie and you can actually see each bit where it was colored. Other then Conkers Bad Fur Day I don't think any n64 game had much voices in it. And with the n64 music had to be digitized since Cd-Audio is out with a cartridge. I would guess on Conkers Bad fur day the Actual game itself was about the size of MArio 64 (which was about 8 meg right?). Then with the voices added it probably over doubled the size of the game.

Im probably not making much since. I have been working on a bottle of whiskey hehe.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

I didn't know FF7 was originally for the N64- interesting... where did you find this out...?

O yea, SimCity 64 wasn't added- that would have actuallly been cool judging by the screen shots- a fully 3d SimCity game, whre you can examine everything that was built.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

They made a Simcity deluxe for PC and ps1 that let you see the city you build in a 3d enviroment.

There was also Streets of Sim City for PC that let you race though Sim city 2000 maps. That game was very stupid as I own it though. It looks as if it was a throw together job to me.
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I hear Tony Hawk 3 is coming out sometime soon.

Edit: I guess you meant games that were made but never released.
Last edited by anal=probe on Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

SaSSO wrote:I didn't know FF7 was originally for the N64- interesting... where did you find this out...?
Isn't that one common knowledge?, it was being considered durint hte development of the N64, theres even shots of it floating around somewhere.
SaSSO wrote:O yea, SimCity 64 wasn't added- that would have actuallly been cool judging by the screen shots- a fully 3d SimCity game, whre you can examine everything that was built.
If you mean Sim City 2000 it came out in Japan, presumably bombed so it never came out in thw west. As for voices Veggita2099 I think Perfect Dark has quite a lot of speech in it as has Rouge Squadren.

HughJass
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by HughJass »

Hawq wrote:
Speeddemon wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:The N64 Blunder was lack of storage space. That was the reason Nintendo lost Squaresoft. While not all of you like Square Games you have to admit that Sony makes a killin off games made by Square.

The n64 was a good system but it would have been a lot better if it was cd-based instead of cartridge.

Ofcourse, the N64 was a cd based console.....they even manufactured a bunch of cd based systems for Japan but then i think they created the cartridges to prevent piracy and slow loading times. Oh well , they're loss they had the most patethic games ever and the graphics weren't even close to what a real 64bit console could of done.
Actually from the first announcement of Project Reality (later to become N64) it was cartridge based, the CD like thing you're thinking of is most likely the 64DD a disk drive addon for the system that sat under the N64, although it was closer in appearence toa zip disk. As for the graphics what 64bit system are you compairing it to?, there haven't been many and the Atari Jag dont count. Obviously you never tried the systems best releases such as PilotWings, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario64, Blast Corps, Zelda otherwise you would know that the crap games statement is just wrong, sure there were bad games on it but name a system that doesn't have bad games on it.

The X-Box is 64 bit. :wink:
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

XBOX ISNT 64 BIT are you mad? In terms of graphics its 128BIT, sound = 64 bit , ram = 64mb .....so maybe you were referring to sound ?
HughJass
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by HughJass »

Bits don't mean much anymore. The X-Box is 64 bits, the Gamecube is 32 bits. Period.
Puckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Puckman »

HughJass wrote:Bits don't mean much anymore. The xbox is 64 bits, the Gamecube is 32 bits. Period.
no how u fiqure there both 128 y would nintendo be so stupid to go from 64 to 32
Life Sux and you know it.
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

HughJass wrote:Bits don't mean much anymore. The xbox is 64 bits, the Gamecube is 32 bits. Period.

Umn if bits dont mean much anymore......THEN HOW IS IT 32 BITS LOL!!!. Time to cut out a bit on the weed? All next gen consoles DC, GC, Xbox, PS2 and 128 bit.....and tHAT referring to Graphic bits.

I couldnt even dream of a reason why nintento would go from 64 bits to 32 bits?

Pfft......

*me awaits a reply from him saying "Dreamcast is 16 bits, period."
HughJass
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by HughJass »

Ugh, ignorance. The Dreamcast has a 128 bit processor, the Playstation 2 is 128, the XBox is 64, and the Gamecube is 32.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

HughJass wrote:Ugh, ignorance.
You said it, so we dont have to.

az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Re: list of UNRELEASED GAMES n64 games

Post by az_bont »

NullBot_TheRevenge wrote:
reaper2k2 wrote:40 WINKS .. GT INTERACTIVE PLATFORM
I coulda sworn that was released ... I read a review of it back when I still got nintendo power.
It WAS released on the PSone.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!